This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• If you want to do a facepalm, search for MLP:FIM toys on Amazon. They look nothing like the show. It's like all the ponies got bashed in the head at the toy factory.
    What the fuck is this shit, Charles?
  • What the fuck is this shit, Charles?
    And why does it come with a squirrel and a wagon? It should come with a cloud and some goggles.
  • It's sad that the McDonald's toys stick to the original design but the Hasbro toys do not.

• Not really that much better.
    Not really that much better.
    They're not that bad, especially for a freebie. They're at least recognizable. I think that we're just spoiled by the high quality PVCs we're used to.
  • They're not that bad, especially for a freebie.
    They're not free. You have to buy, and presumably eat, a Happy Meal. Might as well be $100.
  • I love that you guys are complaining that toys meant for under 8 year old children are not to your level of quality...
  • Wait, why is Princess Celestia pink?
    Who the fuck is Cheerilee?
  • Pinkie Pie toy needs to be able to strike her pony-fu poses.
  • Pony Revoltech.
  • The MLP Playset isn't that bad.

Also, seriously, WTF you nerds.
    The School Teacher. A lot of people were mad that it was her and not Luna.
    The School Teacher. A lot of people were mad that it was her and not Luna.
    If they were simply going based on appearance in episodes, it should have been Spike or Apple Bloom, or *gasp* Big Macintosh.
  • edited February 2011
    I want the Zebra witch-doctor.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • *gasp* Big Macintosh.
    What is it with you and that pony?

• edited February 2011
    Scott's in love with the Big Mac.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • What is it with you and that pony?
    Scott likes 'em big and dumb, eh? My friend Justin (he's a bear) refers to his partner as his "big dumb animal."

Just sayin'.

The slumber party episode was very unnecessary. I hope it's the weakest in the show, because that shit was painful.
  • I hope it's the weakest in the show,
    It was. The best episode so far is the Sonic Rainboom.
  • Man, they should of added Big Macintosh just for name purposes. I really don't see why not. And I have officially watched the first two episodes. This show is rather hypnotic with how it pulls you in. Perhaps it's because it is a rare, recent show that can perfectly appeal to kids and adults.
  • I watched the Sonic Rainboom episode last night and realized one thing. In the episode Suited for Success, everyone was dickish towards Rarity and in the Sonic Rainboom episode Rarity was the dickish one. The show balances itself.
  • I watched the Sonic Rainboom episode last night and realized one thing. In the episode Suited for Success, everyone was dickish towards Rarity and in the Sonic Rainboom episode Rarity was the dickish one. The show balances itself.
    Yeah, it definitely seems like they are actively trying to give all the characters equal screen time.
  • Yeah, it definitely seems like they are actively trying to give all the characters equal screen time.
    I don't just mean characters getting equal screen time, but one of the greatest things in the show is how it isn't afraid to make main characters opposite each other. Every episode doesn't have external antagonist and even in some episodes witch do the main focus is in the conflict between main characters.
  • main focus is in the conflict between main characters.
    Well that's the point because each episode ends with Twilight Sparkle sending Celestia a letter about what she learned about friendship. But yes, I like how they are going about it with the series.

I really enjoy the Rarity Suited for Success episode. It made me like/appreciate her character more. It threw me offguard when the ponies said they didn't like her original outfits. I was like "WTF? How could you not like them? They look awesome! Aren't you guys supposed to be friends and open minded?" Then I realize where they were going with it.
  • edited February 2011

It threw me offguard when the ponies said they didn't like her original outfits. I was like "WTF? How could you not like them? They look awesome! Aren't you guys supposed to be friends and open minded?" Then I realize where they were going with it.
    I thought the same exact thing. Flutershy was wicked funny though with her scathing critique.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on

• It threw me offguard when the ponies said they didn't like her original outfits. I was like "WTF? How could you not like them? They look awesome! Aren't you guys supposed to be friends and open minded?" Then I realize where they were going with it.
    I thought the same exact thing. Flutershy was wicked funny though with her scathing critique.
    Everyone thinks the same thing.

I think the major problem with this episode is that a significant percentage of the time in the episode is just Rarity singing. They were just chewing up the minutes, singing that thing two times. I really don't like any of the singing in this show. The singers are actually kinda good, but the music itself is not catchy or memorable. The song from the "epic" AMV and the actual theme song are the only memorable music I relate to this show. Even the Pinkie Pie song everone likes, I don't like.
  • Is this thread still going?
    Yep....Deja Vu?
    You have answered your own question by posting that.
  • You have answered your own question by posting that.
    How hipster of you, Luke.