This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Unless it's a XBLA exclusive title, if it's available on Steam, I'll get it there. One example, ilomilo.

Also that website for the $25 BL 2 is back up since this morning if anyone is interested.
  • Half Minute Hero is on steam, and it's 10% off. At $8.99, it's a great deal for pretty damn good game.
    Dangit. I really gotta stop buying games on XBLA.
    Castle Crashers is even on Steam now. That surprised the hell outta me when I saw that.
  • Unless it's a XBLA exclusive title, if it's available on Steam, I'll get it there. One example, ilomilo.

Also that website for the $25 BL 2 is back up since this morning if anyone is interested.
    At the time Half Minute Hero was exclusive to XBLA. It may have been on PSN, but I don't have one of those.
  • At the time Half Minute Hero was exclusive to XBLA. It may have been on PSN, but I don't have one of those.
    Correction, the XBLA version, super mega neo climax whatever it's name was, was for the Live Arcade, the original PSP game Half Minute Hero was (and is?) exclusive to the PSP

• At the time Half Minute Hero was exclusive to XBLA. It may have been on PSN, but I don't have one of those.
    Correction, the XBLA version, super mega neo climax whatever it's name was, was for the Live Arcade, the original PSP game Half Minute Hero was (and is?) exclusive to the PSP

This man is correct. It was both a PSN title and a UMD release. It didn't have all the extra modes, though. I think it had Hero30, Hero3, Hero60, and Villian30.
  • Well if anything that I've learned, most games that are worth playing will normally eventually get on Steam and at a cheaper price, so unless it's something I have to play now, I'm going to wait and then buy during a Steam sale.

Oh right.

But wait. The XBLA game is called Half Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax.

The Steam one is Half Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy.

Does the Steam one have extra stuff?

Oh right.

But wait. The XBLA game is called Half Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax.

The Steam one is Half Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy.

The most complete Half Minute Hero yet, it contains all the content and the features (21… 20… 19…) from the previous versions on handheld and console platforms, such as “Hero 300” - the challenging 300 second final chapter, (11… 10… 9…) as well as the exciting Knight 30, Hero 30, and Evil Lord 30 bonus game modes, restored to their full glory...
    Looks like the only addition is Steam leaderboards, Cheevos, and Stats, as far as I can tell.
  • edited September 2012
    I did a fast skim through the description on steam and it seems that the game modes that were on the original, but were missing from the XBLA version are in this Steam version.

Edit: my mistake, for some reason I remembered that Princess 30, Evil Lord 30 and Knight 30 modes were left out on the XBLA version, but according to wikipedia they were there, but "significantly reworked".
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • Well, doesn't really matter. I bet hero mode, and that's that. If I felt like playing the other modes, I would have done so by now.
  • Judging by the achivements, there appears to be online multiplayer.
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, Jamestown, and Wizorb were added to the Humble Bundle 6, so if you haven't bought it already go do it now.
  • Dawnguard is $20? I remember the expansions for all the previous games being closer to $5.

Just more justification for ignoring it or waiting for the GOTY editions...
  • Dawnguard is $20? I remember the expansions for all the previous games being closer to $5.

Just more justification for ignoring it or waiting for the GOTY editions...
    Shivering Isles was $30
  • edited October 2012
    Snuggletruck is shamelessly jumping on the bandwagon and is on sale.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Half Minute Hero is on steam, and it's 10% off. At $8.99, it's a great deal for pretty damn good game.
    Dangit. I really gotta stop buying games on XBLA.
  • You may want to look into whether the IP is part owned by the publisher or there is an exclusivity contract with the platform, such as That Game Company signing with Sony for Flow, Flower, and Journey.

It's also interesting to hear more developers are moving away from Microsoft for Steam and some to Sony due to them being much easier to work with.
  • Microsoft did some great things with XBLA in its first few years. It seems that for the past two years, they've decided to enter "let's make all the money" mode with short-term vision and have become harder to work with on the publisher side.

If anyone has had their eye on the latest must-buy XBLA title, Mark of the Ninja, you should know it is coming over to Steam sometime in early 2013.
  • Microsoft did some great things with XBLA in its first few years. It seems that for the past two years, they've decided to enter "let's make all the money" mode with short-term vision and have become harder to work with on the publisher side.

If anyone has had their eye on the latest must-buy XBLA title, Mark of the Ninja, you should know it is coming over to Steam sometime in early 2013.
    I'm assuming at this point that every XBLA game will come to Steam, but why not the one I care about the most Pac-Man CE DX!
  • The consistent release schedule didn't help. Microsoft promised 2 releases every Tuesday from now until eternity, which meant a bunch of shovelware to meet quota and games getting buried on the new release list. Basically, a game had a week of good publicity, then maybe some word of mouth, but once it got off the top sellers lists it might as well not have existed.
  • edited October 2012
    It's actually coming out on Steam two weeks from today.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • If anyone has had their eye on the latest must-buy XBLA title, Mark of the Ninja, you should know it is coming over to Steam sometime in early 2013.
    It's actually coming out on Steam two weeks from today.
    Ooooo really. Must... clear out backlog... faster. Or at least in time to pick it up in Winter sale.

• Ooo and the remake of Nights Into Dreams comes out at the end of the month as well. I, like most people, skipped the Sega Saturn, so I've always wanted to go back and play this. 1UP posted their review and it looks like the new HD version is a winner.
  • Yesss. I've always wanted to play that too but never got a chance, same with Jet Set Radio.
  • Yesss. I've always wanted to play that too but never got a chance, same with Jet Set Radio.
    JSR is, at best, a curiosity these days. Don't pay full price.

• I have a bonus copy of NS2 for pre-ordering it. None of my other friends seem particularly interested. Anyone here want a copy and going to play it?
  • If I can find my mouse and it works with Intel HD Graphics, dibs.
  • edited October 2012
    Yesss. I've always wanted to play that too but never got a chance, same with Jet Set Radio.
    Fuck you, JSR is great. I'll get it as soon as I get an XBOX controller for my PC. It, like Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD, is really a controller game, not a keyboard/mouse game. If I can get a Dreamcast USB adapter, I'll use my dreamcast controller and...

Waaaaait a minute. I still OWN that game for dreamcast. I'll just play it on the dreamcast.

But the fancy graphics... I might have a problem here, guys.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • If I can find my mouse and it works with Intel HD Graphics, dibs.
    Well here are the graphics reqs: "DirectX 9 compatible video card with 1GB, ATI X800, NVidia 8600 or better". Not sure how your Intel HD graphics chip compares to that. If you think you can play it, message me on steam (same name).
    Fuck you, JSR is great. I'll get it as soon as I get an XBOX controller for my PC. It, like Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD, is really a controller game, not a keyboard/mouse game. If I can get a Dreamcast USB adapter, I'll use my dreamcast controller and...

Waaaaait a minute. I still OWN that game for dreamcast. I'll just play it on the dreamcast.

But the fancy graphics... I might have a problem here, guys.

THPS:HD is, at best, a curiosity these days. Don't pay full price.