This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Fuck you spinning top. Fuck you! I still felt the same thing when I first watched that ending.
    Can he trust his wife's totem?
  • edited December 2010
    Fuck you spinning top. Fuck you! I still felt the same thing when I first watched that ending.
    SPOILARZ: The totem isn't the top. He checks something else all throughout the movie. Also, compare the children's clothes in each scene they're in. Take stills. Look VERY closely.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Hmm, I will have to check this out tonight. After I view a few more of the special features and that silly text a picture of the top bonus feature code.
  • My coworker and I are already quoting Arnold Schwarzenegger movie lines. A good way to start the day.
    My friends and
    I did this a lot during the move and found hilarity mixing one or two.

"There's a tumor in the choppa!"
  • @WindUpBird: He always sighs with relief when spinning his wife's totem. He clearly puts some stock in it, even though the logic behind the movie says he should not.
  • edited December 2010
    Fuck you spinning top. Fuck you! I still felt the same thing when I first watched that ending.
    Spoilers - Christopher Nolan pointed out in the I09 interview that essentially it's irrelevant - the exact quote - "The important thing is that Cobb's not looking at the top. He doesn't care." - also on the topic of how you can hear the totem topple over, he said "This gives Cobb a base-line reality. But he's an untrustworthy narrator." Oh, and the children, looking closely at them? They're different clothes, and different, older children playing them. So sayeth the word of Nolan - "The kids are not wearing the same clothes at the end! And they do age! We were working with two sets of kids."
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Why do people walk out of public showers with their towel around their arm
    I'm gonna be naked in the open public shower in a minute anyway, so why cover it up for the short duration of the walk there and back?
  • At this point I'd just really like my mother to stay out of my business.
  • That cubicle wall and my face have an appointment at high speed soon if this shit doesn't calm down.
  • If you didn't want to fix the big autoclave, why the hell did you let us keep using it?

If you want to make sure people are actually using it, why did you let it stay broken for fucking months and then not announce it when it was finally repaired?
  • @Churba:What Nolan says means nothing.
    I don't really see how that's relevant. It's right there in the film, you can check it out for yourself.
    I don't really see how that's relevant. It's right there in the film, you can check it out for yourself.
    He's just having a laugh, don't worry about it.
  • If you don't know how awesome butchering two pounds of short ribs with a giant knife feels, I recommend you try it out.
  • Joss Whedon Star Wars reboot.
  • Joss Whedon Star Wars reboot.
    Well wishes/hopes?
  • Plan for when I establish a new world order.
  • If you don't know how awesome butchering two pounds of short ribs with a giant knife feels, I recommend you try it out.
    Try taking down the animal (larger than a human for any points) that the ribs came from in the first place. Bonus points for any weapon less powerful than an M16.
    He's just having a laugh, don't worry about it.
    See, Churba gets me.
  • I hope I don't fail.
  • edited December 2010
    Got cash, though lacking style and a girl to make me smile.
    Proposed course of action?
    Worry, be unhappy.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited December 2010
    See, Churba gets me.
    I'll get you next time, Jason!
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Don't fuck with Genghis Khan. Just don't.
  • Got style, though lacking cash and a girl to make me smile.
    Proposed course of action?
    Worry, be unhappy.
  • I'm sure this has been said several times over, but gotdamn we have SO many awesome people that are members of this forum. I've met a decent amount so far, and I want and look forward to meeting more and hanging out with you guys. ^___^
  • Cracked is not funny.
  • I'm sure this has been said several times over, but gotdamn we have SO many awesome people that are members of this forum. I've met a decent amount so far, and I want and look forward to meeting more and hanging out with you guys. ^___^
    I cannot wait to meet people for reals. I've talked to a handful in GeekChats, which makes me wanna meet people more. My mom seems to like the idea of me going to meet people at PAX, so here's hoping I go before I get out of high school.
  • As we all know, the world is carried on the backs of four elephants riding a great turtle.
  • The hall outside my lab smells like a swamp. A swamp full of poop.
  • edited December 2010
    It's 4. Time for a walk before I sink into bottomless despair.

Post edited by WindUpBird on