This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Yeah, pretty much. It's a great game.
  • There are people who don't have Binding of Isaac yet? Seriously. Buy it. He apparently pushed a big update last night, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.
  • There are people who don't have Binding of Isaac yet? Seriously. Buy it. He apparently pushed a big update last night, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.
    That would be me. I honestly have so many other games and my time is used for other things.

I guess I'm making out like a bandit with my purchase yesterday.
  • Pretty much the best advice for any time a Humble Indie Bundle is announced is to jump on it as soon as possible, no matter what games are in it. The probability now-a-days that something super cool is going to be added later is very high, and buying in early gets you the best toys for your buck (if you look at it as a money-per-game situation).
    That would be me. I honestly have so many other games and my time is used for other things.

I guess I'm making out like a bandit with my purchase yesterday.
    Binding of Isaac is my "I should be playing one of the dozens of other games I have but I can't stop playing this one" game.
  • Well I probably won't touch it for a while since I still have Professor Layton going on, and next week Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 comes out.

I'll just say that I have 100% completion and all achievements on Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4. >_>

• Already have Binding of Isaac. It's a great game despite the frustration the randomness can cause sometimes. Well worth the price. Voxatron looks interesting too.
  • edited November 2011
    Already have Binding of Isaac. It's a great game despite the frustration the randomness can cause sometimes.
    It's actually pretty mild, as Roguelike games go. The amount of swearing the NetHack RNG is responsible for is impressive.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • I just finished Voxatron. It was really short, but the arcade mode is still fun. It probably would have gotten stale had it gone on too much longer without any new gameplay gimmicks.
  • As the wife is quickly approaching the end of Professor Layton 4, she has expressed that she is itching to move on to the 3DS. Time to start following the offers more closely.

Maybe we'll see something good on Black Friday? The best I think that can be expected is to see it sold at retail price with a free game and some crappy accessories/case, especially given that it's already had a price cut. But if sales are weak, you never know what might be done to move stock.
  • As the wife is quickly approaching the end of Professor Layton 4, she has expressed that she is itching to move on to the 3DS. Time to start following the offers more closely.
    Does she know there are no good games on the 3DS?
  • Does she know there are no good games on the 3DS?
    Super Mario 3D Land comes out 11/13/11. I have mine pre-ordered to get the cute Tanooki keychain.
  • The new mario game looks good....(haven't read anything about it)
  • Her tastes in games are not necessarily yours. I am not itching to buy one now but I will surely play around with her. She literally would buy the 3DS solely to play Layton 5 (which is already out in Japan on 3DS). This sounds like madness and poorly spent money, but that's her.

Super Mario 3D Land also does look pretty cool.
  • I'm totally for a 3DS. Super Mario 3D Land is something I've wanted for a long time: Just Mario Galaxy, but not in space. Plus I'm all for the new Mario Kart and some of the n64 remakes.
  • Read somewhere that the guy directing Super Mario 3D Land had a big influence Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, and that this will be his first mobile game for Nintendo. Went on to say it led to him challenging a lot of the conceptions Nintendo holds about mobile as he felt his way through the process. Yes, that's extremely light on actual detail, but it opens the door enough for me to insert my own hopes and dreams that the game will be awesome.
  • So I couldn't buy the 4-pack of Terraria yesterday.. and am now dueling with Steam Support to figure out why.
  • Bastion is 50% off for the next day or so on Steam if anyone is interested.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/107100
  • Bastion is 50% off for the next day or so on Steam if anyone is interested.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/107100
    Great game, totally worth it.
  • The kid pondered buying the game. Clicking the button, he moved forward in the purchasing process...
  • The kid pondered buying the game. Clicking the button, he moved forward in the purchasing process...
    Steam Meridian: A Novel by Cormac McCarthy.

• I was 50-50 on buying it, until I looked at the trailer and heard the music - Soundtrack+game get!
  • Seriously considering preordering Arkham City, especially since it's 20% off ($10) if you already own Asylum or LEGO Batman.
  • Seriously considering preordering Arkham City, especially since it's 20% off ($10) if you already own Asylum or LEGO Batman.
    Yep - I picked it up for about 30 bucks, which is fucking fantastic for a pre-order of a AAA title.

• $30? Where'd you find that? Or is that an Australian thing?
  • So, DC Universe Online is now Free-to-Play.
  • $30? Where'd you find that? Or is that an Australian thing?
    Well, $37.80 to be precise - First, I got the 20% off on top of the special they had that week on Arkham city, bringing it down to 39.99, and then consider that steam charges me in US dollars, which after currency conversion comes out to $37.80 AUD.

And considering that the purchase price would be $99.99 normally, or $79.99 with the Arkham Asylum 20% off, that's not too bad.
    That lasted long.. I might check that out.
    Remember, if something is being given away for free, YOU are the real product being sold.

From my DCU experience, I suspect SOE has found some way of converting player misery and boredom into clean power they can sell back to the grid.

Remember, if something is being given away for free, YOU are the real product being sold.

From my DCU experience, I suspect SOE has found some way of converting player misery and boredom into clean power they can sell back to the grid.

I thought that was their plan with Everquest.