This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Now, I will need to buy less (read: probably zero) t-shirts. And make 100% of my own meals, and probably invest in a bento box so that I can eat lunch between classes. Also, I'm already off-budget for the next month, so I have to correct that.

Fuck you, video game industry. Thanks for delivering a roundhouse kick straight to my monetary junk with all of your awesome products.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Dude, what about Mortal Combat?
  • Mortal Kombat
    What about it?
  • Mortal Kombat
    What about it?
    Ironically, ninja'd.
  • New game by Jason Rohrer. It's a procedurally-generated shooter.
  • New game by Jason Rohrer. It's a procedurally-generated shooter.
    And it's completely goddamn fascinating. I initially played for a few minutes and was a bit unimpressed, but I just played some more and realized that not all of the game mechanics had even been introduced. Now that they have been, I can see myself spending as much time in this as I might have spent on Spelunky or something along those lines.
  • B.U.T.T.O.N. is now on Steam. Braid is also £2.
    I will put BUTTON on my laptop, and bring enough XBox controllers to play BUTTON at PAX.
    I will put BUTTON on my laptop, and bring enough XBox controllers to play BUTTON at PAX.
    I have it on my laptop as well. Mine's a bit more of a beast than yours in terms of size, IIRC, though.

Also, honestly, don't really care for Braid. I get that it's a game with a message, but the mechanics kinda bore me.
  • I have it on my laptop as well. Mine's a bit more of a beast than yours in terms of size, IIRC, though.
    Well, if you got more horsepower and a bigger screen, sucks for you, but good for playing BUTTON.
  • Well, if you got more horsepower and a bigger screen, sucks for you, but good for playing BUTTON.
    I have an i5 with six gigs of ram (Long story, but I got a good deal on this) and a 17 inch widescreen. It's a pain in the ass to move (except within the house), but I think in this case it'll work in our favor.
  • Heh. I kinda like the achievements this game has. 100,000 button presses, random 1 in a million chance achievement...
  • Darksiders is £5 on Steam. I almost kicked myself after not getting it in the Christmas sale then hearing it all over GOTY discussions as a Zelda-like.
  • The massive "Sega Genesis MegaCollection", which is every Sega Genesis game on Steam, is $10 at the moment. Much of it is pretty meh, but there's enough gems (Gunstar Heros, Vectorman, Golden Axe) that it's worth it. None of the Sonic the Hedgehog games, though.
  • The massive "Sega Genesis MegaCollection", which is every Sega Genesis game on Steam, is $10 at the moment. Much of it is pretty meh, but there's enough gems (Gunstar Heros, Vectorman, Golden Axe) that it's worth it. None of the Sonic the Hedgehog games, though.
    THIS is how you make money off of old properties. Nerds can emulate, but even I would pay for that rather than bother.
  • THIS is how you make money off of old properties. Nerds can emulate, but even I would pay for that rather than bother.
    I'm hoping that with their recent release of the Dreamcast Collection on Steam, that means that we'll be getting some awesome old games like the Saturn Bomberman and such. Sega seems to "get it", at least a little bit. Though I don't know how much of that is desperation, and how much is actually getting it, though.
  • Maybe Sonic Team is haemorrhaging money so badly they need to do stuff like this just to stay afloat.
  • The massive "Sega Genesis MegaCollection"
    I can't seem to find this through searching. I see the Genesis packs, but no $10 mega-pack.
  • The massive "Sega Genesis MegaCollection"
    I can't seem to find this through searching. I see the Genesis packs, but no $10 mega-pack.
    Here you go: Steam website for Sega Genesis Classics Collection
  • I do believe I will buy this.
  • Oh wow, that's a lot of quality Genesis games for $10. The thing is, I already have a Genesis emulator. Do these games work better than an emulator? Are they HD? I need more info before I shell out $10.
  • I've got a PSP Genesis emulator. I'm not sure if these ones even have save states.
  • Cool, at first I thought that buying this was going to give me a zillion individual menu icons in my library for each game, but they're all compacted under "SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics." Way better.
  • Oh wow, that's a lot of quality Genesis games for $10. The thing is, I already have a Genesis emulator. Do these games work better than an emulator? Are they HD? I need more info before I shell out $10.
    Literally the only difference is that I paid for these.
  • Fuck you, Steam. Buying things from you is way too easy.

I'ma play me some motherfuckin' Golden Axe.

What I'd really like to see, though, is a re-release of some Sega CD games. Maybe I can finally fucking beat Sewer Shark. Fuck that fucking game.
  • Gunstar Heroes is so satisfying.
  • edited March 2011
    Oh wow, that's a lot of quality Genesis games for $10. The thing is, I already have a Genesis emulator. Do these games work better than an emulator? Are they HD? I need more info before I shell out $10.
    This is HD and has most of the same games if you're willing to pay a little extra.

I'm tempted to buy this steam pack but I already have every genesis rom on my hard drive and I know I'm probably getting the sonic's genesis collection for my birthday so I don't know if I really need these all that much.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • I think I'll stick with my ROMs. I'll just reference the list for some games I've neglected.
  • Pokemon Black and White are both $25 today as Amazon's deal of the day.
  • Super Meat Boy is $7.50 again on steam. I know what I'm buying today.