This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Jeff Rubin interviewed the host of Legends on his podcast and iirc the kids all got a walkthrough of the temple before the show and STILL sucked at it.
  • Jeff Rubin interviewed the host of Legends on his podcast and iirc the kids all got a walkthrough of the temple before the show and STILL sucked at it.
    That's like failing at Zelda 1 with a map and a FAQ.

OH WAIT.
    You know, this reminds me of the story I heard that when most game shows go searching for potential contestants, they almost never pick the ones who are smartest or otherwise the most skilled at whatever the game show's premise is (trivia, word puzzles, shopping, physical challenges, etc.) because having the less skilled contestants on the show actually results in a more entertaining product for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if some of that went on here.
    That's like failing at Zelda 1 with a map and a FAQ.

OH WAIT.
    You still need some skill with the controller, even if you have the map and FAQ. :) Then again, as I just mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if these contestants were chosen partly because they weren't skilled enough to do well on the show.
  • That's like failing at Zelda 1 with a map and a FAQ.

OH WAIT.
    You still need some skill with the controller, even if you have the map and FAQ. :) Then again, as I just mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if these contestants were chosen partly because they weren't skilled enough to do well on the show.
    Except it was the Omegathon finals.
  • Except it was the Omegathon finals.
    Wait. WHAT!? It's one thing if you're just some random punk kid (or old geezer) trying to play Zelda... but the freakin' Omegathon finals? Epic fail indeed.
  • Except it was the Omegathon finals.
    Wait. WHAT!? It's one thing if you're just some random punk kid (or old geezer) trying to play Zelda... but the freakin' Omegathon finals? Epic fail indeed.
    They did it, but they did it POORLY.
  • edited February 2013
    This is bullshit. Why do rats get the Singularity first? Yeah, something that breeds crazy, can spread disease, eats everything, can get goddamn everywhere, and give that thing a hive mind. Nice going, scientists.
    Post edited by Banta on
  • Tiny cute little zergs. Dear God, Me Am Go Too Far!
  • Fuck you internet and your lack of Superman bedding sets. This is far more difficult to locate than it should be.
  • Now this is how you really recruit new students.

• Now this is how you really recruit new students.

This video is so old. It's also lame and not funny. Why so popular?
  • Because it's hilarious.
  • edited March 2013
    I'm pretty sure you've missed the point, Scott. I'm not surprised you don't find it funny, though, it doesn't really fit your taste in humor.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Scott also doesn't like Archer.
  • How does that work?
  • How does that work?
    Ask Andrew, he's the robot expert.
  • I don't really find Archer that funny, although I understand the appeal. :/
  • edited March 2013
    I don't really find Archer that funny, although I understand the appeal. :/
    I'll admit, I don't exactly think of it as enormously funny, either. But, it's not bad, and I still watch it from time to time, because it does have some clever moments, and some unexpected laughs. It's good, but I don't personally enjoy it as much as some.

Edit: I generally enjoy it as a palete cleanser, is the best way to put it. If I'm watching something, and I switch to something else, I'll throw a little Archer in the middle. Or I'll use it when breaking in between seasons of something, if I'm binging on a show.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • To Archer's credit, it is not painful to watch like some other things. It's just not all that funny.
  • edited March 2013
    There have been local Landtagswahlen (think state senate) here where I live. My homestate has been dominated by the far right party FPK which evolved out of the Jörg Haider created BZÖ (Haider is probably know to anybody caring about international politics). They had a very strong showing in 2009 picking up almost 45 percent of the vote.

Anyway, today is a different story. The FPK dropped to only 17.4% of the vote, losing 27.5% of the vote from 2009. Instead the center-left party SPÖ gained 8.5% of the vote from 2009 becoming the strongest party at 37.2%, and the Greens gained 6.3% for 11.5% of the vote. The center-right ÖVP got 14.5%, remaining 3rd strongest despite losing 2.1% of the vote from 2009. The corporatist newcomer party Team Stronach also picked up 10.5% of the vote, and a delegation of the national BZÖ (the FPK is a splinter fraction which decouple from the BZÖ and put itself under the national FPÖ) also picked up 6.3%.

Anyway, this is very good news here.

Also, voter turnout is over 70%, which is also a great number.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Saw this funny pic.

• edited March 2013
    The Dawn of War one is incorrect heretical, there was a quite specific cover mechanic whereby hiding in a crater would give you a defence bonus that was actually rendered. In DoW2 you could even tell your guys to get behind low walls.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited March 2013
    I recall my troops being shot to shit despite their "cover bonus." The same thing happens in Company of Heroes.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I recall my troops being shot to shit despite their "cover bonus." The same thing happens in Company of Heroes.
    Cover protects, absolute cover protects absolutely... unless the other fellow has Armour piercing ammunition.

• Dawn of War 2's implementation is actually pretty fun. Light weapons are the ones most effected by cover, but a heavy weapon will pierce most walls, and some weapons will even end up creating cover in the crater aftermath. And angles matter incredibly at times.
  • Despite the fact that I have seen my friends do MXE, MDMA, Ecstacy, and just about everything short of meth, for some reason seeing an eighteen year old smoking a cigarette is unnerving to me. I really can't justify this, but I thought I ought to say it somewhere anyway.
  • This is Heresy. Space marines only take cover behind the God-Emperor's omnipotent grace.
  • This is true in the implementation of tactical armor. Those units just walk through cover and get no defensive bonus from it. Regular marines and scouts can get a little benefit from using a position though.
  • This is true in the implementation of tactical armor. Those units just walk through cover and get no defensive bonus from it. Regular marines and scouts can get a little benefit from using a position though.
    The question is - Is it possible for an Imperial Guard unit to get a cover bonus by taking cover behind a Space Marine?

• I'm not positive. When I played Imperial Guard were not a faction.