This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri is on GOG.com for 6 of the Earth dollars.
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 and 2 are on sale on Steam for Midweek Madness. It is a trap of the highest order, it is a tarp, in fact. These games are, as single player experiences, at least, terrible.The closest thing I can describe them to is video game Michael Bay.
    I got the first Modern Warfare on the Call of Duty pack on last summers sale. I wouldn't go as far as to say that the single player experience is terrible, it's was nothing too special, but enjoyable enough for a playthough.
  • If anyone is interested, Best Buy is offering people a $100 gift card if you buy a 160gb Playstation 3:

http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/lib/fef41d77766c04/m/21/BBY_PS3Cpn_20110614.pdf
  • edited June 2011
    If you want Fallout: New Vegas, but don't want to pay 50 bucks for it, then go here, and use this coupon code, and you'll only pay like ten bucks.

And according to the people who told me about this deal, you can activate it on Steam.

EDIT: Yeah, it works. When you check out, you'll get a CD key. Copy that, then click "Add game -> Activate a Product on Steam" and paste it where it says to.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • confirmed.
  • If it's $10 now it will be $5 during Steam holiday sale, and I don't need more games right now.
  • I'd totally buy this, if it came with all the DLC... So I'll be waiting for the "Game of the Year" edition or whatever, because I actually want to play a complete game.
  • I'd totally buy this, if it came with all the DLC... So I'll be waiting for the "Game of the Year" edition or whatever, because I actually want to play a complete game.
    Oh, I thought it did because it is called Digital Collector's Edition. If it doesn't, then fuck it.
  • Oh, I thought it did because it is called Digital Collector's Edition. If it doesn't, then fuck it.
    Yeah. I'm basically only buying bargain-bin "full" editions of games now.
  • There's some game called Trino on sale today. It looks like a cool little indie game where you make triangles or whatever. It's only $2.50. I might go for it.
  • Indy variety pack at Steam 5 indie games for $10, offer lasts the whole weekend.
  • Indy variety pack at Steam 5 indie games for $10, offer lasts the whole weekend.
    These indie packs are annoying because they always contain some games I already own and some I don't. I'm probably only going to pay if I don't already own any of the games.
  • These indie packs are annoying because they always contain some games I already own and some I don't. I'm probably only going to pay if I don't already own any of the games.
    Just gift it to me! <3
  • These indie packs are annoying because they always contain some games I already own and some I don't. I'm probably only going to pay if I don't already own any of the games.
    Just gift it to me! <3</p>
    For the packs, you generally can't gift the games you get extra copies of. I assume Gabe takes that money, throws it into a special section of his giant Scrooge McDuck like vault, and swims in it during new moons.
  • For the packs, you generally can't gift the games you get extra copies of. I assume Gabe takes that money, throws it into a special section of his giant Scrooge McDuck like vault, and swims in it during new moons.
    (╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻ HAX!

Well it was worth a try.
  • I'm guessing this is to stop one person buying the pack, then buying it again and un-bundling all the titles at a greatly discounted price to others.
  • I'm guessing this is to stop one person buying the pack, then buying it again and un-bundling all the titles at a greatly discounted price to others.
    It could also be some distribution deals.
  • While I usually have the same problem every game in that indie pack I don't own.. Hmmmm...
  • Newellface
    Where do you get all these?
  • Newellface
    Where do you get all these?
    Probably SomethingAwful.
  • It was at the bottom of that Origin article posted in the WTF thread.
  • Skillz
  • I fuckin' knew it.
  • Why the FUCK can't I get one $10 copy of Frozen Synapse!? THAT'S ALL I WANT, STEAM. ONE COPY.
  • There's some game called Trino on sale today. It looks like a cool little indie game where you make triangles or whatever. It's only $2.50. I might go for it.
    It's okay. Not awful. Sort of relaxing.
  • Won't their server realize that the same key is playing at the same time?
  • F.E.A.R. Collection includes 1, 2, and expansions total of $10. I've been hankering for some single player fps.