This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I think things like Morbus and The Hidden could be explored more, focussing on changelings and a single super powered enemy.
  • Canadians.
  • It would be like killing plaid wearing bunnies.
  • The Plaid Canadian Bunny Invasion Force has taken the White House, are you a bad enough bro to slice them?
  • The Plaid Canadian Bunny Invasion Force has taken the White House, are you a dude enough bro to slice them?
    FTFY
  • One of the examples in the Listening book for my level 1B (little to no English) class was "Take these cans of Soylent Green to the cafeteria at [address]."
  • I think I just chewed out some corporate executive for not being useful at all.
  • http://gamethenews.net/index.php/my-cotton-picking-life/
    Damn, this has really opened my eyes
    Cotton doesn't weigh much.

• Holy shit that whole site is dedicated to games like that ahahha oh lord
  • Why don't we pay people to pick cotton? We had enslaved black people picking it, then indentured servants, now uzbeks. Why not just pay these people? Even less than minimum wage?
  • http://gamethenews.net/index.php/my-cotton-picking-life/
    Damn, this has really opened my eyes
    I can top that #NSFW

Now when mentioning Rock, paper, scissors this should also be included for a joke.

• I've been backing up some video's onto dvd's since my backup drive is pretty full and the fact that I can fit a whole season of Game of Thrones in 720p onto one dvd really makes me question Blu-Ray even more; Its especially interesting since many Blu-Ray players can read data discs/flash drives. I know 1080p is better, but unless I had them side by side I doubt I could tell much difference. And yes I know about compression and whatnot, its just a thought.
  • I've just realized that this is my most reading intense school year yet. I've been assigned 18 books, and still have two to go in as many months, and I've read as many of those as I've read in my last four years at Latin school -- assigned or otherwise.
  • Why so many? Are you in like all literature classes or something?
  • English 11, reachback English, Ms. KP's US history, ms KP's American Foreign Policy. I should note that this doesn't count the legendarily large packets she gives us.
  • Do you know how fucking hard it is to find Irish tartans?
  • Planning the new album.

• It makes me SO happy that you guys are still doing this.
  • According to Reddit, NSFW tags are a form of "censorship". I wish I had some kind of eye-rolling smilie to properly express my opinion on this.
  • The Dalai Lama, myself, and 3,000 of our closest strangers. A lot of cats are home alone today.
  • Today's discovery of someone else's programming fail:
    1. Creates a list object
    2. Names it queue
    3. Uses it as a stack
    *Sigh*
    We all got a good laugh out of that in the office. Reading mobile game developer's code is occasionally enlightening, but often just hilarious.
  • Hey, a list is a perfectly reasonable implementation of a stack. A stack is also basically just a LIFO queue. Maybe I need more details here, but I don't see what's wrong based on your description.
  • "Names it queue" would be the biggest problem here.
  • Yeah. If you want to use a list as a stack, that's fine. Naming it queue is, in fact, the issue.
  • edited May 2013
    But a stack is a LIFO queue (the two terms are synonymous), though I'm being pedantic here. Most people generally assume a plain-old queue is a FIFO queue, so I can understand why there may be some ambiguity there.

Out of curiosity, do you know if English is this particular programmer's first language? Maybe they called it a queue, thinking in terms of a LIFO queue, because the more common English term "stack" didn't come to mind?
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • This is one of those programming cases where I feel like getting a laugh out of it is just kind of pretentious in itself.
  • Naming conventions are important, especially when other people are trying to understand your code. People who have taught themselves programming and so don't stick to conventions make life harder for everyone working with them.
  • This was just in either C# of Javascript, so it just seems like a lack of understanding of naming conventions. Also, if they want stack functionality, the thing they want isn't a queue. A queue implies first-in, first-out mentality, stack implies first-in, last-out mentality. It's not rocket science.