This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• The 2nd seems more likely than the 1st, as the 1st is a Sunday.
  • The 2nd seems more likely than the 1st, as the 1st is a Sunday.
    Oh yeah, fair point.

• edited June 2012
    The Dawn of War Anthology for $3.74 is pretty good; I just bought it because I thought I didn't have a legitimate copy of one of the games and I didn't have any of them on Steam. I played multiplayer quite a bit for that game, and despite its flaws (terrible balance being one of the biggest of those) I enjoyed it a lot. Granted, the multiplayer community is probably dead these days.

Dawn of War II is probably lot better as a singleplayer game, but I could never get interested in the multiplayer for it.

If anyone wants to play some Dawn of War (not II) multiplayer, I am up for it. If I still remember how to play, I'll probably kick your ass.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Was thinking, what if Steam Summer Sale is delayed because they are going to surprise release a game with the number 3 in it?
  • There was a posted email from gaben on that topic on reddit a few days ago. Maybe a hoax or a joke by Gabe, who knows. He said the sale hadn't started because they're working on some long-awaited game. ;-)

The irony for me will be that my PC probably won't run HL3 if they did release it. :P
  • Was thinking, what if Steam Summer Sale is delayed because they are going to surprise release a game with the number 3 in it?
    I thought that too.

• It doesn't seem likely for a couple of reasons. One, if it were to be released in Australia, it would have to go through the very public classification review system, which would give away its existence months before release. OK, maybe they don't release in Australia immediately in order to maintain secrecy, that's a possibility, so it doesn't disprove its existence.

The second reason it's probably not happening is that it would most likely be released on consoles at the same time as PC. Console certification is a long process and would be almost impossible to keep under wraps. Not to mention that its publisher would like to hype it as much as possible before release.

While either of those reasons are not iron-clad guarantees it won't come out very soon, most likely scenario is that they're waiting until the next generation of consoles to release HL3.
  • They could announce it now and send it to ESRB and other ratings boards now, and the release is a holiday affair.
  • edited July 2012
    I smell some type of ARG related to the summer bundle. I'm also growing increasingly suspicious of Valve astroturfing online communities to build up a more unified anticipation for these kinds of events.

Wrote that statement in paranoia purple, sarcastic green's cousin whose messages aren't really taken seriously.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • I smell some type of ARG related to the summer bundle. I'm also growing increasingly suspicious of Valve astroturfing online communities to build up a more unified anticipation for these kinds of events.

Wrote that statement in paranoia purple, sarcastic green's cousin whose messages aren't really taken seriously.
    I don't think valve needs to astroturf, it's not their style. However, I wouldn't put it past them to have "Leaks" of information that sends the numerous fan communities into mad fits of delight - seriously, everything valve does is so closely scrutinized that it's not even funny. I've even seen someone seriously suggesting that the reason Gabe has a beard now is because it's Crunch time for HL3, and thus, he isn't bothering wasting the time to shave in between sleep, work, and work while eating so you don't collapse and stop working.
  • The DotA 2 updates that come out every week are meticulously torn apart by this one guy, showing off new particles, speech strings, animations, and all sorts of stuff that's not only done but still in progress He then makes a prediction on what will come out next week. It's very in-depth and nothing valve does goes went unnoticed up until he got popular. Pretty sure valve is actually screwing with his prediction by releasing new heroes out of the blue.
  • The DotA 2 updates that come out every week are meticulously torn apart by this one guy, showing off new particles, speech strings, animations, and all sorts of stuff that's not only done but still in progress He then makes a prediction on what will come out next week. It's very in-depth and nothing valve does goes went unnoticed up until he got popular. Pretty sure valve is actually screwing with his prediction by releasing new heroes out of the blue.
    Why do companies include these sorts of unfinished assets in their released patches? Apple even does this when people find strings relating to future devices and software. Such lazy source control.
    Why do companies include these sorts of unfinished assets in their released patches? Apple even does this when people find strings relating to future devices and software. Such lazy source control.
    2 parts accident
    3 parts "fuck it"
    1 part marketing
    2 parts accident
    3 parts "fuck it"
    1 part marketing
    Valve does it knowingly, because like I said they release new content unexpectedly with few assets while the week before some other content looked to be almost finished. It seems like they're using unfinished assets as misdirection nowadays. As for other companies, I'll go with with 3 parts accident, 1 part "fuck it", and 1 part marketing.
  • I'm going to go with 3 parts "fuck it" and 1 part marketing.
  • I wonder if they'll mix it all up now that people know.
  • If that list is true, I'm saving all my moneys.
  • Something tells me that can't be it. They're all indie games.
  • I hope its wrong, because I see a lack of Arma on that list.
  • edited July 2012
    Something tells me that can't be it. They're all indie games.
    There are only ~5 games per day on sale. I'm sure these games will be on sale these days (Steam database leaks are almost always dead-on), but I bet the non-indie games have yet to be added to the database.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
    There are only ~5 games per day on sale. I'm sure these games will be on sale these days (Steam database leaks are almost always dead-on), but I bet the non-indie games have yet to be added to the database.
    Yeah that makes more sense.
  • If you've not already got Defence Grid, it's on Steam for £1.75 today.
  • There is literally nothing on that list I want.
  • There is literally nothing on that list I want.
    But it's the Steam sale, so you'll still spend ~$30 anyway :P
  • OH FUCKING SHIT IT'S HEREE!!!
  • edited July 2012
    Hahahaha:
    "The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later."
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited July 2012
    X-Com is $2.50

Ok, seriously. Valve Complete is $50. If you don't have that already...
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • IT HAS BEGUN!