This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Sloviathan the Unmaker's platform is this: Unmake it.

Ever had something you regret? Unmake it.

Ever felt negatively about anything ever? Unmake it.

Ever experienced the horror of becoming aware of the existence of Sloviathan the Unmaker? Unmake it.
  • My foreign policy teacher is one of the best history teachers I've ever had. She lets me and encourages me to say shit like "of course, that strategy backfired on Nixon, because it lost him the key demographic if deceased-Americans."
  • Gotta make sure you appeal to the zombies. :)
  • My fingers move a lot smoother in a downwards direction than up, and most of my scrolling is down the page, which now means I'm moving my fingers up to scroll, which means my pages are scrolling far jerkier than before.
  • Klipsh X1s + Xonar DX. Wasn't expecting earbuds into a computer soundcard to work well but it's so good. Decent volume range and the audio quality is brilliant.
  • Japanese is a funny language. So it makes sense that "telephone" is spelled with the characters for electricity and talking (電話, denwa) and "train" is spelled with the characters for electricity and car (電車, densha), but why is "electric rice cooker" spelled with the characters for electricty, spirit (or mood, disposition) and pot (電気釜, denkigama). Why isn't there some rice (米) in there instead of spirit?
    Because it isn't the rice that is electric. A kama(釜) is a rice pot, and so if it becomes electric, it is a "denkigama." Denki is just electricity (which contains the character for spirit.)
    To complicate things, I always heard 炊飯器 (suihanki - cooking rice machine) for rice cooker.
  • My Manga is high quality, and teaches you lessons about life:

• My friend just called the show QI "an advanced version of Friday Night Party Line". To be compared to Stephen Fry? I don't think I've ever been paid a higher compliment.

Of course, that means Churba is Alan Davis.
  • edited November 2012
    @Churba Man has his priorities straight.
    Post edited by Jordan O. on
  • What if the transvestite was alive instead of dead?
  • edited November 2012
    Japanese is a funny language. So it makes sense that "telephone" is spelled with the characters for electricity and talking (電話, denwa) and "train" is spelled with the characters for electricity and car (電車, densha), but why is "electric rice cooker" spelled with the characters for electricty, spirit (or mood, disposition) and pot (電気釜, denkigama). Why isn't there some rice (米) in there instead of spirit?
    Because it isn't the rice that is electric. A kama(釜) is a rice pot, and so if it becomes electric, it is a "denkigama." Denki is just electricity (which contains the character for spirit.)
    To complicate things, I always heard 炊飯器 (suihanki - cooking rice machine) for rice cooker.
    Why why isn't it Denkiwa (電気話) or Denkisha (電気車)? I just find it odd, that's all. As for the Denkigama for rice cooker, I just found it randomly when I looked up the stroke order for the "electric" character.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I'm more proud of Nate Silver than I am of Obama right now.
  • Of course, that means Churba is Alan Davis.
    I'm the dumb, goofy one with funny hair, so I guess that fuck yeah I'm Jonathan Creek.

• "Unless by 'plot' you mean 'ass', Zack Snyder doesn't have any idea what the hell plot means!" (On a review of Sucker Punch)
  • My friend just called the show QI "an advanced version of Friday Night Party Line". To be compared to Stephen Fry? I don't think I've ever been paid a higher compliment.

I just realized, that's the second time we've had that compliment.

I just realized, that's the second time we've had that compliment.

That's pretty awesome.

I actually thought a really cool idea for a Panel/Con, would be to do an something like QI and have 4 really experienced friends/comedians/anime-o-philes talking and joking about what they've know about a specific topic.
  • People of this forum forget that many of us have good memories of what others have said in the past, even now that the search function and saved searches are no longer available. :3
  • Actually I want to thank you Emily, you've given me a goal and a person to prove wrong. I'm looking for business schools to attend.
  • edited November 2012
    In Japan?

Also, don't take my vitriolic rant too hard. I've worked very hard for over a decade to understand Japanese language, culture, and society, and when I see uninformed people expressing their weeaboo-esque "Everything is better in Japan" views, I tend to get annoyed. If you do go over, just please don't be one of those people who is an embarrassment to America and other gaijin. Don't cause more than your undue amount of meiwaku. I want my country to be well represented overseas.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Actually I want to thank you Emily, you've given me a goal and a person to prove wrong. I'm looking for business schools to attend.
  • In Japan?
    No here. I get a degree THEN I go to Japan.
  • edited November 2012
    Good idea. School will be good for you. 2-4 years of language and business study will be nice, I think.
  • Okay, guess you're not quite as crazy as you first appeared, Jack. More power to you going to school and getting a degree.
  • Some counties have coroners have an elected position.
  • We did. I think I wrote in Mitt Romney for that spot.
  • edited November 2012
    If you truly are willing to work toward a goal, be it academic, professional, or artistic, that gives me respect for you. Ambition like that is how you succeed.
  • edited November 2012
    In Japan?
    No here. I get a degree THEN I go to Japan.
    Yeeeeaaaaahh buddy. Managerial experience + Japanese fluency + a 4-year business degree = You will NEVER be jobless.

I'm really proud of you, dude. I love talking to you because I've watched you grow significantly since you first got here on your Vespa with a backpack full of Glenn Beck books and a dream.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I still don't understand the people who are mad that their country is too liberal and want to leave. Usually it is the other way around.

Conservative Bronies, man.