This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• I own... none of those. Are any of them any good?
  • I own... none of those. Are any of them any good?
    I think Sanctum would be more fun if I could actually get some co-op action going on. It was as fun as any other tower defense for awhile, but it got repetitive once I started to figure out the optimal way of doing things. A.R.E.S. is a lot like a modern version of Mega Turrican. I really liked it, but it was way too short.
  • It looks like this site is going to be constantly doing bundles. They have three bundles lined up for the next two months.
  • It looks like this site is going to be constantly doing bundles. They have three bundles lined up for the next two months.
    After the Humble Bundle made a bajillion dollars, everyone is trying to get into the bundle game.
  • edited October 2011
    I own... none of those. Are any of them any good?
    Sanctum is probably worth the $5 on its own (plus they are adding the DLC for free when they reach sales goals).

Gemini Rue is pretty cool so far as well; its like someone made a game from 1989 in 2011 (though the sound-scape of the game is top notch if you can forgive the bad-ish voice acting).

Haven't tried the other 2 yet.

Also, fair warning, I claimed that they all give you Steam, Desura and direct download, but Sanctum is only on Steam.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Steam is doing a Halloween sale right now to. It has a lot of the games I want at a 75% discounted rate, but I kinda don't want to spend money right now, me being a poor college kid and all. To put this as a metaphor, its like Steam waving a Golden Delicious apple in my face, but it wants 10 out of my 100 Red Delicious apples for it.
  • Wow. Somehow, they have managed to take a game about simulating trains, and make it even less appealing to me.
  • Trains vs Zombies
    Traaaaaainnsss...
  • Pretty sure much of the reason Humble Indie Bundle did well was cause of it's multiplatformness. Also no DRM. This thing has neither.
  • edited October 2011
    Pretty sure much of the reason Humble Indie Bundle did well was cause of it's multiplatformness. Also no DRM. This thing has neither.
    Truths. Bundle even has Linux.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Humble Voxatron bundle. I say get it now even if its only a couple bucks because they'll probably end up adding extra shit later.
  • I threw 'em a few bucks too. Even if the game is whatever, the art style looks cool.
  • edited October 2011
    IndieRoyale Bundle

its has a Pay the minimum or more pricing scheme (with the price being affected by how much people choose to pay). It started out a $2 and it is currently at $6.

Comes with Sanctum, Gemini Rue, A.R.E.S. and Nimbus.

Gives you Desura and Steam keys as well as direct download (so you can give the keys to other people if you already own them / don't care about connecting them to Desura and Steam).
    Stupid indie bundles. I already own half that bundle! Bundle the games I don't own, fools!
    http://www.humblebundle.com/ There ya go, only one game, no repeats :D

Crap, took too long to reply...
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Looks like a good game, but I'll wait until they inevitably increase the size of the bundle.
  • Looks like a good game, but I'll wait until they inevitably increase the size of the bundle.
    AFAIK, every time they increase the size of bundles, they give them to the people who already bought them.
  • Yeah, usually. And I just played it for a few minutes. Its pretty fun and I really like the style.
    It looks shiny and pretty. I want to buy it now, but your comment has me thinking I should wait for more games to be put in the bundle.
  • I should wait for more games to be put in the bundle.
    Every time they increase the size of bundles, they give them to the people who already bought them.
  • edited October 2011
    Looks like a good game, but I'll wait until they inevitably increase the size of the bundle.
    There has literally not been one time when that was a strategy that paid off in anything but leaving you with some time you're not playing the game. In fact, it often costs you, as people who buy the bundles early ALWAYS get the bonuses, but people who buy later sometimes have to beat the average.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • See, I know not of these things. I guess I shall purchase now. I like extra shinies.
  • I've played about 20 minutes of it so far and it is pretty fun. The style and the environment destruction are awesome. I could see myself playing a quick room or two between classes for a few until I get bored.
  • Trains versus Zombies.
  • Any zombie based games out there where you play as a zombie, quest to eat brains and such?
  • Any zombie based games out there where you play as a zombie, quest to eat brains and such?
    This one maybe? Don't know if it's actually a good game.
    https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Stubbs_the_Zombie_in_Rebel_Without_a_Pulse
    This one maybe? Don't know if it's actually a good game.
    https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Stubbs_the_Zombie_in_Rebel_Without_a_Pulse

Fits the bill.
  • See, I know not of these things. I guess I shall purchase now. I like extra shinies.
    And just like that, my point is proven. You get Blocks that Matter and Binding of Issac free if you've already purchased the bundle, or if you haven't, you have to beat the average.
  • edited November 2011
    Binding of Issac is worth the price alone.
    Post edited by Sail on