This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I've played five hours of it and honestly, aside from the bugs, it's the same game as Dragon Age. The combat in both is comprised of basically the same boring, annoying system. The whole reason I stopped playing Dragon Age was because I hated all the combat, and I'm sure I would have reached that point with KOTOR had my save file not gotten deleted.
    Wow, What? Ummm.. No KOTOR has way more boring combat.
    I've realized the only way for me to even tolerate playing a Bioware game is to turn the difficulty to casual and never have to touch my stat trees. It's the only reason I'm finally getting through the Mass Effect games, because I don't like the combat in those either, though it's a lot more fun than the KOTOR/DA system.
    Really? What's so boring about Mass Effect combat?
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited June 2011
    KOTOR is certainly more boring, but it's the same basic system of pause, select attack and target, then let it ride until something dies. Mass Effect is the same thing but with shooting, which artificially makes it seem more exciting. ME2 is nice because where you shoot on an enemy actually seems to matter, but I still dislike pausing and the stat trees.

These systems aren't objectively bad or broken, but in general, I just really do not enjoy them.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I take it you didn't enjoy the Baldur's Gate games and stuff like that?
  • DiRT 1 is on sale today for $2.50. It doesn't support Windows 7, so avoid that shit like the plague.
  • World of Goo for $4.99 on Steam. My friend told me to do it, and I just might...
  • You could also probably get it in one of the Humble Indie Bundles if they let you retroactively buy the old ones again
  • DiRT 1 is on sale today for $2.50. It doesn't support Windows 7, so avoid that shit like the plague.
    It plays just fine on Windows 7 and it's a fine game. But Dirt 2 is infinitely better and Dirt3 looks to be teh awesome.
  • Dirt3 looks to be teh awesome.
    If they made a game that was only DiRT3's gymkhana mode, I'd probably still buy it.
  • Dirt3
    I already have (and have yet to finish) DiRT 2, so I can't justify buying DiRT 3 until a Steam sale brings it into my price range.
  • I'm not buying another racing game until I have a wheel and pedals.
  • I'm not buying another racing game until I have a wheel and pedals.
    Has anyone found a decent wheel and pedals that aren't $100+? I'd love to have a set for Race 07 and F1 2010(and the 2011 version upcoming) but I really can't justify spending that much on them at the moment.
  • Anybody know if Wings of Prey or Power of Defense are worth it? I'm not really into flight simulators so that just leaves Power of Defense.
  • I too am interested in Wings of Prey. Checks out alright on Metacritic but that's only good as a general litmus.
  • So I'm trying to track down a copy of Earthbound. Turns out basically any copy is $100+. Thanks, entirely trivial "video game collecting" market.
  • So I'm trying to track down a copy of Earthbound. Turns out basically any copy is $100+. Thanks, entirely trivial "video game collecting" market.
    Dude, just pirate it. I know collectors tell people to "find the cart after the hunt" but since Nintendo abandoned the franchise with no chance of a reboot, just download the rom and enjoy the best SNES RPG (imo).
    Dude, just pirate it. I know collectors tell people to "find the cart after the hunt" but since Nintendo abandoned the franchise with no chance of a reboot, just download the rom and enjoy the best SNES RPG (imo).
    Oh, I know. My FC Twin is right next to a modded Wii packed with ROMs for all the games I can't just drop money on right now, or games I just can't find. It's just irritating to have one game that is seemingly impossible to obtain at anywhere near a reasonable price.
  • I really wish GBA games worked on DS piracy cards cause that's pretty much the only way I'm going to play Mother 3. I don't really have the patience to play RPGs on my computer anymore, but I'd play the hell out of it between classes.
  • I really wish GBA games worked on DS piracy cards cause that's pretty much the only way I'm going to play Mother 3. I don't really have the patience to play RPGs on my computer anymore, but I'd play the hell out of it between classes.
    GBA games do work on DS piracy cards.
  • Oh? I thought you needed a GBA flashcart for them. I'll have to look into this further.
  • Oh? I thought you needed a GBA flashcart for them. I'll have to look into this further.
    Get an EZ V-in-I. They're only $5.
  • Get an EZ V-in-I. They're only $5.
    That's the kind of flash cart I can get behind.
  • Yeah, you do need a little card that inserts into the GBA slot. That's why you get a DS Lite, not a useless DSi. However, you still put the .gba files on the SD card in the DS piracy card. You just have to have the card in a GBA slot to activate the functionality.
  • I just use my PSP for GBA roms since they run pretty much flawlessly and I get to play them on the big screen.
  • Jamestown is now on sale on steam, get it while it is hot (it's really good).
    Ok, wow. Is the co-op in that game network-able or just local?
    Ok, wow. Is the co-op in that game network-able or just local?
    Sadly local co-op only for right now. It is their first game (and I was a play tester too :D) they told me if the game gets popular they will be looking into adding network support down the line, but even with local co-op the game is amazing. You can beat the game solo, I did in an early build.
  • Hamachi!
    We have a winner!
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 and 2 are on sale on Steam for Midweek Madness. It is a trap of the highest order, it is a tarp, in fact. These games are, as single player experiences, at least, terrible.The closest thing I can describe them to is video game Michael Bay.
  • Sadly local co-op only for right now. It is their first game (and I was a play tester too :D) they told me if the game gets popular they will be looking into adding network support down the line, but even with local co-op the game is amazing. You can beat the game solo, I did in an early build.
    I'm only buying games with working network multiplayer that must be played right now. If a game is local only, I can wait and get it in some huge bundle for a dollar a long time from now.