This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Most "ceramic" tubs these days are actually glazed and polished steel.
  • That's pretty damn ferrous, but I was referring more to the wall.
  • edited December 2010
    French shepherds who got wounds while on the job used to smear Roquefort cheese on them to avoid gangrene and sepsis. Doctors at the time decried this as charlatanism, despite the apparent absence of gangrene and sepsis in the shepherd community.

Later, after the discovery of penicillin and the discovery that Roquefort mold is indeed a penicillin mold, the doctors quietly accepted the fact that maybe those old shepherds had been onto something.

Similarly, a doctor who noticed that patients who had maggots in their wounds during the civil war would not go on to get septic shock or gangrene began quietly adding maggots from the healthy patients to the near-gangrenous ones, who quickly recovered. Years later, bluebottle sterilization was developed so that maggots could be used for debridement in a hospital setting.

I love serendipitous medical discoveries so much.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I love serendipitous medical discoveries so much.
    Like the guy who did extensive recearch as to why mothers who gave birth in a hospital were far more lilkey to die than those who gave birth at home. After a while he came to this shocking conclusion:

Maybe we should wash our hands after doing autopsies.

Yeah.
    Like the guy who did extensive recearch as to why mothers who gave birth in a hospital were far more lilkey to die than those who gave birth at home. After a while he came to this shocking conclusion:

Yeah.
    I'm facepalming more at the fact people were doing autopsies and THEN delivering babies.

Yeah.
    He was excoriated for that opinion. The medical community hated him.
  • Had another panel idea. A panel on pantsu and why anime has a lot more "adult" things than western animation, even in children's shows.
  • Auntie Anne's Shells and Cheese and chicken hot dogs. Comfort food. Mmm.
  • edited December 2010
    I am nearing 600 calories of pinenut consumption. The rest of my day's intake has been unsweetened English Breakfast tea and frozen whole-grain waffles.

YEAH!

EDIT: DEAR JESUS FUCK WHY

Please do not let this happen to me.
  • I hear that pinenut consumption can lead to possible condition called Pine Mouth, to where you have a bitter metallic taste in your mouth that can last for days.
  • I hear that pinenut consumption can lead topossible condition called Pine Mouth, to where you have a bitter metallic taste in your mouth that can last for days.

As a Spaniard, I have eaten lots of pine nuts in my life. Many many pinenuts. I have never gotten pine mouth.

There are first times for everything, but I'm hoping this is not it.
  • When the world slips you a Jeffery, stroke the furry wall, stroke the furry wall
  • When the world slips you a Jeffery, stroke the furry wall, stroke the furry wall
    I got 48 Cuckaroos. Imma be alright. People love fried chicken.

Now, y'all, y'all are fucked.
    I got 48 Cuckaroos. Imma be alright. People love fried chicken.

Now,y'all, y'all arefucked.
    You can't outrun me! I'M BLACK!
  • I forgot to turn the radiator on last night. Freezing wind has been blowing through my windows all night.

It was so cold this morning that I could not get out of bed.
  • My friend Jessica made a comic about my friend Adam and I in a senpai/kohai-style relationship and it's pretty freaking fantastic. It also features my dog, Hannah-Yoda.
  • It's freezing balls here in Kentucky, or as you guys would say WOMAN.
  • It's freezing balls here in Kentucky, or as you guys would sayWOMAN.
    How many degrees?
  • It's freezing balls here in Kentucky, or as you guys would sayWOMAN.
    How many degrees?
  • edited December 2010
    Bitch, that ain't woman. It's -10 here with 21mph winds, and it still isn't Woman.

Woman is when you need to get warm to avoid dying, but you're primally afraid to go indoors because the partial thaw of your tissues is going to momentarily burn like a motherfucker.
  • It's woman for Kentucky!
  • My coworker starts talking about Andy Gibb this morning. I start playing Bee Gees to enjoy on a normal and ironic level. Right now we're mimicking scenes from Saturday Night Fever and how they spin in circles dancing.

Yes, we are retarded, but laughing.
  • I could send you my "How to Dance Like a Disco Pro" vinyl and corresponding dance mat. ^_~
  • I want to start a religion. The main tenant is that you should try to do your best in everything you do, but if you fall short or your best isn't enough, hey, don't sweat it, just try harder tomorrow.
  • I want to start a religion. The main tenant is that you should try to do your best in everything you do, but if you fall short or your best isn't enough, hey, don't sweat it, just try harder tomorrow.
    I can dig it.
  • edited December 2010
    I think you mean a social movement. You need some kind of dogma for a religion. May I suggest addopting Fist of The North Star as your canon.

And thus the lord spake, "Omaeha mo shindeiru!!".
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Is snowmagedon 2010 a good reason for day drinking?
    Sure.
    Where is there snowmagedon?