This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Plain Sight for £2. Anyone interested?
    I believe if you look back in this thread, you'll find that the last time this game was on sale, a bunch of us bought it and decided that the game is pretty bad.
    I believe if you look back in this thread, you'll find that the last time this game was on sale, a bunch of us bought it and didn't play it because the servers were empty.
  • Wait, hold on...

The Daily Deals are in ADDITION TO Midweek Madness and the Weekend Deals? Goodbye savings account...
  • edited May 2011
    Wait, hold on...

The Daily Deals are in ADDITION TO Midweek Madness and the Weekend Deals? Goodbye savings account...
    No kidding. How are we supposed to resist 18 Wheels of Steel American Long Haul? Just in case future scholars are wondering why I mentioned that game, it happened to be on sale the day of this posting.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Omg Dirt3 unlock in 3 days.

I gotta pre-order i gotta pre-order i gotta pre-order....
  • edited May 2011
    Omg Dirt3 unlock in 3 days.

Fuuuuuuuu need to rapidly build up cash.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • decided that the game is pretty bad.
    I respectfully disagree. I bought it today and played it for about an hour and was having a grand ol' time.
    Playing it for too long kinda messes with your eyes, though.
  • Omg Dirt3 unlock in 3 days.

Fuuuuuuuu need to rapidly build up cash.
    I have a terrible choice to make.
    Either:
    Pre order Dirt 3
    or
    Buy an arduino mega
    or
    Buy a servo, airsoft gun, and other misc parts for my arduino turret.

Arrrgh! Choices! >.<!!!
  • I would go with one of the Arduino choices. Video games are awesome, and I'll never stop playing them, but you can easily achieve 90% of the satisfaction gained from playing an awesome new game by playing an awesome old game that you never had the chance to. There's no easy substitute for the Arduino stuff.
  • edited May 2011
    Get the 'Duino. I spent money on backpacking gear instead of Portal 2 a while pack. Still don't have Portal 2 (and I still want it), but I have a $200+ Osprey Atmos 65 that I got on a ridiculous sale and will last my entire life.

Sometimes hard purchase decisions aren't really as hard as they seem.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Sniper: Ghost Woyah for £5.. It's sneaky shooting, which I like, but has a 55 Metacritic score..
  • Sniper: Ghost Woyah for £5.. It's sneaky shooting, which I like, but has a 55 Metacritic score..
    I heard it was invisible walls and enemies with perfect vision through foliage all over the place
  • I suppose I could just play FarCry 2 if I'm looking for sniping at bad AI.
    Yeah, I was about to jump on it, but all of these daily deals have been a case of "Oh, that seems interesting, no wait, the Internet says it's shit."
  • To kick off Ubisoft Week on Steam there's a massive Prince of Persia sale. 66% off each individual game and 75% off if you grab them all at once.
  • I grabbed some of these back in December: The Forgotten Sands is not bad; I do recommend it. Yahtzee wasn't the biggest fan, but it's still pretty fun - Definitely worth it for $US6.79. "Prince of Persia" is bad. The Sands of Time was a great game on consoles, but it doesn't work with the Xbox 360 controller and it has some weird graphical bugs.
  • The Sands of Time was a great game on consoles, but it doesn't work with the Xbox 360 controller and it has some weird graphical bugs.
    Works for me.
  • Ubisoft published games are 1/3rd off, AssCreed 2 and 1 are both £14 but I'm expecting them to drop further on one of the days.
  • In Gabe Newell's continued effort to slowly bleed our bank accounts dry, Uplink is £2 and is only a 16MB download (I heard you can fit that on 4 of those new floppy discs they've got coming out.).
  • Ahhh Wednesday, Daily Sale, Midweek Madness and UbiSoft weekly sale.

Some days I look at steam and all I can see is that old Gypsy from Thinner and my wallet just ran over his wife.
  • edited May 2011
    Buy HAWX 1 for £5 because jetplanes?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Buy HAWX 1 for £5 because jetplanes?
    There is almost definitely another game in the $5 or less section that is more worth buying.
  • Goddamnit, I am SO on the fence about Frozen Synapse.
    Do you have another game you also want? Are you actually bored and don't have any games to play?

I realized one great thing about Steam. While it entices you to buy all these new games, it also gives you the best reason not to buy new games. Counter-Strike is the only game you really need. Turn it on, and it will carry you until whatever game you were thinking about isn't on sale anymore.
    Do you have another game you also want? Are you actually bored and don't have any games to play?

I realized one great thing about Steam. While it entices you to buy all these new games, it also gives you the best reason not to buy new games. Counter-Strike is the only game you really need. Turn it on, and it will carry you until whatever game you were thinking about isn't on sale anymore.
    That's true. I have this massive library of games to get through. I'll tackle those first. I've also been getting into MOO2, which is the best time-suck ever.
  • edited May 2011
    Counter-Strike isn't really the game of choice if I want to Play something. If I go to play CS:S with my rusty skills I'll spend 80% of my time dead waiting for the next round.
    That's true. I have this massive library of games to get through. I'll tackle those first. I've also been getting into MOO2, which is the best time-suck ever.
    For that I learned from friends of mine and used the Steams categorization option to mark what games I'm currently playing and what are on the todo-list. And there shall be no touching to todo-lists games until the games I'm currently playing are done.
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • Counter-Strike isn't really the game of choice if I want to Play something. If I go to play CS:S with my rusty skills I'll spend 80% of my time dead waiting for the next round.
    That's why I play TF2. (Well, that and I never really played competative FPS games before, so a Babby's First FPS game fits me well.)
  • Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is a fun tactical shooter, though the storyline is dumb as all get out. It's definitely worth $4. The first Vegas is pretty terrible by comparison. The storyline is even more wacko and there's an extended sequence where you are on your own against a small army of people armed with shotguns, and all you have is your pistol and a shotgun of your own once you pick it off a fallen enemy. Maybe it seemed really awesome when it first came out but having played 2 first, I really wish I hadn't bothered with the original.
  • Buy HAWX 1 for £5 because jetplanes?
    If you want a game like this pick up an Ace Combat game, they are so much better.