This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Con panel idea: Anime themed weddings. Cosplay as your favorite character and get married to your true love. I'm an ordained minister with Open Ministry.

Y/N?
    No! People are freaky enough with the Nightmare Before Christmas themed weddings. Why can't they just be normal weddings?
    Aww, come on, doesn't that seem a little harsh? It could be cool, why not? A Nightmare Before Christmas wedding could be cool, and if this was really how people wanted to be married, might as well let them.
  • Con panel idea: Anime themed weddings. Cosplay as your favorite character and get married to your true love. I'm an ordained minister with Open Ministry.

Y/N?
    No! People are freaky enough with the Nightmare Before Christmas themed weddings. Why can't they just be normal weddings?
    Normal weddings are BORING. That's why. I've learn through weddings, that a big bash like that isn't worth it unless you let the people who are invited have fun. Especially if a lot of your friends aren't that big into dressing up and having some kind of gala. Now, dressing up could be fun if cosplay were involved, but otherwise, it's just pissing away money to have some really fancy, boring reception that lasts all day.

If you make it fun though? That's worth it. My brother had one wedding where they actually had people dress casually and an aquatic petting zoo was attached to it.
  • Half-done joke: Somehow equate moe fans and fans of George Orwell by way of love for big brother.
  • Half-done joke: Somehow equate moe fans and fans of George Orwell by way of love for big brother.
    K-on! has always been the best anime ever! Kanon, Sister Princess, Stelvia, Azumanga Daioh, Clannad, and Air have always just been okay! (Airstrip One has always been at war with Oceania... no?) Anyway, just replace every instance of "Big Brother" with "Onii-chan." "He loved Onii-chan."
  • So there;s those apps that'll scan barcodes and search internets for the best deal. So I was thinking, what if we took something like that and modified it to work with our scan system here in the warehouse? iPods would take up a lot less space, and you could preload different playlists onto each one so every day you get something different.

And if I actually did do anime weddings at a con I almost feel I gotta dress up as Father Anderson from Hellsing.
  • looked through my youtube history, and found a George Harrison video, so started watching a youtube playlist of his videos. And all the videos have new comments, saying R.I.P. George! and We miss you! It seems today is the 9th anniversary of his death.
  • what if we took something like that and modified it to work with our scan system here in the warehouse
    Camera-based barcode scanners tend to be a LOT slower than regular barcode scanners (the ones with the red light).
  • Ever since I posted about my own Scott Pilgrim hat, my blog averages 50 hits a day. Nothing big, but it's pretty cool to see.

I recently was looking some of the search engine terms people used to view my blog and "rosaka scott pilgrim" was one of them.

That amuses me. I'm a tiny bit internet known!
  • edited November 2010
    Gratz Ro! The "Rosaka Scott Pilgrim" search term probably comes from people returning to the site or directing friends.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Gratz Ro! The "Rosaka Scott Pilgrim" search term probably comes from people returning to the site or directing friends.
    Yeah I figured as much. I also saw my site linked from Etsy conversations and other things.

That's one of the reasons why I'm trying to get the Hermione hat pattern figured out, but meh. There is somewhat decent pattern on Ravelry/LJ, but I still think I might be able to make something a bit closer to the actual hat. All in good time.

But yeah, my blog pretty much gets traffic from the Scott Pilgrim hat and sometimes my Yoshi cross-stitch.
  • edited November 2010
    Embeddable fonts are an awesome idea that are going to be used, mostly, to make really ugly looking websites, particuarly blogs.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited November 2010
    FIX'D
    Embeddable fonts are an awesome idea that are going to be used, mostly, to make really ugly looking websites, particularly blogs.
    And to spread Futura to the world!
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • edited November 2010
    Ever since I posted about my own Scott Pilgrim hat, my blog averages 50 hits a day. Nothing big, but it's pretty cool to see.
    And to spread Futura to the world!
    heh, you highlighted Ro's post and clicked the quote button on omnutias.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • My girlfriend just told me that she used to have a friend who went to prison for murdering his dad, who was a cop.
  • My girlfriend just told me that she used to have a friend who went to prison for murdering his dad, who was a cop.
    Did she stop being friends with him before or after said patricide?
  • I just went and asked her for clarification -- apparently, his dad was super abusive. The killing was premeditated, though, not self-defense -- he got a life sentence, I forgot to mention. She lost touch with him after he went to prison. She said that one of her friends got a letter from him recently.
  • Oh. Damn, that's actually kind of tragic.
  • I have Okkusenman on repeat while doing chem homework. My landlord won't turn on the radiators, and it's woman outside, so I am swaddled in blankets. Motherfucker.
  • I have Okkusenman on repeat while reading.
    <3 youtube repeat.
  • Best Okkusenman AMV ever:
  • ^Erhm... I very rarely care about lyrics, but I really like the Okkusenman lyrics, and that AMV ignored them=/
  • Gurren Lagaan is the most Hot-Blooded anime ever. Your argument is invalid. ~_^
  • Gurren Lagaan is THE Hot-Blooded anime.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm seriously considering my cosplay weddings idea, and I may have to charge per couple just for the marriage certificates, and I dunno how kosher that'd be.

Why am I asking you guys? I'll just pester Gabe and/or Tycho!
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • I'm going to cockpunch the next motherfucker who tells me Macs are more stable than PCs. I'm ready to throw this piece of shit out a window.
  • I'm going to cockpunch the next motherfucker who tells me Macs are more stable than PCs. I'm ready to throw this piece of shit out a window.
    Have you tried hitting it?
    My lil' 5 y/o nephew refers to that as the "Million Dollar Punch". He was taught it at a very young age and has given many to my older brother. I love my nephew.
  • My lil' 5 y/o nephew refers to that as the "Million Dollar Punch". He was taught it at a very young age and has given many to my older brother. I love my nephew.
    You are so lucky to have a nephew who has named his cockpunch.
  • We've always referred to it as "The Hand of God".
    Have you tried hitting it?
    What's frustrating is that I'm not a noob. I've been taking computers apart and putting them back together since I was eight. I've had ever OS since DOS 4. I remember editing autoexec.bat, teaching myself BASIC, and teaching my dad to use Win 3.1.

NOTHING I've ever had is as buggy as OSX. It suffers from random memory holes, frequent crashes, plug-in issues, it loses files, it arbitrarily shuts down programs. What I've learned is that OSX is great if you only use the programs that Apple wants you to use without trying to do too much with them. Want to edit a photo or video? You can do that. Want to buy things from Apple? You can do that. Want to update Java and export Quark files to PDFs without losing font fidelity? FUCK YOU!