This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• That happened to me once, actually. I also thought it was interesting until he got acquaintances of mine to friend him and then started doing shady stuff in my name. I'd recommend reporting him.
  • edited November 2012
    I, apparently, have fangirls. Legitimate, squeeing, fangirls that feel nervous about approaching me at conventions and send me fan-emails.

How/When did this happen?! O.o
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • When someone copies your FB profile, it usually means they think you are popular enough to steal your friends and get enough attention to promote spammy stuff. I forget where I heard this from. Congrats on being popular though! (Unless it is a mortal enemy trying to pull something on you.)
  • Back in 2004 I was at a juggling convention and spotted a sign that said "The Luke, Malte and Bram Fan Club!" I wasn't sure I was the Luke in question, but it turns out I was. There was a group of young female jugglers that not only thought I was cool, but had discussed it enough to actually put the effort into making a sign. I'd been getting fan emails for a while due to online activities, and after people saw me at conventions, but that was the first "real life" fan-type-thing.

That's not to say I hadn't capitalized on being mildly famous before to help with chatting up young ladies. Somehow a fan club sign made by someone I never met meant more, or at least meant something different, than ending up in bed with someone due, in part, to the same attributes.
  • Someone once made a sign with a drawing of me and waited/cheered for me at the airport as I arrived.
  • Mothers don't count, Scott.
    You ruined it. It was Ro. I was trying to make her feel bad.
  • I've signed tens of autographs since 2005.

The best ever was when someone asked me to sign their copy of Burning Wheel. I said I wasn't Luke Crane, and they didn't care.
  • Somebody once threw money at me when I kicked a free on the porch of a coffee shop...
  • I want my book signed by Luke Crane, and I also assume he'll be at PAX East.
    You ruined it. It was Ro. I was trying to make her feel bad.
    Hey, Rym thought it was cool.

• Why should Ro feel bad about it? She should feel awesome. On most work trips there is someone with a sign at the airport, and it always makes me feel important. No cheering though.

Not everyone has the emotional capacity of a robot.
  • Idea: airport tag team.

One person who has a ticket goes through security. As people come off planes, they make quick friends with them and find their name. Then text the name to person outside security who writes it on a card and pretends to be the car service. Then they get in your car...

This started out as a clever prank idea, but somehow only went in a evil direction.
  • I thought it was cool. Scott is just being bitter because I didn't put him in pants on my sign:

http://forum.frontrowcrew.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/100372#Comment_100372
  • I havn't had fans in ten years. :(
  • edited November 2012
    I havn't had fans. :(
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • I haven't had fans. :(
    And I want some. I guess I need to make a shitty YouTube series.
  • I used to have fans... Now I'm all old and decrepit and nobody loves me...
  • I kinda prefer the loner lifestyle. Doing things and knowing people was such a drag.
  • I apparently have fans, its kinda weird when they meet me in person.
  • I know one guy is definitely not a fan of me. He got so impatient with me while I was driving away from the bank today that he got out of his car and yelled at me through my window, pounding several times to make a point. It was dark and rainy so I couldn't easily get a license plate or anything to report him.
  • This is cool:

Status
    Timeline Removed
    Details
    Thank you for your report. The timeline you reported violates our community standard on identity and privacy, so we removed it. We let Luke Burrage know that his timeline has been removed, but not who reported it (Facebook never discloses who submits a report).
  • edited November 2012
    Awesome!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I've got a long way to go to getting my team ready to defeat Red in SoulSilver.
  • Ro Might have see this one around town -

• I've got a long way to go to getting my team ready to defeat Red in SoulSilver.
    I picked up my HeartGold a little while ago and got the last badge. I went to fight Red, and got my ass kicked so hard. I forgot how powerful he was.
  • Shark Week is on Netflix. Now every week can be Shark Week.
  • If I had the time and a proper joystick, I'd love to actually get involved with the DCS and LOMAC flight sims.

• edited December 2012
    I just realized PETA might have protested Pokemon Black and White 2 not because of the fantastic dog and cock fights, which would raise the obvious question of why they waited damn near 20 years, but because of Team Plasma. Plasma is pretty much a more militant version of PETA, so they may have seen that as a commentary on their organization, and not appreciated it.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on