This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Watching Churba on The Daily Show.
    Wat.
    Liam Hemsworth. Which was surprising.
    super wat.
    Watching Churba on The Daily Show.
    Which guest is the Churba-alike? I need to watch this.
    Here you go.
  • edited August 2013
    Couldn't stop being reminded of you the whole time. True story. He's like my mental version of you with dark hair.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • I get James Dean from time to time, but that's a new one. And I won't say I don't like the comparison.
  • Thanks for playing in the Card Hunter Beta. We hope you have been enjoying your experience with the game.

To further thank you for your support, we're sending you some Card Hunter Beta keys. Please give these to your friends or anyone you think might like to check out the game and help us steer it in right direction.

To use these keys:

Send your friend one of the keys you can find below.
    Tell them to use the key to register a new account at https://accounts.cardhunter.com/register using that key.
    Remind them that the game is still in Beta and that their progress will be reset before we go live.
    Let them know that they can buy pizza and spend it in Beta, confident that it will be re-credited when we launch.
    THE KEYS:

ZNRW-CQZH-CXRL
    QXCZ-YXZH-ZHQS
    NNRZ-TCTS-NKLP
    Remember, if you've been playing the game and have any feedback, please let us know on our forums.

Thanks again for playing our game.

- The Card Hunter Team.
  • edited August 2013
    QXCZ-YXZH-ZHQS
    This looks pretty interesting, so I've swiped up this code. Looks like the third one has been too, but not by me.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Looks neat. I grabbed this key: ZNRW-CQZH-CXRL
  • Fucking hell, SBS knows how to advertise their shows.
    Yeah SBS media / advertising department has a lot of younger people coming through.
  • I'm having some trouble deciding exactly what I want to do degree wise. I've already decided on Electrical Engineering and I'm very happy with it, and even though I just finished my first year I already almost have a math minor, but I want to do something more. I'll probably go for a 5 year masters because I'll still graduate at the same time (reduced co-op) but I'm still considering a double major or something.

I'm a little anxious to get everything sorted out but I love having all these options. College is infinitely better than high school, and I already liked high school.
  • I'm a little anxious to get everything sorted out but I love having all these options. College is infinitely better than high school, and I already liked high school.
    You've already made the correct choice of identifying that you are good at math and have moved into a course and college / university with broad options. My brother ended up doing a double degree in Chemical Engineering and Financial Advisor or something.

Never the less he worked as part of a Tax R&D department for a multinational for his first job which lasted less than 6 months, then as a chemical engineer for just over a year and is now working as a Software Engineer for the last few years.

Do not do my mistake and go into a course which allows only 1 unit out of a 6 year course to be an elective. This pigeon-holed my immature self into being a Veterinary Surgeon which is the highest educated but lowest paid profession with the worst hours and an oversaturated employee base with no flexibility in terms of job choice.

The difference being my brother is 4 years younger than me has 4 times more time off than me, isn't stressed and has a much more secure job and money flow then me.
  • Doing some busywork, and writing an argumentative essay against raising the drinking age in Australia from 18 to 21. Saw an opportunity and took it - the opportunity being to make a scholarly citation regarding one suggested explanation for extreme examples of bad teenage behavior. So what did I chose to cite?

Motherfucking demonic posession.

Because that's how I ROLL son.
  • Any choice quotes?
  • My friend and I just started a movie podcast. The internet groans with "uuugh, ANOTHER movie podcast on the internet? How exCITING."

Except we eat salad while we talk about movies so it's totally different.
  • My friend and I just started a movie podcast. The internet groans with "uuugh, ANOTHER movie podcast on the internet? How exCITING."

I'm 9.5 minutes in and I'm already confused.

I'm 9.5 minutes in and I'm already confused.
    Oh, that's just the commercial break!
  • edited August 2013
    Any choice quotes?
    Not really, it's all pretty boring. I'm just taking joy in citing something absolutely weird.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I'm having some trouble deciding exactly what I want to do degree wise. I've already decided on Electrical Engineering and I'm very happy with it, and even though I just finished my first year I already almost have a math minor, but I want to do something more. I'll probably go for a 5 year masters because I'll still graduate at the same time (reduced co-op) but I'm still considering a double major or something.

I'm a little anxious to get everything sorted out but I love having all these options. College is infinitely better than high school, and I already liked high school.
    As someone on the other end my advice is to do what you enjoy. Not sure how the Masters system matches up to the UK one but of my friends who do science based Masters all are finding it hell so watch out.

• I only go to Best Buy to drop off computers and parts for recycling.
  • edited August 2013
    Okay - Some people are still complaining about Peter Capaldi being in Who and Torchwood before he became the doctor. This is stupid, and here's 16 reasons:

-Colin Baker appeared in the 5th doctor series, as a time lord who tries to kill the doctor, before coming back as the sixth doctor.

-Bret Vyon came back as a different character who became a companion.

-They re-cast Romana as someone who was in a previous series.

-Mark from The Lazarus Experiment showed up in The Wedding of River song as someone else.

-John Levene was in three different roles.

-Wilf, Donna's grandad, was previously a major character in one of the Dr Who films.

-Martha Jones was in a previous named speaking role, in an episode in the 10th doctor's run. Fun facts - Martha Jones is the cousin of the previous character she played, who was killed off.

-Martha Jones's mother was in a previous episode as someone else, and so was Martha's dad.

-Amy Pond was not just in a previous series, but was in Fires of Pompeii with Capaldi. Funny how people forget that.

-Peter Purves had a role, before returning in a different role as a companion.

-Gwen from Torchwood appeared previously as a different character, including hints back to the previous role.

-David Troughton was in Four episodes as four different people.

-Geoffery Palmer shows up in three, two third doctor and one tenth, as different people.

-Tosh from torchwood was two different characters in the whoniverse.

-Graham Cole played SIX CHARACTERS across three doctors.

-Michael Wisher had a bunch of roles in the show before playing Davros.

And that's not even close to being a full list.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • People complaining about who plays the new Doctor before they even see him play the role are stupid. Period.
  • Got a spider chilling out on my shoulder. Not sure how I feel about that.
  • edited August 2013
    Got a spider chilling out on my shoulder. Not sure how I feel about that.
    Bodyguard against mosquitoes. He's got your back.
    Post edited by Nuri on
    Keep him and love him. We have one in our bathroom and polices the fuck out of it. His webs are out of the way there are no flies in the house (despite how much my alovera plant attracts them) and is small enough that people don't notice him. The dude is also hard as nails, he keeps the corpeses of larger spiders on display as a warning to others.

• Too late. Flicked him off my shoulder. I think he landed on someone by accident though, oops.
  • SaltyBet is pointless, but addicting.
  • Too late. Flicked him off my shoulder. I think he landed on someone by accident though, oops.
    Find him!
    SaltyBet is pointless, but addicting.
    You say that but I just spent most of today on it.

Keep him and love him. We have one in our bathroom and polices the fuck out of it. His webs are out of the way there are no flies in the house (despite how much my alovera plant attracts them) and is small enough that people don't notice him. The dude is also hard as nails, he keeps the corpeses of larger spiders on display as a warning to others.
    Your spider is my new favorite spider.

• I was about to post that. Good job, Sonic.