This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• edited September 2012
    I was offered my night shift position back today. I almost took it before I remembered the months without seeing friends, ruining my knees with heavy lifting because the stair thingy exists not to be used but to placate inspectors, the randon and unposted hours and the shItty coworkers.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Tried to record a podcast, but Rym wouldn't let one topic slide so it ate the whole episode.
    It's a fine episode in its own right.

Scott was visibly agitated and kept arguing after we cut off the recording. ;^)
  • Tried to record a podcast, but Rym wouldn't let one topic slide so it ate the whole episode.
    Don't even bother thinking we're under the illusion that it's the first time either of you have done this.
  • What was the topic?
    You'll find out on Tuesday...
  • It's not hard to figure out if you have certain people on your Twitter feed. Since it's a Tuesday episode it will be about PAX and about a certain major event at it.
  • Apparently reading though my rss feeds for two classes in a row pretty much drains all my phone's battery.
  • Planters made their NUT•rition line into peanut butter.

http://www.planters.com/varieties/featnutritionpb.aspx

The banana one is delicious. I never new banana and PB would be such a good combo. I've heard tale, but was never curious enough to try it out until now.

I think make a PB and banana chip sammich will be in my future. Oh yes.
  • Was my girlfriend's birthday yesterday, so we got some booze. Found Rangpur Tanqueray on sale for only a dollar more than the regular kind. My gin-hating girlfriend now has a gin that she likes ^_^
  • My gin-hating girlfriend
    ...wat. Does not compute...

She claims to not like the taste of pine trees. I claim she just hasn't had any good gins.
    She claims to not like the taste of pine trees. I claim she just hasn't had any good gins.
    I am excite that someone else understands when I say it tastes like pine trees. More often than not when I explain that to someone they look at me like I'm insane. That demographic of people also do not seem to like gin.
  • Those people are weird, juniper is awesome.
  • Yuup Gin tastes like pine trees in pretty much the worst possible way. It may well redeem itself when mixed or at higher cost, but if I can't afford the palatable version it's still bad to me.
    Nor My gin slushie. Shit is magic. First time I made it, I ended up with a girlfriend, second time I made it, I ended up with a best friend. I'm afraid to make it a third time.

• I'm thinking about deleting my Facebook account. Okay, "deleting" isn't quite the word for it -- more like let it lie fallow. I still need it for my grandfather's fan page (he doesn't have an account), although it just gets auto-posted to via his blog, but otherwise I'm just not going to use it.
  • edited September 2012
    I'm thinking about deleting my Facebook account. Okay, "deleting" isn't quite the word for it -- more like let it lie fallow. I still need it for my grandfather's fan page (he doesn't have an account), although it just gets auto-posted to via his blog, but otherwise I'm just not going to use it.
    I essentially just use my facebook for chatting, but even that I'm using less and less these days.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Jungle Speed and Spotit arrived, and I understand the hype.
  • You guys. Gin does not taste like pine trees. It tastes like Juniper, which is in the Cypress family, not the Pine family. GUH.

For reals, refine your palates.
  • For reals, refine your palates.
    For trees!
  • You guys. Gin does not taste like pine trees. It tastes like Juniper, which is in the Cypress family, not the Pine family. GUH.

For reals, refine your palates.
    Tree nerd!
  • Actually smell and taste/feel on the tongue is one tool of plant identification. You would not believe the number of my Dendrology students that put poison ivy in their mouths or rubbed it on their faces. I had to carry Technu with me during field quizzes.
  • Nah definitely tastes like pine tree, having eaten a lot of Pine needles I should know.
  • See, I just think gin tastes bad, not specifically of trees. But I generally dislike all hard liquor.
  • Minecraft is getting to me again. I had a dream about the zombie Apocalypse, and after realizing I couldn't find a good weapon, I somehow pulled up a prompt and typed /home to go back and pick up a weapon from my room.
  • See, I just think gin tastes bad, not specifically of trees. But I generally dislike all hard liquor.
    Even rum?!

• To make another argument against gin: Juniper berries are what bears get fucked up on. I am not a bear, therefore I do not consume juniper berries.

Also who eats poison ivy/oak!? They're all trivially identifiable by sight, except in the dead of winter. Tough I did have one friend grab a large poison oak vine and swing like Tarzan on it. The aftermath of that was great.
    Even rum?!

I have a friend who has bad reactions to rumdrunkenness.

• I have a friend who has bad reactions to rumdrunkenness.
    Myth. No particular form of alcohol causes any particular behaviors. Other physiological effects (hangover, etc...) step purely from percentage of alcohol and presence of certain other chemicals. Your friend shouldn't have any different experience between rum, tequila, or whiskey. ;^)

• I have a friend who has bad reactions to rumdrunkenness.
    Myth. No particular form of alcohol causes any particular behaviors. Other physiological effects (hangover, etc...) step purely from percentage of alcohol and presence of certain other chemicals. Your friend shouldn't have any different experience between rum, tequila, or whiskey. ;^)

I'm aware, but she THINKS she has a different reaction, so it causes a different reaction. It's the placebo effect in action.

One of the few American sitcoms I like (How I Met Your Mother) had a whole episode about the characters having different reactions to different alcohols, and it annoyed me to no end.
    Even rum?!

I have a friend who has bad reactions to rumdrunkenness.