This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• edited December 2010
    As much as I love AQ, it's a poor man's CounterStrike.
    Ummm.. Can you strafe jump and snipe? The premise of Action quake, in fact the entire design theory was based on making it feel like an action movie. That's definitely different then what Counterstrike was setting out to do..
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Kinda waffling on buying teh quake pack... Classic multiplayer fps and all that, yeah, but there's quake live and we've got CS now...
    Quake 3 is pretty much Quake Live. However, Quake 1 and 2 are completely separate beasts.
  • edited December 2010
    Tell you what, if you can find the files necessary to install it, I'll see about getting a server running.
    http://action.telefragged.com/You don't think I don't know where to find these files :-p
    http://planetquake.gamespy.com/View.php?view=MOTW.Detail&id;=122
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I will try out Greed Corp and report back.
  • Greed Corp is alright. Definitely an interesting turn based strategy that plays fast. Would like to play against a real person
  • So, for the first time ever, I actually bought some Steam games. Will this change me from being a console-only gamer? Probably not, but I'm willing to spend a little to see what other kind of games there are out there.

For $35 I picked up:
    Amnesia
    Machinarium
    Plants vs Zombies
    Torchlight
    Civ IV + all expansions

*sigh* As if playing eight games at once wasn't enough.
  • Took ya long enough.
  • I am totally unable to get into Machinarium. The art and music are nice, but my experience with the gameplay has just been trying everything with everything else until stuff works.
  • I had the same problem.
  • I just bought The Ball.
  • Too many interesting games today. Amnesia is a sure-buy. I kinda want the Quake pack, but HoI3 is competing with it. Plants vs. Zombies I don't have yet, and I want it. Greed Corp looks cool, and The Ball is intriguing.
  • Nothing really compelling today.
  • Too many interesting games today. Amnesia is a sure-buy. I kinda want the Quake pack, but HoI3 is competing with it. Plants vs. Zombies I don't have yet, and I want it. Greed Corp looks cool, and The Ball is intriguing.
    Nothing really compelling today.
    Variety: The spice of life!
  • It's kinda late now, but I beat Red Faction Guerilla and had quite a bit of fun with it. It's a GTA-style open world, but it's on Mars and you have an awesome sledgehammer capable of trivially destroying entire buildings. The story isn't bad either. If you already bought it but haven't played it, I recommend installing it and playing it.

Worst case scenario, you spend a few hours being a space asshole. It's $10 right now, but it might come back for the repeats.
  • Bought Amnesia, Hearts of Iron 3, and Greed Corp. It was a good day.
  • I am totally unable to get into Machinarium. The art and music are nice, but my experience with the gameplay has just been trying everything with everything else until stuff works.
    True for all point and click adventure games. I suggest you either just watch these games on YouTube, or play them with a FAQ.
  • Probably going to pick up GTA4 when I get home today. I've already played the main game, but I wanna get up on them expansions.
  • Is Europa Universalis III Complete good? 5 dollars for strategy games is always a siren call to me.
  • Got Shatter. Very nice.
  • The Rome and Macedon games look interesting too (and CHEAP).
  • Did anyone but me get Greed Corp yesterday? I want to play with somebody.
  • Bought the GTA4 complete pack. I'm done with this sale. Please, nobody let me buy more!
    Got Shatter. Very nice.
    Yeah, Shatter's fantastic.

If you don't have Left 4 Dead 2, grab it for $6.79. I want people to play with, because I've been sitting on this game for like 2 years and have only played it for 6 hours.
  • Is Europa Universalis III Complete good? 5 dollars for strategy games is always a siren call to me.
    As has already been established I love it, but I play it with the Heir to the Throne expansion, which is another five dollars at the current time. That being said, I think you should buy it, we could play it together!
    As has already been established I love it, but I play it with the Heir to the Throne expansion, which is another five dollars at the current time. That being said, I think you should buy it, we could play it together!
    I have the game from the actual EU3 Complete CD; think I can just buy the expansion on Steam? We might be able to get a three-player game going.

Also, I bought Hearts of Iron 3, so if you're into WWII strategy, there's that.
  • We might be able to get a three-player game going.
    Grey was a super cool dude and bought the game for me, so if possible we'll have make it four.
  • edited December 2010
    I have the game from the actual EU3 Complete CD; think I can just buy the expansion on Steam? We might be able to get a three-player game going.
    I'm not sure, you might want to ask the EU3 forum guys about that, but make sure to register your copy and post in the Tech-Support forum, or your shit will get shut down hard.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • I'm pretty sure it says "Vietnam requires the base game Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on Steam to play." and similar on most games for a reason.
  • edited December 2010
    I just realized that I may have lost the CD Key for my disc, so I might just buy another copy for my gaming PC. This is why I only buy digitally distributed PC games anymore.
    on Steam
    Never noticed that little note.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I bought the Indie Future pack today - Shit is fuckin' sweet. Hammerfall is great fun(sadly, not multiplayer though), hacker evolution is an interesting little puzzle game, uplink is, well, uplink, and the other two games I've not tried yet, but look pretty good.
  • Shatter is fun, but I also found it to be somewhat glitched.