This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• NWN comes with the editor, just a little after the game's out usually, but not much of an issue here. Maybe Gary's Mod for other steam editors?
  • Or, before I waste my money, is there a better game that has that feature on Steam?
    Source SDK
  • Bought the Doom pack. In a rare case of god damn it, finally something good, it turns out I actually can run Doom 3.
  • Going to give Section 8 a shot.
    Stupid review making me want to get the game.. I'm going to hold off I already spent enough.
  • It's only a few dollars, what've you got to loose? It could be fun.
    I've played it before - The singleplayer campaign is little more than a glorified tutorial, but from that it seems the multiplayer would be pretty good - the game mechanics are identical, for the most part, it's just that your squadmates are bots, rather than players. It's worth the price.
  • edited December 2010
    Section 8 was fun for the short time I played the beta. It just lacked the polish.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Section 8 was fun for the short time I played the beta. It just lacked the polish.
    I agree, it can be a bit rough, but overall, it's enjoyable enough for...what, Five bucks? Two quid?
    I have like 211 games already and games I actually want might come up.. rather spend 5 dollars on something I know I want ^_^ I am also very concerned about multi-player only games being that if they don't have the community they tend to die out. I know a lot of multi-player indie games have this trouble.
  • quid
    I've always wished we had some neato slang for our money that sounded remotely this exotic. We have bucks. You have quid. You clearly win.
    Since I can't see youtube at work, at first when I saw this comment I thought "What? You're moving to the US so you can apply for cheap housing?"

After some Googles, I see what it's all about. Regardless, it's a very odd name for a game. They could have picked a different number.
  • "What? You're moving to the US so you can apply for cheap housing?"
    I AGREE. Worst. Name. Ever. It's like Ohama Steaks calling its new cut the "Food Stamp Special."
  • No special sales today?
  • edited December 2010
    Wait a minute. They take time to update.

Edit: There you are.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited December 2010
    No special sales today?
    Nah, Valve just failed at updating. This has happened in previous sales. Give them a few minutes.

EDIT: See? Already fixed.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Dead Space, Amnesia, maybe Greed Corp. Definitely the day so far that has the most games I want.
  • Alright, guys. Here's your chance to put your money where Scott's mouth is. All of the Quake games up to 3 on sale for 10 bucks. Probably going to get that, might get Plants vs. Zombies and Archon, today's indie deal.
  • edited December 2010
    Amensia is a great game for $6.80. Dead Space also looks interesting.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I've always wanted to play Freedom Force, and it's $1.69. I might pick it up. Maybe.
  • I've always wanted to play Freedom Force, and it's $1.69. I might pick it up. Maybe.
    I played the first one like 5 or 6 years ago and had lots of fun with it. Adam played it recently and didn't like it. Though he has questionable taste :-p
  • Got Greed Corp. and Plants Vs Zombies.
  • Here's your chance to put your money where Scott's mouth is. All of the Quake games up to 3 on sale for 10 bucks.
    If there is interest, I will run a Quake 2 Lithium Deathmatch and Quake 2 Lithium CTF server. For 3, just play LIVE.
  • edited December 2010
    If there is interest, I will run a Quake 2 Lithium Deathmatch and Quake 2 Lithium CTF server.
    NO RYM WE NEED TO SET UP AN ACTION QUAKE 2 SERVER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD>>>>>>>>>
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • You know, I kinda wish Steam had different icons for "Online Multiplayer" and "Local Multiplayer".
  • Getting Plants vs. Zombies, because I don't already own it, it's GOTY edition, it's only 4 dollars...
  • O RYM WE NEED TO SET UP AN ACTION QUAKE 2 SERVER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD>>>>>>>>>
    As much as I love AQ, it's a poor man's CounterStrike.

Tell you what, if you can find the files necessary to install it, I'll see about getting a server running.
  • Kinda waffling on buying teh quake pack... Classic multiplayer fps and all that, yeah, but there's quake live and we've got CS now...