This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• I have a feeling the MLPodcast would bode very well to a geekery audience be interested in seeing what you guys come up with, either an episode by episode breakdown or a mythos interpretation of the show.
  • WAIT, I just remembered something. The regular non-pony animals definitely do it like normal. That's why there were all the new baby bunnies that Fluttershy had to herd and count.
  • edited February 2011
    Adorable. What are their names? Fireball and Bolt?
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Have we seen male ponies other than Big Macintosh?
  • Yes the two not so bright pony boys that wake up ursa minor.
  • And the guy that Apple Blossom tried to sell apples to, and a few of the Wonderbolts, and the guys that make fun of Rainbow Dash in the Sonic Rainboom episode... yeah, there are a lot of them. Just not main characters.
  • Adorable. What are their names? Fireball and Bolt?
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Ponyta and Blitzle.

Just sayin'.
  • Totally getting a Blitzle and naming it Zecora.
  • Ahh didn't know they are pokemons.
  • And the guy that Apple Blossom tried to sell apples to, and a few of the Wonderbolts, and the guys that make fun of Rainbow Dash in the Sonic Rainboom episode... yeah, there are a lot of them. Just not main characters.
    Don't forget Dr. Whoof.
  • Just watched the apple picking episode. WTF, Twilight Sparkle can teleport? Sickness.
  • edited February 2011
    We don't really know the extent of any family except the Apple family. Even then, the family tree is full of gigantic holes. Nobody has any parents. There are siblings, grandparents, one newphew, and one aunt. The only adult pony that isn't elderly is the mayor.
    Actually according to Lauren Faust all the ponies excluding the obvious Colts and Fillies that do not have Cutie Marks are Adults with varying maturity levels. Ponies such a Rarity and the Mayor are very mature while ponies like Pinkie Pie are immature.
    Post edited by Robyn Chaos on
  • Oh yeah if you want to piss off certain Bronies on /co/ say that Ponies lay eggs.
  • edited February 2011
    The pegasus/unicorn breeding question is an interesting one. One possibility is that it is possible to have pegacorn offspring, but Celestia secretly prevents this from happening.
    This goes in line with Rarity being punished for daring to have wings.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Just watched the apple picking episode. WTF, Twilight Sparkle can teleport? Sickness.
    She could teleport in the second episode.
    I missed that. What part?
    That should have been really useful when she was hanging off the side of a cliff.
    That should have been really useful when she was hanging off the side of a cliff.
    I thought the same thing.
  • Or in place of the godawful "leap of faith" in episode 15.
    I thought the same thing.
    That's EXACTLY why I said what part, lol. I think everyone was thinking the same thing!
  • MTG:MLP edition.

• I have a feeling the MLPodcast would bode very well to a geekery audience be interested in seeing what you guys come up with, either an episode by episode breakdown or a mythos interpretation of the show.
    If My Little Podcast isn't taken, that would be a sweet name for the show.
  • Okay, so in our creative writing class everyone had to bring something special to them and briefly talk about it. Well, someone brought a toy her niece gave her from her happy meal. What was the toy? A tiny Twilight Sparkle. So she brings it out of her purse and, immediately after I recognize what it is, without even thinking, I exclaim, "Oh, cool, a little Twilight Sparkle."

Everybody turns there head and looks at me like "what the fuck?" And the girl who is showing it says, "How did you know what this is? I didn't even know what this was."

So I'm like "It's fucking Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony."
    "You watch My Little Pony?"
    "Fuck Yeah! My Little Pony is a good show!"
    "But you're a guy."
    "It's funny and entertaining as hell! Why you gotta be so sexist? "

Needless to say that shut em up.
  • Thanks Sonic for giving me the mornings first laughs and good story.
  • Okay, so in our creative writing class everyone had to bring something special to them and briefly talk about it. Well, someone brought a toy her niece gave her from her happy meal. What was the toy? A tiny Twilight Sparkle. So she brings it out of her purse and, immediately after I recognize what it is, without even thinking, I exclaim, "Oh, cool, a little Twilight Sparkle."

Everybody turns there head and looks at me like "what the fuck?" And the girl who is showing it says, "How did you know what this is? I didn't even know what this was."

So I'm like "It's fucking Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony."
    "You watch My Little Pony?"
    "Fuck Yeah! My Little Pony is a good show!"
    "But you're a guy."
    "It's funny and entertaining as hell! Why you gotta be so sexist? "

Needless to say that shut em up.
  • Sonic that is awesome.
  • There is an old pegasus pony in the Sonic Rainboom episode. All ponies age the same (excepting Celestia's kin).
  • If you want to do a facepalm, search for MLP:FIM toys on Amazon. They look nothing like the show. It's like all the ponies got bashed in the head at the toy factory.