This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Did anybody post this yet? If so my bad.

Post edited by Gold Experience on
  • I'm sorry for the repost but a 75 page thread makes it hard to be absolutely sure.
  • edited September 2011

Golddave
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • Showed Dragonshy to a friend of mine (and his friend) since they were curious about ponies. They spent the entire time cracking jokes and at the end concluded they would rather sit in a dark room and stare at the wall for 22 minutes than watch another episode.

• People like that are always so fun. I once tried to DM a game (by someone's request) at his house. Only two of the four people that were there were even willing to try to play. The other two insisted on "watching" despite my protest. There was also a fifth guy playing Everquest in another room constantly popping out to tell everyone what loot he got. The whole thing ended up being a waste of everyone involved's time. I'm sure they "could" have enjoyed the game, but the overall feel was that nobody wanted to try.
  • I have had the same experience with DMing and showing some people MLP. One of my D&D groups does almost nothing but dick around and it took months to convince them that D&D isn't the only game in the world. CP2020 FTW! I showed two of my friends sonic rainboom after we finished gaming and one of them just couldn't get over the fact that its my little pony and everything was a joke. This is also a guy who refuses to watch anything with subtitles or a plot that don't have at least one fart joke. My other friend is hooked and were trying to catch him up for the new season.

Quick note. Sonic rainboom is not the best first episode. What does episodes do you start someone off with and what did you start with? I personally started with the first but I knew going it that I should give it a few episodes.
  • This is also a guy who refuses to watch anything with subtitles
    So, why are you friends with him? ;^)
  • This is also a guy who refuses to watch anything with subtitles
    To make a random assumption, probably the same reason why Mort from KC Green's Anime Club comics still has friends: There's maybe five nerds in the entire area, so losing one of them makes it tough to play games and shit.

I'm just glad I both found a good gaming group outside of my circle of friends, and have awesome friends. There but for one choice...
  • edited September 2011
    Rainbow Dash eating invisible corn on the cob

Link for HUGENESS
    Post edited by Gundampilotspaz on
  • edited September 2011
    This is also a guy who refuses to watch anything with subtitles
    To make a random assumption, probably the same reason why Mort from KC Green's Anime Club comics still has friends: There's maybe five nerds in the entire area, so losing one of them makes it tough to play games and shit.

I'm just glad I both found a good gaming group outside of my circle of friends, and have awesome friends. There but for one choice...
    In short he is a cool guy but can drive you insane. I really need to get a better gaming group. This one is mostly people who are half interested but not committed to learning. I go to a game design school though so I have more than a few choices for gaming groups. My school has a staff only D&D; 3.5 group. I love my school. ^_^

Anyways this isn't about ponies so as a consolation and thank you for your wasted time, here is a picture of fluttershy being cute.
    Post edited by DK1105 on
  • RymRym
    edited September 2011
    I'm generalizing, but this seems to be a common problem among geeks. Unless they live in a large city or luckily near a concentration of geeks, they end up maintaining what amounts to geekery-only relationships with anyone within an x-mile radius who geeks the things that they do. Not friends really, but bodies who, aside from any other factor, will do the geeky thing they do with them in some fashion.

If you truly want a good group of geeky friends you need to form friendships that include your geekeries without being dependent entirely upon them. This isn't possible if your available pool is too small, and you'll end up being "friends" with people you wouldn't spend five minutes in a room with were it not for the fact that the happen to also "play D&D.;"

My advice is simple. If you're looking for a good group to get your geek on with, do one of the following:

1. If you're in high school: just wait until college and form a group there.
    2. If you don't go to college, check out the local colleges for a steady supply of geeks. If there aren't enough nearby, move.
    3. If you're out of college and don't live near a large geek population: move.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited September 2011
    I'm generalizing, but this seems to be a common problem among geeks.
    I think this is a problem for everyone that does anything that requires more than one person. I imagine you hear about geek sufferers more because you interact with geeks a lot.
    Post edited by Xefas on
  • I'm generalizing, but this seems to be a common problem among geeks.
    I think this is a problem for everyone that does anything that requires more than one person. I imagine you hear about geek sufferers more because you interact with geeks a lot.
    And the answer is to move somewhere (if you can) where there are people with like interests forming a pool from which to form real friend groups.
  • And the answer is to move somewhere (if you can) where there are people with like interests forming a pool from which to form real friend groups.
    I actually plan to, whenever its financially feasible for me to do so. I guess other people have their reasons why they don't. 'course, I was going to leave Texas regardless, just to get away from the weather. I hear that in New York it sometimes dips below 85 in the Fall. And the rain isn't hot there. That'd be nice.
  • ...the rope-play knowledge and brony talk in this thread has pleased me.
  • Scootaloo in an episode as a mini rainbow dash... Season 2 can't come soon enough.
  • I shit you not. If you click this link here, you will be able to watch a minute or so of spoilerific real footage from Season 2.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/09/my-little-pony-season-two-clip/
  • I shit you not. If you click this link here, you will be able to watch a minute or so of spoilerific real footage from Season 2.

Is there a YouTube copy of this? Can't watch it on mah phone :(
  • edited September 2011
    I shit you not. If you click this link here, you will be able to watch a minute or so of spoilerific real footage from Season 2.

Is there a YouTube copy of this? Can't watch it on mah phone :(
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fSBKKPjfNA

The Star Trek SubReddit is claiming it is him.
    Post edited by Robyn Chaos on