This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Any recommendations from the sale, I already picked up Bit Trip Runner.
  • God damn Valve, selling games for cheap!
    heh - No, Not in that way, I literally can't connect to the store at all, it just keeps timing out.
  • I just realized that I have a hard time of making ten game wishlist. I'm sure there is plenty of games in Steam I'd like, but I just can't name them right now.
  • This is why I'm glad I'm not much of a PC gamer. Steam sales do not affect me.
  • Gee, must sure be swell to buy games full price all year round.
  • I bought my girlfriend and I each a copy of BIT.TRIP RUNNER. I am holding onto my monies now... until tomorrow.
  • Those who have BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, how is it?
  • edited June 2011
    its a game of pure memorization and execution with an extremely harsh failure state.

Imagine if you were playing guitar hero and on the first missed note you had to restart the song.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Imagine if you were playing guitar hero and on the first missed note you had to restart the song.
    If Guitar Hero had catchy interactive (beyond press button at right time to continue song) techno songs.
  • Would you guys recommend Oblivion GOTY?
  • Would you guys recommend Oblivion GOTY?
    at 7 bucks, yes. Also, everyone. Buy aaaaaaa a reckless disregard for gravity if you don't have it yet.
  • edited June 2011
    Any recommendations from the sale, I already picked up Bit Trip Runner.
    Bit Trip Beat and Recectear is worth it at 5 bucks.
    Those who have BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, how is it?
    Its a rhythmic game that tricks you that it is a platformer, if you want to experience flow in games that would do it in the shortest amount of time.

Anyone know if BttF is worth it?
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • edited June 2011
    Anyone know if BttF is worth it?
    It's a clicking things adventure game.

EDIT: in other news, I'm a sucker for letting my gaming decisions be made by things that remind me of Arcades from when I was a kid.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • I bought my girlfriend and I each a copy of BIT.TRIP RUNNER. I am holding onto my monies now... until tomorrow.
    Have you gotten her Secret of the Magic Crystal? Bitches love Secret of the Magic Crystal.
    Have you gotten her Secret of the Magic Crystal? Bitches love Secret of the Magic Crystal.
    Thank you for that. Now I have the perfect point of comparison to show exactly what MLP:FiM is NOT.
  • I think you mean you have a point of comparison to show exactly what MLP:FiM SHOULD HAVE BEEN. And of course I got her that, Rob.
  • Bit Trip Runner is a strange game, it's fun and I feel like it's teaching me its mechanic well, but oh my Lord does it get frustrating sometimes. For $2.50 I'd have a hard time saying don't get it though.
  • Shit on a biscuit.
    I just realized this sale is going through Connecticon.
  • CreaVures is on sale on Steam for $3.40! 66% off!
  • And Guns of Ikarus is on sale for just over a buck.
  • Thank you for that. Now I have the perfect point of comparison to show exactly what MLP:FiM is NOT.
    But you can get demon steeds and fire horses in Secret of the Magic Crystals.
  • edited June 2011
    Bearing in mind that I already have Oblivion for Xbawks, do I want Oblivion+Borderlands or DoW2?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited June 2011
    Borderlands AND DoW2
    I am biased as I worked on at least one of those.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Bit the bullet and got Oblivion 4 with all expansions for $8.50, could not resist the price to check it out.
  • Bit the bullet and got Oblivion 4 with all expansions for $8.50, could not resist the price to check it out.
    What rly? I might have to do that just for research purposes.
  • edited June 2011
    Really, seriously don't buy Lead and Gold. The game is shit.
    Bit the bullet and got Oblivion 4 with all expansions for $8.50, could not resist the price to check it out.
    What rly? I might have to do that just for research purposes.
    It's prettier Morrowind. If you hate that kind of game, I got some news for you about Oblivion.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • It's prettier Morrowind. If you hate that kind of game, I got some news for you about Oblivion.
    Well, I never played the newer games in this genre. I only played, and disliked, the old ones such as Baldur's Gate. Planescape: Torment is playable, though. I got that one from gog.com.
  • Well, I never played the newer games in this genre. I only played, and disliked, the old ones such as Baldur's Gate. Planescape: Torment is playable, though. I got that one from gog.com.
    Baldur's Gate and Oblivion are pretty different. Oblivion is just one dude, where Baldur's gate you have a party and pausing to give orders...