This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• edited February 2011
    A pretty great article I saw Daryl Surat share over Google Reader: Solidarity is Illusion: The Political Economy of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • It seems the Mc Donalds near my work isn't carrying the toys. They have lame fairy barbies and some kind of hot wheels toys. Blah
  • Hasbro has all of you by the balls (or ovaries).
  • edited February 2011
    A pretty great article I saw Daryl Surat share over Google Reader: Solidarity is Illusion: The Political Economy of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    That article is awesome. Just as awesome is the Deviant Art account that the article links to.

http://equestria-election.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Damn, I never considered the Earth Ponies to be Proles.
  • I think the major problem with this episode is that a significant percentage of the time in the episode is just Rarity singing.
    I enjoy the songs, to be honest. They're well done. "Winter Wrap Up" has randomly been stuck in my head all day!
  • Damn, I never considered the Earth Ponies to be Proles.
    The thing she misses out is the earth ponies all have double the skills of the pegasi and unicorns.
    I think the major problem with this episode is that a significant percentage of the time in the episode is just Rarity singing.
    I enjoy the songs, to be honest. They're well done. "Winter Wrap Up" has randomly been stuck in my head all day!
    Winter Wrap up might be the best song, but that's not saying much.
  • Funniest scene - Just saw the episode about the practical jokes. After aborting their prank on Fluttershy you can see her idly batting the fake turtle head.

Not sure why, I just laughed at that. =)

They are really good at adding the little touches in this show, tiny little scenes and super quick facial expressions that you can often miss if you are not paying attention, especially just as they change shots.
  • Fluttershy brings lots of good humor in the show. I think that one the funnies scenes (maybe the funniest) is the opening for the Sonic Rainboom. Also the scene with Fluttershy has stuck to my mind as a extremely funny scene.
  • So is the new episode on the Internets yet...
  • edited February 2011
    Craving for your fix, I see.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Craving for your fix, I see.
    Gotta watch something during dinner.
  • new episode SD quality

• edited February 2011
    I generally download from links on rs.4chan.org. That youtube one is up pretty early, though; I guess it will do.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I have usually waited the week to see HD-quality one on Youtube, but because you people pushed me to right directions, I could start watching this show on time so I wouldn't be week late in everything.
  • Fluttershy brings lots of good humor in the show. I think that one the funnies scenes (maybe the funniest) is the opening for the Sonic Rainboom. Also the scene with Fluttershy has stuck to my mind as a extremely funny scene.
    Fluttershy has massive amounts of Moe.
  • new episode SD quality

Watched it on tv. Nopony else was home at the time so no questions yet but I've set up the DVR to record the series.
  • Ahahahaha... Staremaster.
  • edited February 2011
    One of the funniest episodes so far, in my opinion- especially Scootaloo and Applebloom arguing, the Three Stooges carpentry routine, and Rarity being speechless at the end of the episode.

Sweetie Belle's gospel skills are probably going to come back next episode, which has the Cutie Mark Crusaders entering a talent show.
    If you look during the scene we're the ponies are chasing the chickens, Scootaloo's wings disappear for most of the scene, which is a massive error that I'm surprised made it through to the finished episode.
    Fluttershy gets another 5 badass points for the way she ponies up at the end of the episode.
    Also, surprised/scared jaw-drop at [spoilers] Twilight turned to stone in the Everfree Forest. At first I thought it was something non-Twilight to scare Fluttershy, but then I was "wait, how the fuck are they going to get her back?" Lauren gets mad props for including that in a kids' show.[/spoilers]
    Overall, I found that the Cutie Mark Crusaders alternated rapidly between being annoying and funny, and I'd rather have episodes that focused more on the main six than them. But it was still a good episode.

Extra thought: Fluttershy can stare down anyone. Even robots, or even Golgo 13.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • What is Rarity's and SweetieBelle's accents?
    I believe the term is "Posh".
    That's safe as fuck.
    I'm not quite sure how, I though Posh was more british. I was placing it in like New England High Society or something.
  • Has anyone else noticed that Fluttershy's rabbit is a jerk?
  • Has anyone else noticed that Fluttershy's rabbit is a jerk?
    I know, right? It's... actually not that surprising that a nice pony like Fluttershy takes care of a jerk like Angel (yes, the bunny is named Angel).
  • Angel is the best non-pony.
  • What's that cutie mark?
  • What's that cutie mark?
    4Chan.