This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• So... pedophiles are actually just werewolves?
  • Today I plugged in an old hard drive, and there were very old photographs on it! OH NOES.
    To Flickr!
  • So... pedophiles are actually just werewolves?
  • Wow. Look at at tear. It's so salty it isn't even staining the fur.
    What you can't see is the cropped out raging erection.
    What you can't see is the cropped out raging erection.
    I find that to be true of most pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    I see no demonstrable difference between Twilight and ponies.

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST.

Yes, my name is Twilight Sparkle. OMG, you are totally the first person to make a vampire joke! I'd like you to meet my friend Luke. He has never heard a Star Wars joke in his whole life.
    OH, I GET IT! "RYM" SOUNDS LIKE "RIM," WHICH IS WHY YOU SAID "RIM JOB." WHAT A CLEVER YOUNG MAN!
    Why, yes, I have a sister named Victoria. A movie? You don't say...
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I see no demonstrable difference between Twilight and ponies.

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST.

Yes, my name is Twilight Sparkle. OMG, you are totally the first person to make a vampire joke! I'd like you to meet my friend Luke. He has never heard a Star Wars joke in his whole life.
    OH, I GET IT! "RYM" SOUNDS LIKE "RIM," WHICH IS WHY YOU SAID "RIM JOB." WHAT A CLEVER YOUNG MAN!
    Why, yes, I have a sister named Victoria. A movie? You don't say...
    YEAH. GÜNTER. JUST LIKE THAT DING DONG GUY.

EXACTLY LIKE THAT.

• Why, yes, I have a sister named Victoria. A movie? You don't say...
    Well, shit, if I'd have known that movie existed, I could have made shit jokes much more promptly.
    Well, shit, if I'd have known that movie existed, I could have made shit jokes much more promptly.
    Everytime I hear the name Victor I think of John Wayne's teeth.

• I just did 100% in Super Mario 3D Land, and I have to say, although it is the best (I fully realize this is my own personal opinion) Mario I have ever played, I'm a little bit dissapointed that nothing special happened after the 100%.
  • edited December 2011
    (Smoke Signals Clip)
    OMG, I love you! Fry bread power!

Also, I like this article:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/30/opinion/does-stripping-gender-from-toys-really-make-sense.html?src=ISMR_AP_LO_MST_FB
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited December 2011
    If there is one thing I don't like about BF3, it's that the community takes the leaderboards and unlock system SUPER SERIOUS. I've seen people talking about actively trying to crash or otherwise kill boosting servers, people raiding boosting servers to try and mess with people and force them to stop boosting(ironically, usually getting a ton of really easy points while doing so), running bots to ensure that booster servers are permanently full, all sorts of stupid shit to try and regulate what EA, for the most part, refuses to, just so they can have a little more psuedo-legitimacy to their e-peen numbers.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited December 2011
    (Smoke Signals Clip)
    OMG, I love you! Fry bread power!
    We watched that movie in one of my journalism classes. For the next week, if someone in that class wanted to get my attention, they would say "hey Victor" like Thomas. Except that, the way they said it, it sounded like a drunk canadian.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on

Shoot, I actually wouldn't of thought of that. My friend Glen on the other hand is rather sick of me.

Shoot, I actually wouldn't of thought of that. My friend Glen on the other hand is rather sick of me.
    Fixed link.
  • Forgive me if I'm asking a dangerous question here, but why do you all know so much about Twilight?!
    I read it. It wasn't the worst thing I ever read, but it didn't strike a chord with me. It was very tepid really.
  • edited December 2011
    Forgive me if I'm asking a dangerous question here, but why do you all know so much about Twilight?!
    I read it. It wasn't the worst thing I ever read, but it didn't strike a chord with me. It was very tepid really.
    Just curious, what was the worst book you've ever read?
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Forgive me if I'm asking a dangerous question here, but why do you all know so much about Twilight?!
    Just curious, what was the worst book you've ever read?
    I'd really have to say The Scarlet Letter, Yes it is a literary classic, and probably a good yarn, but just the style of writing made me want to punch my eyeballs it was so dry. It was really the only school-required book I've read that I hated.
  • I'd really have to say The Scarlet Letter, Yes it is a literary classic, and probably a good yarn, but just the style of writing made me want to punch my eyeballs it was so dry. It was really the only school-required book I've read that I hated.
    Similar experience with 100 Years Of Solitude for me. That book's just too damn repetitive.

• Pilgrim at Tinker Creek is the worst I've muddled through.
    Simple - I don't like to seriously criticize a book without reading it, so I forced myself to finish the lot. It sucked, it was a horrible pain in the arse, but at least when I put shit on it, I know what I'm on about.

• So it's Belgian chocolate with Kiwi licorice.
  • Oh yeah, I'm three hours late, but Happy New Year from the future.
  • Holy shit, how is 2012? Any sense of the reappearance of the Mayan gods?
  • All praise Quetzalcoatl!
  • Not yet, but it's only been four hours. They're probably grabbing breakfast at Pancake Manor or something.
  • That's really dumb and creepy and I would not want to date with a giant magical wolf who did that.
    Yeah, as narrative devices to force your protagonist into your selected relationship go, pedophilia is generally not the one you should go with.
    Well, Meyer did attempt to romanticize spousal rape, domestic violence, and victim-blaming in Breaking Dawn. She's not exactly noted for her ability to choose plot devices acceptable to cultures that no longer practice polygamy and bride kidnapping.

• edited December 2011
    I have an English translation of that book. It is okay, but I did not read the whole thing.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I have just spent a few hours with the biggest geeks I know (FRC notwithstanding) and one guy was wearing a kilt in Blackwatch tartan.