This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• If by "dive," you mean, "breathe at depth with the aid of a SCUBA system," then I can do that.
    Oh yeah, I definitely can't do that. I am referring to the act of jumping and then landing into the water in a head-first graceful fashion, as per the sport of diving.
  • If by "dive," you mean, "breathe at depth with the aid of a SCUBA system," then I can do that.
    Oh yeah, I definitely can't do that. I am referring to the act of jumping and then landing into the water in a head-first graceful fashion, as per the sport of diving.
    See, I can't do that. Grace and water entry don't go hand-in-hand in SCUBA diving.
  • I haven't tried diving from outside the water in a long time, but I can probably still do it fine. Just diving from the surface is still fun though.
  • I actually prefer to swim underwater than on top. In fact, I find it really hard to swim without goggles.
  • I actually prefer to swim underwater than on top. In fact, I find it really hard to swim without goggles.
    I literally cannot swim (except for Doggy Paddling) without goggles.
  • The only thing stopping me from playing WoW Cataclysm is the WoW part.
  • The only thing stopping me from playing WoW Cataclysm is the WoW part.
    QFT.

However, from seeing bits and pieces of it, the new areas look pretty cool. There is a whole area of underwater leveling where you can easily move around and have seahorses for mounts.

There is also a really awesome Indiana Jones homage quest chain. It's really cool they are finally using those areas in Azeroth that were on the map but could never be accessed.
  • I literally cannot swim (except for Doggy Paddling) without goggles.
    can't just close your eyes? (Or leave them open underwater?)
  • I prefer swimming in Hawaii.
    I know what he's talking about. I can't open my eyes under water either. I used to not even be able to go under without my nose being covered, but now I can manage with goggles. I think it's something you get used to.
  • It depends on the water. I can open my eyes in pools and rivers and for a little while in springs (too cold), but not in the ocean. Contact wearingness is a big factor too.
    I can close them and go thunk against the pool floor or sides or other people who may cross my path, since when I swim underwater I go quite a distance before coming back up. I can't stand chlorine water against my eyes, and if I don't wear goggles I usually come out of the pool looking like I smoked a bucket of weed.
  • I grew up with a chlorinated pool in the backyard, so...
  • Bromine pools ftw.
  • Bromine pools ftw.
    Too fizzy.
  • Bleaurgh. The Nature podcast, for no goddamn good reason, just featured in a story about lab-grown meat a short sound clip of someone loudly, grotesquely chewing. It was hideous and I feel kinda nauseated. Bad form, podcast.

Imagine the worst open-mouthed chewer you've ever had the misfortune to sit near in a restaurant, only isolated and amplified and piped right into your ear from an apparent distance of about half a centimeter.

It's gonna haunt my dreams. Fuck you, Nature. Fuck you.
    I constantly swim into things.
  • My place has a pool, so I can't wait till summer!
  • edited December 2010
    We finally obtained those toy hamsters in a ball that pretty can roll around everywhere and not get stuck.

BEST CAT DISTRACTION EVER.

I can probably watch all three cats interact with this thing all night.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • We finally obtained those toy hamsters in a ball that pretty can roll around everywhere and not get stuck.

BEST CAT DISTRACTION EVER.

I can probably watch all three cats interact with this thing all night.
    I demand video evidence.
  • I really wish I knew how to speak Afrikaans. It's the most unforgivingly brutal language ever.
  • edited December 2010
    I just found out what Purity Balls are. I have come to the conclusion that I am about to acknowledge now.

Purity Balls are super creepy.

Here I present video evidence. Here I present videotapings of the proceedings with an agreeable British woman narrating.

And here, I present that same video again in progSHELL-o-visionTM.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Purity Balls are super creepy.
    Purity balls have been described as "creepy" in reference to their purportedly incestuous undertones.
    Yup.
  • Velocitas Eradico
  • The shower curtain has a rough side and a smooth side. Which side faces inwards towards the shower, and which side faces outwards?
  • I would imagine the smooth side faces inwards, so the water will roll off of it into the tub/shower.
  • edited December 2010
    Smooth-side in = easier to clean and also what Axel said.

Edit: Does it have suction cups?
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Edit: Does it have suction cups?
    No, it has magnets.
  • Edit: Does it have suction cups?
    No, it has magnets.
    Unless you've got ferrous ceramics I don't see the point.