This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Sorry, but any medical/biology related "scientists" just lost their respect card.
  • edited December 2010
    Sorry, but any medical/biology related "scientists" just lost their respect card.
    That dude is an anomaly and a moron.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited December 2010
    Sorry, but any medical/biology related "scientists" just lost their respect card.
    That dude is an anomaly and a moron.
    Yeah I approach physics a lot differently than how I approach biology..
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • who is this Vitas? It is plastered all over Youtube.
  • He's a very famous Russian singer and he's AWESOME.
  • aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA A A A A AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA A AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAA?
    Close enough.

He apparently does the weird microphone thing to prove to the audience that he's not lip-syncing.
  • For today's entry in the "Why didn't I think of that?" department, a Japanese style saw with a tiny piston inside, that makes puffs of air as you saw, blowing sawdust and other mess away from the cut line as you go, enabling you to see the cut line the whole time, and theoretically make more accurate cuts.
  • Japanese style saw with a tiny piston inside, that makes puffs of air as you saw, blowing sawdust and other mess away from the cut line as you go, enabling you to see the cut line the whole time, and theoretically make more accurate cuts.
    Every jigsaw and bandsaw I've ever used had something like that. ;^)
  • Apparently serving champagne to Nordstroms customers (most of which are older women, by the way) turns you into Dustin Hoffman. Who knew?
  • edited December 2010

Where have I heard this before?
    Post edited by Andrew on

• Where have I heard this before?
    DUDE. I was thinking the same thing, and I found the answer.
  • Sorry I took so long but getting this thread back on track.

Tweed jackets, where you guys at? I get one at the end of my degree. Anyone else have one?

DUDE. I was thinking the same thing, and I foundthe answer.
    YESSSS!!! that was it! thanks! it was killing me.

WTF?

WTF?
    You got that backwards.
  • Ah. Dagobah..what have you wrought upon us.
    This NEEDS to be a meme. Right. Now.
  • This NEEDS to be a meme. Right. Now.
    To quote the great philosopher and statesman Billy Connolly, FUCKING WHAT.
  • I'm going to make a live action one over break, I think.
  • Are there in-jokes I don't understand or is that just fucking weird?
  • I need one hour of awake time before I begin paper writing.
    It's not so much an "in joke" as they are clearly pretending to be driving in Initial D. They can't actually drive like in Initial D, so the best they can do is play Eurobeat music and make engine noises while futzing with the shifter and acting all dramatic while "cornering".
  • Few forms of entertainment beat petting animals in terms of enduring value.
  • edited December 2010
    While discussing the whole TSA thing with some people, when I point out the images are mannequin-like, quite a few people have been throwing back about a security screener in Denver who got caught masturbating in his booth. That would have made major news around, and at the very least, Boing Boing would have been all over it like white on rice.

So, I hunted down the original source.

Turns out, the original source an article from a British satirical site called "The Daily Squib" - which means this is about equivalent to repeating news stories from The Onion as fact.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I slept until 3:30pm today. Wowee.
    It's not so much an "in joke" as they are clearly pretending to be driving in Initial D. They can't actually drive like in Initial D, so the best they can do is play Eurobeat music and make engine noises while futzing with the shifter and acting all dramatic while "cornering".
    I have no idea what this video is referencing, but I found it hailarious.
  • rock truck truck flock but Ratko but not block but. Flock. The. Rock. Rock Rock1 but not F use of a that you CK F you see K Fucking Fucking
    fucking beauty care fucking
    beauty care?
    FlFucking but for Mark Fox fuck fuck suck fuck fuck flock flock. Fucking fucking flock flock flocking fucking fucking fucking bucking factoring banana fucking fuck fuck flock