This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I'm really glad he sent me a book before this happened. I hope he does well with whatever it is he's trying to do now.
  • Important news from the Oscars: we can keep making jokes about Leonardo DiCaprio for another year.
  • I started playing Eve Online again with Goonswarm.
  • I started playing Eve Online again with Goonswarm.

That's the only sane way to play that game.

• I wanna give it a try again. I enjoyed the free time I had but I stopped for a few weeks then just couldn't remember what the fuck I was doing. I was playing with the Giant Bomb clan/guild/whatever.
  • Looking for new pillows. Any suggestions?
  • edited March 2014
    Wyatt said:

Looking for new pillows. Any suggestions?

I got these bad boys.

Z by Malouf 100% Natural Talalay Latex Zoned Pillow, QUEEN-HIGH LOFT-PLUSH

For some reason amazon won't link properly. I got high loft firm, not plush.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • That's a lot of pillow. Do you need special pillow cases, and did you get the Encasement Protector thinggy as well?

http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Tite-ENCASE®-Encasement-Protector/dp/B006RHLHSY/ref=pd_bxgy_hg_text_y
  • Wyatt said:

That's a lot of pillow. Do you need special pillow cases, and did you get the Encasement Protector thinggy as well?

http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Tite-ENCASE®-Encasement-Protector/dp/B006RHLHSY/ref=pd_bxgy_hg_text_y

I did not get that protector. It comes with a fuzzy protector thing. Indeed regular pillowcases are a tiny bit short, but I just deal with it.
  • edited March 2014
    Not the NSA, but apparently the CIA has been hacking the computer networks of Congressmen tasked with overseeing their operations.

Edit: Apparently the committee had been forced to do a little bit of hacking of their own, since the CIA was blocking every "legitimate" method they could use to get the documents they needed.
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • It wasn't until I landed in Chigago that I really realized that I'm going to be moving to a foreign country for quite a while.
  • Apreche said:

Wyatt said:

Looking for new pillows. Any suggestions?

I got these bad boys.

Z by Malouf 100% Natural Talalay Latex Zoned Pillow, QUEEN-HIGH LOFT-PLUSH

For some reason amazon won't link properly. I got high loft firm, not plush.
    Dang son. I've had down pillows my entire life, so this looks like the crazy space-age tech. The description mentions back-sleeping though; are they good if you sleep on your side?
  • I have that pillow. It's good stuff. As for pillow cases, just get a full body one and hem it down.
  • edited March 2014
    I realized two things after posting that:

1. The material in that pillow most likely is space age technology, or at least was developed and refined by similar people in similar industries.

2. "Space age" really isn't a good synonym for "futuristic" anymore. It reminds me of "cutting" (short for "cutting edge"), a slang term in Tad Williams' Otherland that referred to old fogies.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Standard is the same price as the Queen size. Why would anyone buy the standard.
  • Marmalade!
  • I just want to scream to some of my friends: "Harley Quinn is not a role model!"
  • Nukerjsr said:

I just want to scream to some of my friends: "Harley Quinn is not a role model!"

I think I want to meet your friends.
  • WWHQD?

A bit verbose but I could get into it.
  • Just remember that if someone asks you WWJD that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip are within the realm of possibility.
  • Is that from when he casts the money lenders out of the temple or something? 'Cause I read the New Testament and I don't remember that.
  • Greg said:

Is that from when he casts the money lenders out of the temple or something? 'Cause I read the New Testament and I don't remember that.

Yep. I don't remember if it was literally described as flipping tables and chasing people with a whip, but it's often portrayed as such in movies.
  • Hmm I wonder WWJD in that situation?
  • edited March 2014
    Matthew 21:12: Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

The whip is up for debate but at least in the NIV version he flips tables. Also in the KJB.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • edited March 2014
    "MY DOVES!! Fuck you Jesus, that was my entire dove inventory!"

Deal with it.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Well, everyone is always complaining about pigeons, he was just doing his civic duty.
  • Jeez there is some verbal warfare from Australian Bombcast listeners. There is a fight between whether you can wear flip flops ("thongs") everywhere or just the beach. People seem to think Brisbane is a land of rednecks, Sydney hates Melbourne (along with Perth and Brisbane), Melbourne hates Sydney, and Perth is trying to chime in as a minority. It's chaos.
  • edited March 2014
    Well, that's the way it always goes. Sydney and melbourne hate each other, Brisbane doesn't care that much but talks shit back to Sydney and Melbourne (they hate Brisbane even more than each other) because they're talking shit and you can't just leave that lie, Perth...I actually don't know what Perth thinks. Tasmania's irrelevant, Adelaide has taken a massive leap forward and is now only stuck in 1989, and everybody hates Canberra, including Canberra.

I wish they'd shut the fuck up about thongs, though. Christ.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Good to know that hatred of different parts of your own country is a global phenomenon. :)
  • Good to know that hatred of different parts of your own country is a global phenomenon. :)

Honestly, I really like hearing about and investigating that sort of thing, because the way that different parts of different countries hate other parts of the same country(mostly in a friendly way) is always similar, but the dynamics of each and why it's the case are always different and distinct.