This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I hate questions like this on forms
    Describe a time when you had to assume a leadership
    position and learned something new about yourself as a
    result.
    because I never have anything that fits the criteria and can share with them. My first reaction was "oh, I could use that time when [REDACTED] had a bad trip and I had to call an ambulence and make sure he didn't get hurt during his seizure," but that doesn't make me sound like the 'upstanding role model' that they're looking for. Alternatively, I could use some time when a group project in school fell apart and I had to do all the work, but everyone's going to be writing that so I'll be forgotten. BLURGH!
  • Nooooo, it's happening! I finally got suckered into playing a Dota/Moba game.

It's... it's so fun. Fuck everything! FUCK EVERYTHING
  • Komm Susser Todd into Gangnam Style is some special kind of musical whiplash.
    LINK ME TO THIS
  • It was random playlist shenanigans. Someone with better audio skilz than myself will have to make a true mix of the two.
    LINK ME TO THIS
  • It was random playlist shenanigans. Someone with better audio skilz than myself will have to make a true mix of the two.
    Hmph...

I can make it happen. Might not do it soon, but I can do it.

• It is kind of hard to find a hedgehog plushie, that is actually cute.
    Mr. Pricklepants says otherwise
    Mr. Pricklepants says otherwise
    FTFY, because this is important.
  • *cough cough*
  • edited April 2013
    Speaking of Sonic, this weekend one of my Japanese students asked me if Sonic was an American character.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Speaking of Sonic, this weekend one of my Japanese students asked me if Sonic was an American character.
    Nah, Americans suck at making mascots.
  • Fun tip of the day: Label the meat in your freezer with women's names and let the shenanigans ensue.
  • Speaking of Sonic, this weekend one of my Japanese students asked me if Sonic was an American character.
    No, he was created by Sega in 1991, long after Sega's originally Hawaiian roots became pretty much dead and gone.

• It wasn't that he was familiar with Sega trivia like that, he was genuinely unaware that Sonic is a Japanese thing.
  • It wasn't that he was familiar with Sega trivia like that, he was genuinely unaware that Sonic is a Japanese thing.
    Yep, Sonic was created by Sega programmer Yuji Naka.
  • It's amusing a bit dumb that the main Role Playing thread and Board Games Thread begins with emotional junk.
  • Professional sports confirm it's okay to be gay; in other news

• In more important news, you should learn to use imgur and not hotlink your images.

• edited May 2013

What I meant to post earlier.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • And in even more important news, why the hell were you hotlinking funnyjunk anyway?

• And in even more important news, why the hell were you hotlinking funnyjunk anyway?

Was on my phone cut me some slack. Had a hard enough time finding a link that WASN'T Flickr.
  • Writing my final for my Studies in Literacy Class. I may reference Geeknights in my paper, because the essay is about applying game design to common activity. (I'm choosing cooking, naturally) Reading Schell's The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses was much more entertaining and insight than I thought, so I think it would be interesting to quote the people really gave me that first taste of game design/theory/thought.
  • Loaded a standee of World War Z for a theater in Memphis at UPS last night. It's coming.
  • World War Z would have been a great movie to come out, I don't know, a decade ago.
  • I'm so fucking done with zombie anything. You look at the Screenshot Saturday stuff that goes up and every third game is zom-something. I like classic zombie flicks as much as anyone but for fuck's sakes do something else. Shoot vampires or something!

Besides, zombies are really just a weird sort of power fantasy baddie anyway. They are human shaped, but not alive so you don't have to feel guilty about killing them, they aren't really actually threatening to anyone capable of a brisk walk or swinging a baseball bat, but the bite thing allows circlejerks about "HARD MEN MAKING HARD DECISIONS", it's really just kind of a gross fantasy in general. Come up with a better way of justifying the unleashing of ordinance against human-shaped targets, maybe even explore some actual moral territory with it?
  • It may be the zombies with humans who are themselves immune, removing the fear effect of infection and turning them into cannon fodder.
  • I want more wolf man now that would be cool. That or mummies I feel that there are not enough mummy games/books.
  • Zombies are popular for games because you can get away with more violence in lower rated titles. Violent Zombie games can sometimes pass for T games if the Zombie's are depicted in non-human, non-gory ways, allowing for it to reach a wider audience than the rated M games.

It's bullshit, but it's the truth. Also, they're popular.