This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Baldur's Gate and Oblivion are pretty different. Oblivion is just one dude, where Baldur's gate you have a party and pausing to give orders...
    I think if it comes around again a second time at the end of the sale I might go for it. Right now I've just got too many games. Everyone awesome is playing Galaga Legions DX.
  • It's prettier Morrowind. If you hate that kind of game, I got some news for you about Oblivion.
    Well, I never played the newer games in this genre. I only played, and disliked, the old ones such as Baldur's Gate. Planescape: Torment is playable, though. I got that one from gog.com.
    It's fun if you kinda get into it and fake roleplay (yes, with the computer).
  • the old ones such as Baldur's Gate. Planescape: Torment is playable
    Morrowind/Oblivion are completely different from these.
  • Living in Oblivion makes me want to play Oblivion again.
  • edited July 2011
    Picked up Creavures and Defcon. I've still not started Fallout 3 so no Oblivion and Borderlands I need someone I can play with reliably.

Should I buy Quake 2?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • If the sale returns at the end, I'll get it.
  • Should I buy Quake 2?
    ONLY if you want to research the way old FPSs played or are planning to play muliplayer mods somewhere. The single player is by no means worth a dick.
  • The single player is by no means worth a dick.
    Yeah, $6.69 is too much money just for Quake 2. Just play Quake Live! instead. If you want to get the Id Superpack, then absolutely go for it. I can't believe the Id Superpack is $30. I definitely paid at least $50 the first time they offered it.
  • Scott, if you still want Garry's Mod (It's showing that it's on your wishlist) it's $2.50 right now. It's not going to get much cheaper than that.
  • Scott, if you still want Garry's Mod (It's showing that it's on your wishlist) it's $2.50 right now. It's not going to get much cheaper than that.
    I probably wouldn't play it if I had it.
    I probably wouldn't play it if I had it.
    That's kinda why I'm on the fence about it. I'm not making any buys until I see what today's deals are. Stupidest thing you can do on a steam sale is buy shit at noon.
  • I've never participated in a Steam Summer Sale. Anyone got any pointers?

I honestly will have no desire to play games like Mass Effect or any other RPGs. I may contemplate getting Borderlands or Magicka, but we shall see. I mainly only play games that Jason tells me to get or whatever Muse comes out with. Perhaps get the original Guns of Icarus if that's on sale. Hmm..
  • edited July 2011
    I've never participated in a Steam Summer Sale. Anyone got any pointers?
    If a game isn't a daily deal, don't buy it until the very last daily deals come out. That cheap game you bought may be even cheaper sometime within the next 10 days.

Also, get 10 games on your wishlist and join that steam summer sale group for a free ticket. It's an easy way to have a miniscule chance of getting 10 free games from your wishlist. You're not likely to get it, but you don't need to pay anything for the chance to win.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • I may contemplate getting Borderlands
    If you get Borderlands, I'll co-op it with you from level 1. Co-op doesn't work if anyone levels up on their own, and I thus never got to finish it. ^_~
  • I've never participated in a Steam Summer Sale. Anyone got any pointers?
    Add anything that's on sale that seems interesting to your wishlist. Make sure your top-ten games are the games you want the most, just in case you win the contest.
    Don't buy anything that's not a daily deal unless it's $2.50 or less, as there's a big chance it could go Daily Deal for super cheap.
    Don't buy anything before the daily update (10 AM pacific).
    Think about what your "auto-buy" level is; that is, the point in your brain where you're just going to say "Fuck it, it's ." and buy it.
    Most sales have a repeat day for some of the older Daily Deals. If you missed a game you really wanted, you might be able to get it again.
    Don't buy a pack unless the cost of every game you're going to play in it as as much, or more than, the cost of the pack.
    Perhaps get the original Guns of Icarus if that's on sale. Hmm..
    It's a $1.25 right now.
  • If you get Borderlands, I'll co-op it with you from level 1. Co-op doesn't work if anyone levels up on their own, and I thus never got to finish it. ^_~
    I'll play from the beginning I love that game.
  • I never got around playing Borderlands in co-op, I managed to play it singleplayer surprisingly long until I got bored.
  • Thanks for all the pointers! I was wondering about that ticketing thingy. I'll be adding plenty of games to my wishlist.

@Rym That's cool. I'll be down for that unless you want to continue a ever long lasting bromance with ScoJo, I understand. I heard that game is only fun in co-op.
  • @Rym That's cool. I'll be down for that unless you want to continue a ever long lasting bromance with ScoJo, I understand. I heard that game is only fun in co-op.
    It's 4 player co-op.
  • edited July 2011
    Just so you know Civ V is 66% off today at GamersGate. [link] Also, as a bonus, it activates on Steam.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • Hmmm... Heroes of Might and Magic V for 5 dollars...
    Island asshole 2 for 5 bucks... hmmmmmmm...
  • Also todays Camp activity is CS:S related. Time to practice headshots.
  • edited July 2011
    Hmmm... Heroes of Might and Magic V for 5 dollars...
    Island asshole 2 for 5 bucks... hmmmmmmm...
    Also todays Camp activity is CS:S related. Time to practice headshots.
    I'm still getting yesterday's deals...

EDIT: I'm looking at the activities and not seeing any Couterstrike ones. I'm seeing a TF2 one that I'll be happy to help people earn.... :3
    Post edited by Neito on
  • The timer ran out, and there's no new deals yet...
    Reload the page. Other than SpaceChem, it's pretty much all games I either don't care about or already own
  • EDIT: I'm looking at the activities and not seeing any Couterstrike ones. I'm seeing a TF2 one that I'll be happy to help people earn.... :3
    What is this? When I looked there was only get seven headshot kills in a row in CS:S. Oh well so It's some TF2 tonight then.
    Reload the page. Other than SpaceChem, it's pretty much all games I either don't care about or already own
    Yeah, get SpaceChem if you don't already have it. Otherwise today has lame deals.
  • SpaceChem
    Sweet. Glad I didn't buy it yesterday. I guess I'll pick up Just Cause 2 since its $5 and, you know, JUST 'CAUSE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOL
  • Sweet. Glad I didn't buy it yesterday. I guess I'll pick up Just Cause 2 since its $5 and, you know, JUST 'CAUSE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOL
    >Dave Riley asks you to stop copying him.
  • NEVER!

SALTY GRITZ! DESERT PUNK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!