This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I just used "Lords of the rink" as a headline on a hockey story. We'll see whether any readers out there are geeks.
    I really don't think you need to be a geek to recognize a reference to a widely-known book series and extremely popular movie franchise.

• edited January 2012
    Quoth Omnutia on skype -

"Urgghhhh....I love those Gibli women, like an Italian breeze across the desert..."

And my own constant refrain -

"Everything I read is incredible garbage."
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I just used "Lords of the rink" as a headline on a hockey story. We'll see whether any readers out there are geeks.
    One rink to rule them all. One rink find them. One rink to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
  • Why do the dwarves get so many rings? Every one else gets like, 3 or 4 and the dwarves get 9! Dwarves aren't notoriously greedy or anything.
  • Why do the dwarves get so many rings? Every one else gets like, 3 or 4 and the dwarves get 9! Dwarves aren't notoriously greedy or anything.
    The elves got three, the Dwarven Lords got seven, and the Lords of Men got nine. Dwarves actually are traditionally greedy; the Dwarven Rings only serve to make their wearers more greedy and angry.
  • I do believe that the notoriously greedy was ment to be green text.
  • Just lost a chunk of myself to a mandolin slicer. Watch those things.
  • edited January 2012
    When I briefly showed some friends this forum, I showed them this famous picture of Rym and not much else.
    Now they're calling this forum "the forum with the guy and the hat in leather"
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Now they're calling this forum "the forum with the guy and the hat in leather"
    I hereby resolve that this shall be the way we reference the FRCF. Who's with me?

• Now they're calling this forum "the forum with the guy and the hat in leather"
    I hereby resolve that this shall be the way we reference the FRCF. Who's with me?

Aye!

Aye!
    Nay, too generic.

• Too easily misinterpreted.
  • When I briefly showed some friends this forum, I showed them this famous picture of Rym and not much else.
    This is the man your man can smell like.
  • When I briefly showed some friends this forum, I showed them this famous picture of Rym and not much else.
    Am I the only one reminded of Lucas Simms' (Fallout 3) outfit when looking at that picture?
    This is the man your man can smell like.
    Look at your podcaster.
    Now back at me.
    Now back at your podcaster.
    Now back at me.
    Sadly, he is not me, but if he stopped playing lady scented games and played Caylus, he could smell like me. Look down. Now up. Where are you. You're at a panel given by the man your man could smell like. What's in my hand? Look back at me. I have it. It's an oyster with tickets to that con you love. Look again. The tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Utena instead of a lady. I'm on a pony.
  • Okay my brain has gone to poop. I'm trying to think of a word to describe an argument or standpoint based on personal experiences without actual statistical evidence. I want to say it starts with an "A". Maybe "Adj..." but my brain just will not go any further than this. Help?
  • Okay my brain has gone to poop. I'm trying to think of a word to describe an argument or standpoint based on personal experiences without actual statistical evidence. I want to say it starts with an "A". Maybe "Adj..." but my brain just will not go any further than this. Help?
    Anecdotal?

Am I the only one reminded of Lucas Simms' (Fallout 3) outfit when looking at that picture?
    I'm reminded of this.
  • The petrified dragonborn does not grant cover/concealment, even if she's a head taller than my character and half again as broad.
  • edited January 2012
    I've been in a really fucking bad mood all week, mostly due to sleep deprivation, and I've been picking arguments with everyone, regardless of merit.

It must be said that Andrew brow-beat me into submission after an hour-long chat bender this afternoon about the politics of U.S. military intercession. Congrats, dude.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • I've been in a really fucking bad mood all week, mostly due to sleep deprivation, and I've been picking arguments with everyone, regardless of merit.

It must be said that Andrew brow-beat me into submission after an hour-long chat bender this afternoon about the politics of U.S. military intercession. Congrats, dude.
    I've been in the same sort of mood. I'm hoping to get into a nice long argument tonight around some beer, and get it out of me.
  • Man, who needs brass knuckles when my Swiss Army Knife has a screwdriver and a reamer on the back. Just a thought.
  • Tonight I'm watching 500 Days of Summer with two of my female flatmates because apparently I lost my balls somewhere during my journeys.

Also because Zooey Deschanel is in it.
  • edited January 2012
    And also it's a pretty good movie. Have you seen it before?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • And also it's a pretty good movie. Have you seen it before?
    Yeah, I'm just being self-effacing about being the only guy watching a Rom Com with a group of platonic female friends.

I actually really, really, really like the movie. And the soundtrack is killer, too.
  • Chill out, dude. My stepdad prefer romcoms over any other kind of movie.
  • Can you consider Black Dynamite a romcom?
  • edited January 2012
    I like some "rom-coms," but I wasn't a fan of 500 Days of Summer. The Summer character was trite, obnoxious, and felt like a mockery of womanhood. Trite characters are fairly common in rom-coms, but when the film attempts to be poignant yet avails itself of this trope, it creates a discord between tone and characterization that creates a muddled effect overall.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Can you consider Black Dynamite a romcom?
    Can't say I know. I don't like watching movies that much.