This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Your sense of humor is being impaired by your withdrawal. He's not being that bad at all. It's not like there aren't a million other reminders/inducements to smoke anyway. Quitting means willpower against those things.
  • If all it takes for you to feel all butthurt is me telling you to smoke a cigarette, you should probably think about how hard it's gonna be when your entire body is dying for a smoke in a few weeks/days. And try to figure out how you're gonna handle that.

Because I'm just some dude poking fun at you over the internet. I don't really want to bring my "A" game because I have no real desire to see you fail.
  • edited October 2012
    And try to figure out how you're gonna handle that.
    Xanax, prbly.

Also, it's cool. Not really buttmad, just kind of a chemical mess right now.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited October 2012
    That's a fairly good strategy, hopefully that will work. Personally I'd probably do that and aspirin for whatever physical pains there were. Also I'd be super concerned about developing a tolerance for Xanax, because I've never used it before.

OTHER RANDOM COMMENT: Cremlian, I hope your family is okay. Also your dad is really odd, I know active duty Marines who post with less Marine Corps Ooo-Rah than he does.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • edited October 2012
    Yeah, I was joking. Benzo dependence is absolutely terrifying. I'm on Xanax for anxiety, and benzo withdrawal makes nicotine withdrawal look like you're kind of bummed because there's no ice cream in the house.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Yeah, I was joking. Benzo dependence is absolutely terrifying. I'm on Xanax for anxiety, and benzo withdrawal makes nicotine withdrawal look like you're kind of bummed because there's no ice cream in the house.
    Benzo's are no joke, but I'd imagine Xanax being prescribed to help with terrible nicotine withdrawal symptoms since it can be used as-needed. It'd probably be shitty to use though, since from what I understand withdrawal symptoms are fairly constant.

There's lots of ways to quit out there though. It sucks that most of them are super expensive though.

• I can get most of them for free from the uni, I just choose not to.
  • I can get most of them for free from the uni, I just choose not to.
    Dude, if you can get patches or gum or whatever for cheap/free, do it. If your goal is quitting smoking, use every tool you can. Don't be a stubborn young punk just because you feel like you have something to prove.

Of course, if your goal is to prove that you have massive amounts of willpower feel free to ignore that advice.
  • I'm going to become Alpha Wolf by telling a chemical that is more addictive than heroin to go fuck itself.
  • So I go to get Subway for lunch, and I come back to my car to find the parking brake on. I did not set the parking brake, so either my pants grabbed it or someone is polite enough to just mess with me for leaving my car unlocked.
  • So despite internet memes and south park, I actually did not see a single gangnam style person at any halloween event this weekend.
  • edited October 2012
    did you check in the elevator?
    http://hallowme.me/
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • I checked every elevator. Simultaneously.
  • I am extremely jealous of a friend of mine.
    "So mow many continents haven't you lived in for an extended period of time?"
    "Antarctica."
  • Holy shit so I just had an idea come to me as I woke up and I need to write it down before it vanishes.

Okay, so, it's a magical girl show (parody?) called Sailor Zero. It's got all your typical tropes, cept at the end of the transformation sequence the girls end up in the cockpits of WW2 era fighter planes. They'd have the cute skirts and bows and also goggles and flight caps. They battle the restless spirits of real-life flying aces whose spirits, and the spirits of their aircraft, are being forced out of Valhalla by some kind of evil force, and their magical animal is a gremlin.

You've got a Sailor Zero, Sailor Spitfire, Sailor Mustang, Sailor Messerschmidt and Sailor Ilyushin, and it would have to be drawn by one of those manga artists with an bizarre and extremely specific obsession with aircraft from 1944.
  • That sounds almost like Strike Witches, only with less mecha musume (and probably more pants).
  • I realized that almost immediately after I wrote it down, and shuddered with revulsion.
  • They Bleed Pixels is kind of cool but I feel like the platforming needs work. Things like random acceleration when you land on ice are not ok.
  • I just saw someone drift a fire truck.
  • In Planetside 2, you can drift a tank. A goddamn tank.

...I'm listening.
    I need to add "drift a tank" to my to-do list for joining the Army.
  • Get in a Lightning. Drive it down a hill. Turn sharply.
    Working as intended.

• (Note: Not a tank. Actually an IFV.)
  • Iraqi's love drifting.
  • So do the swedes -
  • Yo, what's up with Windows not having Spaces or virtual desktops or anything? It's been the only major desktop operating system without it for years now.
  • For a time, you could get a virtual desktop enhancement from Microsoft's website for free. Most Windows users (home users) probably don't have a use for it. Besides, there are plenty of free third party utilities that do that, if you really want it.
  • I hate arguing with friends about "What makes something good?" It always ends in frustration for both sides.