This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• They moved to the city...
    In the episode I'm referencing, they said they would almost certainly get motorcycles within two years. Were they living in the city in mid-'08?
  • Well, I am considering getting a Vespa or the like. I'm also actually considering getting a car if I get a substantial raise in the near future. Zipcar is great, but if I use it much more than I already am, a car would become cheaper again in the long run. Of course, I've been using it a lot lately (and love it), but we'll see.

I'd actually probably get a tiny little hybrid. Or a Miata. Probably a Miata.
  • I'd actually probably get a tiny little hybrid. Or a Miata. Probably a Miata.
    Then you and George can be car bros.
  • A bright yellow one?
  • As much I'd love to encourage you to get a miata, the trunk is really hopeless impractical. It's all right if you're single like me, but fitting two people's things is the absolute limit.
  • As much I'd love to encourage you to get a miata, the trunk is really hopeless impractical. It's all right if you're single like me, but fitting two people's things is the absolute limit.
    I'm aware and cool with that. I bring nothing with me most of the time to places. ;^) I also found a decent ski rack that it seems every Miata-owning skier installs.
    Solution: pack lightly. You and Emily go on some cross-country road-trip with barely anything packed. Adventure all the way!

/bad influence
    //but you know you want to
  • Solution: pack lightly. You and Emily go on some cross-country road-trip with barely anything packed. Adventure all the way!
    And come and visit!
  • And come and visit!
    If we're at PAX Dev, we will have to have some fancy dinners and gaming for several evenings on me this year. ^_~
  • If we're at PAX Dev, we will have to have some fancy dinners and gaming for several evenings on me this year. ^_~
    Just let me know. I'll make sure to take more time off and do some planning.
  • Here's something interesting - Apparently, Brisbane has the Highest Grossing mid-size entertainment Venue in the world. The closest comparable American venue is Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall in New Jersey.
  • Woohoo, my iPad arrived today :)

Prince of nothing ebook + Sanctuary manga that I torrented the other day should christen it nicely.

For all that the iPad can do, #1 and #2 for me is purely comics + ebooks.
  • I've purchased two things on Amazon, and it already knows me perfectly. Yes Amazon, I would like a red Nerf case for my not-yet-here DS.
  • I just thought of something that I would really like Netflix to implement, cause it works for someone like me who has a gigantic queue that is not worth managing. They should implement a shuffle feature where you can add movies to a blob and they will just pick one at random and send it to you as the next one in your queue. Completely random, you have no idea what they will be sending next at all. Ideally, I would set it up so that I could have my normal queue, which will cover one disc of my two disc allotment, and have that be things that don't work with randomness, like TV shows; and all my movies would be in the blob, which will cover the other disc, cause I hate having to make decisions about what to watch at any given time. Just a thought.
  • You still get discs?
  • You still get discs?
    Just 1 disc-at-a-time that I've had since March. >____>
  • If my phone doesn't get here today, then I have to go through the pain of waiting for it all weekend.
  • Nyan Cat remix playlist = perfect pool music.
  • You still get discs?
    1) My internet connection is not reliable enough to go all Instant.
    2) It always seems like more than half of my queue isn't available on Instant anyway.
    3) I prefer having subs on for everything I watch the first time, and Instant is very hit and miss there.
    4) Sometimes, if the movie is really good, I'll check out some of the bonus features.
  • Discs are still worth it to me. There's a lot of good stuff on streaming, but most of my favorite stuff isn't.
  • Isn't the difference between instant and 1 disc a dollar a month? There's still the occasional DVD I want. I get my dollar's worth every month.
  • Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
  • instant and 1 disc a dollar a month?
    Two. Obviously, this bankrupts everyone, and Netflix is evil for doing it.
  • French keyboards have a different layout than English ones. While not entirely unexpected, they are rather hard to type on.
  • AZERTY?
  • AZERTY?
    That's the one. You've gotta shift to use numbers too. It's just generally hard to type on.
  • French keyboards have a different layout than English ones. While not entirely unexpected, they are rather hard to type on.
    There is also a difference between American and British keyboard layouts.
    There is also a difference between American and British keyboard layouts.
    They look to be identical in layout, but with some accented keys thrown in to make them more viable for non-English.
  • Jeremy is making me an anniversary present. If all goes well, it will be EPIC. EPIC, I SAY!
  • I just bought the 6th volume of Chi's Sweet Home THROUGH MY PHONE! I love not being behind in phone technology anymore.