This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Cracked is not funny.
    Yeah, It's a bit Meh a lot of the time. I'll open a month's worth of articles, and only really laugh a handful of times. Also, the time they wrote this big, gloating open letter to MAD because it was starting to fail, and CRACKED was on the up and up was classless and honestly pretty low, not to mention rather arrogant and foolish - Considering that MAD is an icon of American humour, and cracked is just another funny website. They're still playing the catchup game, and no matter how hard they try, they are just never as funny, clever, or famous as MAD.

BONUS - Buried somewhere in my old stuff, I have an old copy of Cracked magazine, from when it was still just a low-rent ripoff of MAD.
  • I am enigmatic as fuck, y'all.
  • The stench in the hallway has adopted a new, more sinister character: as if someone took a dump on top of a big pile of filthy, sweat-dank, stale, mildewing gym socks, then lit the whole mass on fire.
  • Now it just straight-up smells like someone is burning dirty diapers.
  • edited December 2010
    Am I missing something, or is there no way to have two windows open in Windows that are not each half the screen and don't minimize when you click something on the other screen?
    Example: I'm watching a Youtube video while browsing the forums and every time I click a link on the forums my youtube video minimizes.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Am I missing something, or is there no way to have two windows open in Windows that are not each half the screen and don't minimize when you click something on the other screen?
    Example: I'm watching a Youtube video while browsing the forums and every time I click a link on the forums my youtube video minimizes.
    Something's broken, because that's not the normal behavior of Windows. Unless you're talking about the situation with full-screen Flash videos with 2+ monitors, which is stupid and pisses me off.
  • My one concession to OSX fanboys shall always be that Windows sucks at, well, windows.
  • ...and virtual desktops, though OSX is only barely passable in that regard.
  • The amount of homeless ex-meth addict crazy misogynist homeless people in this town is staggering. Four of them were sitting in the Subway where I got dinner.
  • Am I missing something, or is there no way to have two windows open in Windows that are not each half the screen and don't minimize when you click something on the other screen?
    Toggle between them using alt+tab and see if it continues the behavior.
  • edited December 2010
    I have a theory that Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer is actually a story about the Soviet Union's oppression by the capitalist pigs, and the inevitable acceptance of communism by America and the Western world.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • As I'm going through the seasons of The X-Files, it always surprises me to see how many famous actors/actresses that played small roles in that show. (Ryan Reynolds, Jack Black, Jewel Staite, Giovanni Ribisi, etc...)
  • Word on the street is that 4chan had to move servers last night because the Feds were trying to shut it down.
  • edited December 2010
    Word on the street is that 4chan had to move servers last night because the Feds were trying to shut it down.
    Because of Anon's response to Wikileaks or because the government got grumpy at 90% of what hits /b/?

If the latter, they had it coming. If the former, that's slightly scary.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Because of Anon's response to Wikileaks or because the government got grumpy at 90% of what hits /b/?
    I'm guessing a mixture of both.
  • Well, they've always needed better moderation, but the site itself hasn't done any wrong. And moot always works with authorities.

This is deeply unnerving. Where'd you hear this?
  • Well, Anonops.net is still down, and the 4chan blog says nothing of this.
  • I know a /b/ mod.
  • I know a /b/ mod.
    What is the real reason behind this move? Where are they moving to? If not immediately, when is the move taking place? What servers will it effect? Can we get a quote?

Whoa, my journalism training kicked in something fierce just then.
  • edited December 2010
    I know a /b/ mod.
    Ah, right on.

Aside: I just read that the US government is saying that if you're a student who reads Wikileaks now, you might not be able to get a government job in the future. This is very distressing.
    I know a /b/ mod.
    What is the real reason behind this move? Where are they moving to? If not immediately, when is the move taking place? What servers will it effect? Can we get a quote?

Whoa, my journalism training kicked in something fierce just then.
    If you want a break, this could be it! Write a piece, send it to BoingBoing!
  • edited December 2010
    Am I missing something, or is there no way to have two windows open in Windows that are not each half the screen and don't minimize when you click something on the other screen?
    Something's broken, because that's not the normal behavior of Windows. Unless you're talking about the situation with full-screen Flash videos with 2+ monitors, which is stupid and pisses me off.
    Hmmm. Maybe I didn't explain it properly, because this is how windows has always been for me. I'll post a picture to explain what I'm doing.
    I don't want to switch between the windows. I want the video always open.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm a retard. It was because the forums were fullscreen *facepalm*
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • If you want a break, this could be it! Write a piece, send it to BoingBoing!
    Two Words. Finals Week.
  • Aside: I just read that the US government is saying that if you're a student who reads Wikileaks now, you might not be able to get a government job in the future. This is very distressing.
    What did you expect? I made it clear that it is still very much against the law to read these documents.
  • What is the real reason behind this move? Where are they moving to? If not immediately, when is the move taking place? What servers will it effect? Can we get a quote?
    I don't know the specifics, I just had this mentioned to me today. But apparently the server move already happened.
  • edited December 2010
    If you want a break, this could be it! Write a piece, send it to BoingBoing!
    Two Words. Finals Week.
    Aside: I just read that the US government is saying that if you're a student who reads Wikileaks now, you might not be able to get a government job in the future. This is very distressing.
    What did you expect? I made it clear that it is still very much against the law to read these documents.
    I didn't read them. Didn't download them, even. But in a world where the smartest people are the most curious and information is free and flows like water, you stand to kill your best source of future employees by laying down an ultimatum like that.
  • Hey man, I'd be all over this if I didn't have a final in 1 hour and 42 minutes, and two more at 8am and 10am.
  • What is the real reason behind this move? Where are they moving to? If not immediately, when is the move taking place? What servers will it effect? Can we get a quote?
    I don't know the specifics, I just had this mentioned to me today. But apparently the server move already happened.
    I'd be willing to bet that it's just an insurance measure on the part of moot and his staff. If the government wanted heads for something, 4chan would just give them a fat bundle of IP addresses with matching posts.
  • I crave fresh baked cookies. I will now go remedy this.
  • I don't want to switch between the windows. I want the video always open.
    Power Menu
  • edited December 2010
    I don't want to switch between the windows. I want the video always open.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm a retard. It was because the forums were fullscreen *facepalm*
    Maybe you can try something like this.

Edit: Beat by 2 seconds. Wow.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on