This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Awesome! I wholeheartedly approve of your money making endeavor.
    What I'm surprised nobody has commented on -
    According to at least one expert review, These badges are better than spending the evening cuddling in an entirely platonic but quite pleasant fashion with your gorgeous gay friend.
    Which actually got me a sale, I might add, to the lesbian friend of said expert reviewer.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I was on the cusp of buying one for three incredibly distinct and plausible reasons:
    • These are an incredible quality.
    • Dr. Who in general is awesome.
    • I wholeheartedly approve of people making things and me supporting them with money.
    However, I have grossly overspent this month already.
  • edited October 2011
    These are an incredible quality.
    I personally Guarantee the quality. If it's not the highest quality I can make, not only will I replace it, you can call me up and tell me about it.
    However, I have grossly overspent this month already.
    I'll be keeping them available for as long as I can, so if you still want one later, They'll be there.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Now THAT'S personalized customer service. You're a credit to your country's prison labor heritage.
  • Now THAT'S personalized customer service. You're a credit to your country's prison labor heritage.
    Well, It's not like I can delegate when I am my only employee.
  • Well you could, but it would be incredibly inefficient. Like an American company.
  • Did anyone play Red Faction: Armageddon? It's odd that it went mostly unnoticed after Guerilla was so fun.
  • Did anyone play Red Faction: Armageddon? It's odd that it went mostly unnoticed after Guerilla was so fun.
    Not yet. I'm not spending the that much coin on a game I don't really know that I'll like.
    It went unnoticed because it sucked. Yahtzee reviewed it.
  • It's honestly kinda hard to get into any new Steam sales when you know that the Winter Sale is just around the corner.
  • Memoir '44 is now on Steam and is free to play. I no longer have ANY excuse not to try this game.
  • Memoir '44 is now on Steam and is free to play. I no longer have ANY excuse not to try this game.
    For serious? Let's get it on!
  • I've played the Memoir '44 online game before. It's actually a really good approximation of the board game. A++ would play again
  • edited October 2011
    The Baconing opinions anyone?
    Memoir '44 is now on Steam and is free to play. I no longer have ANY excuse not to try this game.
    Count me in.
    Post edited by sucrilhos on
  • Honestly, I'd prefer a Memoir '44 game for my iPad. If that ever happens, I hope that it can interface with the Steam version in some way.
  • Honestly, I'd prefer a Memoir '44 game for my iPad. If that ever happens, I hope that it can interface with the Steam version in some way.
    I actually spoke with the head of Days of Wonder about this at PAX and his answer was that the team had tried, but the AI in their current game was complex enough that when run with the iPad's resources, it ground the game down to a crawling pace. he said the amount of variables the AI has to take into account in Memoir makes several orders of complexity more difficult than Ticket to Ride. Might happen with future hardware.
  • Dawn of War II: Retribution is free to play on Steam this weekend. I don't have any time to play it, but you might. I've heard it's good.
  • I'm going to try downloading the free version as well, but there are so many Dawn Of War packages floating around Steam that I have absolutely no idea what I should buy if I enjoy it.
  • edited October 2011
    I'm going to try downloading the free version as well, but there are so many Dawn Of War packages floating around Steam that I have absolutely no idea what I should buy if I enjoy it.
    If you want to play it PVP or if you want to play the full Last Stand mode you want Retribution.

If you're strictly a Single Player guy, then you want DoW2 and Chaos Rising (you'll be stuck with GFWL for PVP and most of the community has moved onto Retribution). The singleplayer in Retribution is good and you get more variety with the different armies but the missions and the story suffer a bit from the one size fits all problem. Even though you only get to use Space Marines in the first two titles I still think the campaign in Chaos Rising the best of the series.

Note that in all of the titles the Skirmish AI is dirt stupid and totally shit.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • edited October 2011
    Note that in all of the titles the Skirmish AI is dirt stupid and totally shit.
    Of course it is. They're fuckin' Orcs. They are by definition stupid as shit, and everything they do works by literal magic and fairy dust. Their Red Cars go faster simply because they really, really believe they go faster.

I'm not even kidding, that's an actual rule.
    Post edited by Churba on
    I actually spoke with the head of Days of Wonder about this at PAX and his answer was that the team had tried, but the AI in their current game was complex enough that when run with the iPad's resources, it ground the game down to a crawling pace. he said the amount of variables the AI has to take into account in Memoir makes several orders of complexity more difficult than Ticket to Ride. Might happen with future hardware.
    That is a bit of a cop out though. It's a boardgame and supposed to be played against other people, that's what game center is for. Including a single player mode is just a knee jerk reaction to "it's a computer game now". And even if the marketing guys will not let a pure mutliplayer product out of the door one can get around that by inventing some new solitaire style gameplay like they did with Carcassonne.
  • Steam is selling the GTA collection for about $12. I think it ends tonight.
  • Steam is selling the GTA collection for about $12. I think it ends tonight.
    I already have Vice City, nothing to see there.
  • Steam Halloween Sale.

STEAM HALLOWEEN SALE.

My wallet weeps penny-shaped tears.
  • Steam Halloween Sale.

STEAM HALLOWEEN SALE.

My wallet weeps penny-shaped tears.
    Hooray! No games I care for.
  • Hooray! No games I care for.
    How could you not care for this absolute pinnacle of Gaming? Have you no soul?
    If they sold every single Railworks expansion thingy in one gigantic bundle for $5, I would be interested enough just to see how the thing works.
  • If they sold every single Railworks expansion thingy in one gigantic bundle for $5, I would be interested enough just to see how the thing works.
    To be fair, I'd probably buy that too, just to fuck about in trains. But thirty bucks? Not a hope in hell, son.
  • IndieRoyale Bundle

its has a Pay the minimum or more pricing scheme (with the price being affected by how much people choose to pay). It started out a $2 and it is currently at $6.

Comes with Sanctum, Gemini Rue, A.R.E.S. and Nimbus.

Gives you Desura and Steam keys as well as direct download (so you can give the keys to other people if you already own them / don't care about connecting them to Desura and Steam).
  • IndieRoyale Bundle

its has a Pay the minimum or more pricing scheme (with the price being affected by how much people choose to pay). It started out a $2 and it is currently at $6.

Comes with Sanctum, Gemini Rue, A.R.E.S. and Nimbus.

Gives you Desura and Steam keys as well as direct download (so you can give the keys to other people if you already own them / don't care about connecting them to Desura and Steam).
    Stupid indie bundles. I already own half that bundle! Bundle the games I don't own, fools!