This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• edited January 2012
    While the Facebook suggested friends algorithm is somehow smart enough to suggest people I only know from the internet, it's still not creepy enough to be able to suggest the cute girl from my jazz history class :(
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Making a CD of driving music for tomorrow, I'm fucking off to the island for the weekend. Suggestions always welcome, preferably of the Guitar-driven or Rock variety. Will post a playlist when done.
  • edited January 2012
    I'm with the Top Gear guys; Radar Love is the best song to drive to but it always came on when I was at a stop light.

Nobunyaga's Ambition is a thing that exists as at least a manga and game.
    M. Bison is all over the place here.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • edited January 2012
    While the Facebook suggested friends algorithm is somehow smart enough to suggest people I only know from the internet, it's still not creepy enough to be able to suggest the cute girl from my jazz history class :(
    Slightly creepy but ultimately acceptable solution: Friend request her and then be like, "Facebook suggested you!"

Then get tea and talk about The Antique Blacks.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • That's Eagle's Talon, that flash cartoon.
  • I'm with the Top Gear guys; Radar Love is the best song to drive to but it always came on when I was at a stop light.
    Warning: loud noise begins upon opening of page.
  • I'm with the Top Gear guys; Radar Love is the best song to drive to but it always came on when I was at a stop light.
    OVERRULED!

• While the Facebook suggested friends algorithm is somehow smart enough to suggest people I only know from the internet, it's still not creepy enough to be able to suggest the cute girl from my jazz history class :(
    Slightly creepy but ultimately acceptable solution: Friend request her and then be like, "Facebook suggested you!"
    I haven't found her Facebook page, that's why I need it creepily suggested to me :P

OVERRULED!

DOUBLE OVERRULED!
  • While the Facebook suggested friends algorithm is somehow smart enough to suggest people I only know from the internet, it's still not creepy enough to be able to suggest the cute girl from my jazz history class :(
    I haven't found her Facebook page, that's why I need it creepily suggested to me :P

OK, I have a crazy thought: try talking to her.

Option 2: position yourself so that you can overhear a conversation where her name is used OR grab the class registration list and narrow down the people that it can't be. Once you have a name and a school, Facebook stalking should be trivial.

• I know her name. I'm not going out of my way to Facebook stalk her. I was just being silly and making an observation that I thought was funny.
  • OK, I have a crazy thought: try talking to her.
    This. Find something to start a conversation on that is more than "How about those crazy Jazz Histories, huh?!" and talk to her. See if she wants to bone up for an exam together or, if you have to go to concerts for the class, go to a concert with her.

Alternatively, buy a typewriter and type "I am shy but want to get to know you. Question 1: Do you like coffee? Question 2: At ? Question 3: At ?" and somehow get it to her.

• edited January 2012
    I know her name. I'm not going out of my way to Facebook stalk her. I was just being silly and making an observation that I thought was funny.
    See, this is why I'm saying you need to practice your stalking skills. Once you get a few years under your belt, it's never out of your way. It just comes naturally.

You should use your sweet-ass chain as an icebreaker. Bitches love shiny bling. And sailors.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
    See if she wants to bone up for an exam together
  • I see nothing wrong with that phrasing.
    See if she wants to bone up for an exam together
    Sorry. Bone up on the topic to be covered for an exam, thoroughly?

• I think the image still applies.
  • I think the image still applies.
    Alright, final try:

Be prepared for anything that might pop up in class?
  • Be prepared for anything that might pop up in class?

• Well it's just a(the) tip.
  • My comic book shop has WarHammer 40K stuff now. I'm tempted to get into it.
    I'd try cocaine first. It's cheaper and less likely to take over your life.
  • Heroin emulates 40k pretty well, if Trainspotting is to be believed.
  • Did you say you weren't sure you were able to afford PAX? If so, getting into WarHammer 40K will more than likely seal the deal for you not going to PAX.
  • My friends and I have a theory that Citadel Paint's Blood Red shade is so expensive because it is actually made with orphan blood.
    Don't.

• Not quite good enough to be a thing of the day for me but still interesting enough for a post.
  • My friends and I have a theory that Citadel Paint's Blood Red shade is so expensive because it is actually made with orphan blood.
    I don't see why. Orphans aren't exactly in short supply and its not exactly rocket science to extract blood. If you do it right you can even keep a stock of orphans around for nothing but blood production.