This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• I've got one hanging around too, if anybody wants it.
  • I have one as well.
  • Today that 50% coupon expires at 10AM PST. Use it or lose it. I used it on the CS:Source & Garry's Mod pack that was $24.99. Might as well. I wouldn't mind checking out Elevator Source sometime.
  • edited March 2012
    Payday the Heist is having a free weekend Right now, so Try it out, it's fucking great. It's basically 3/4 of the heist movies you've seen, as a video game.

And plus, on sale for ten bucks, you can't go wrong. A steal at twice the price.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Payday the Heist is having a free weekend Right now, so Try it out, it's fucking great. It's basically 3/4 of the heist movies you've seen, as a video game.

And plus, on sale for ten bucks, you can't go wrong. A steal at twice the price.
    I'm visiting my parents this weekend, so unlimited internetz. I just might try it out.

• Payday the Heist is having a free weekend Right now, so Try it out, it's fucking great. It's basically 3/4 of the heist movies you've seen, as a video game.

I'm visiting my parents this weekend, so unlimited internetz. I just might try it out.

It's not a hard game to get the gist of...ROB BANKS WITH YOUR PARENTS!
  • edited March 2012
    EDIT: Then I learned how to use the internet, whoop.
    Post edited by P_TOG on
  • Not really an offer, but Journey comes out next week on the PSN. I plan on buying a prepaid card.

I wonder who I will be playing with.
  • Everything on Origin is 50% off. I'm gonna buy Karkand as soon as I get home from work tonight.
  • Not everything is 50% off, Mass effect 3 isn't... lol.
  • Fuck Origin.

That is all.
  • Fuck Origin.

That is all.
  • You will surely get the karkland.
  • So I have a question. If I bought a game on Origin and they give me a product key, and the same game exists on Steam, can I use the product key to activate the game on Steam? Axel (in the "Games You are Currently Playing" thread) said he was able to play Dragon Age II through Steam from buying the game. I wasn't sure if this is what was meant.
  • edited March 2012
    x
    Post edited by Sail on
  • So I have a question. If I bought a game on Origin and they give me a product key, and the same game exists on Steam, can I use the product key to activate the game on Steam? Axel (in the "Games You are Currently Playing" thread) said he was able to play Dragon Age II through Steam from buying the game. I wasn't sure if this is what was meant.
    You can add a "non-Steam game" shortcut to your Steam list, and then you get the Steam overlay and stuff.

Also, EA's been doing a thing where if you own a legit copy through Steam and you log into your EA account inside that game, the game becomes linked with your EA account and shows up on your Origin page.
  • So product keys from Origin would be exclusive to the Origin platform then? I ask this because if I hypothetically bought Dead Space 2 and got a key then I could register the key on Steam as well. I don't really worry about Origin going down but it would be nice to know that there are two online resources where I can get my digital content from when only purchasing one copy.
  • So product keys from Origin would be exclusive to the Origin platform then?
    Yes. EA wants to lock you into their bullshit.
    Theoretically you should be able to. Although a lot of EA games that used to be on Steam aren't any longer. I have done this with games I've bought on Amazon, but then downloaded on Steam.

If you click on the Games menu item in Steam, there is an option to "Activate a Product on Steam." That's where you put in the product key. Just make sure that Steam sells the game, and that Steam doesn't have a special version of the game.
  • Speaking of Amazon, if you buy a game on there, do you need any additional stuff for their downloads, or is it like GOG, once you download the game it's yours?
  • I bought dungeon defenders on sale on amazon, and I just took their key and added it to steam, so I would think other games would work similarly.
  • Maybe I'll give it a shot, I was considering buying ME 1 & 2 and give them a second shot since they would be 20 for both, but I don't really want Origin so I was wondering if I could just get the sale price and activate them on Steam.
  • Maybe I'll give it a shot, I was considering buying ME 1 & 2 and give them a second shot since they would be 20 for both, but I don't really want Origin so I was wondering if I could just get the sale price and activate them on Steam.
    I don't think either ME 1 or 2 is on Steam anymore, you might want to check before you buy them.

• They are, I might just go cautiously and only purchase one and try it to test the waters.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17460/
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/24980/
  • ME1 and ME2 are on Steam, but seriously don't count on your Origin key working in Steam. EA wants you to use Origin. They don't want you to be able to use their stuff on Steam.
  • DAMN YOU EA!
  • Real easy solution to this problem. Don't play EA games. I don't, nor do I have any desire to.
  • edited March 2012
    Boycotting is not a solution I utilize often, or ever.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Scott's easy solutions should be a thread.
  • Boycotting is not a solution I utilize often, or ever.
    I'm not boycotting. I honestly don't want any of the shit they're selling.