This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Is it streaming now? I'm checking all the various links on EQ Daily but they are showing PMVs and there is a counter counting down for the next hour.
  • Just checked the HUB, they're not playing any new ponies. It seems to have been moved to 10.
  • Ponies were moved to 10AM a few weeks ago.
  • RAINBOW DASH FAN CLUB.

RUN BY SCOOTALOO.

Yeah, that just happened.
  • It's now canon. Rainbow Dash is best pony.
  • I totally called who Mare do Well was. Also, B:TAS reference!
  • Yeah, that episode made me not like Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo even more so.

It was amusing, but RD seems like just a one trick pony with being obnoxious and overzealous.

I did laugh when RD did the worm.
  • It's now canon. Rainbow Dash is best pony a huge bitch.
    Wasn't this basically a rehash of the Trixie episode?

• Rainbow Dash is Captain Hammer?
  • It's now canon. Rainbow Dash is best pony.
    This. And Scootaloo second best.
  • edited November 2011
    I hate raining on parades but that was a flat, stock kids' show episode to me. Most of the wordplay and intentional jokes were very bland and rote. The action scenes got repetitive and there wasn't much character development. It felt like we were moving through plot points rather than watching organic developments in a world and the moral was forced. Maybe I was just expecting too much out of the premise. Oh well, it was a new writer and there's always next week.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • The plot was a stock kids' show episode about learning humility, yeah. And it played up Rainbow Dash's boastfulness a lot for the sake of the moral. But the episode still had its moments. I thought Mare-Do-Well's design was pretty cool, and seeing Scootaloo leading a Rainbow Dash fan club was a fun moment. We got to see a few more locales around Ponyville, including a dam. And Pinkie's Pinkie Sense was finally referenced again.
  • I thought that episode was great. Sure, stock children's plot, but I thought it did a great job with the characters.
  • The plot was a stock kids' show episode about learning humility, yeah. And it played up Rainbow Dash's boastfulness a lot for the sake of the moral. But the episode still had its moments. I thought Mare-Do-Well's design was pretty cool, and seeing Scootaloo leading a Rainbow Dash fan club was a fun moment. We got to see a few more locales around Ponyville, including a dam. And Pinkie's Pinkie Sense was finally referenced again.
    A Dam? Who's mom did we see?
  • I thought this episode wouldn't have any material for RFE, but then we saw a hydroelectric dam.
  • Oh finally..a MLP episode i disliked. The overall jokes and plot fell flat on their face for me. Also, why is a hydroelectric dam and a construction yard doing around ponyville, it could just be me being a sucker for the medieval/magic atmosphere but they felt extremely jarring. A standard episode for the kids.
  • edited November 2011
    Oh finally..a MLP episode i disliked. The overall jokes and plot fell flat on their face for me. Also, why is a hydroelectric dam and a construction yard doing around ponyville, it could just be me being a sucker for the medieval/magic atmosphere but they felt extremely jarring. A standard episode for the kids.
    Oh, you mean the medieval atmosphere with record players, electric fans, fog machines, and complex lighting rigs for stages?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • The herd is dispersing. This episode seems to be embiggening my former-brony army.
  • edited November 2011
    Nah, I liked all of the other episodes this season. There haven't been any new top 3 home run episodes for me, but most have been better than S1 average. This was a new writer and on this show individual writers do their scripts more or less in isolation. The problem could be either the "new" or just the "writer."

I think you were a lot more bothered by the addition of a handful of more clearly adult-targeted jokes and visual fan callout gags to each episode than the rest of us. I don't think they add much but I don't think they detract much either.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • I thought this episode was clever. It took me up to the end of the dam sequence to figure out the ending.
  • Nah, I liked all of the other episodes this season. There haven't been any new top 3 home run episodes for me, but most have been better than S1 average. This was a new writer and on this show individual writers do their scripts more or less in isolation. The problem could be either the "new" or just the "writer."

I think you were a lot more bothered by the addition of a handful of more clearly adult-targeted jokes and visual fan callout gags to each episode than the rest of us. I don't think they add much but I don't think they detract much either.
    I concur, i personally loved the last episode with the pet, and all the other episodes were solidly written. Shaoworc has just somehow turned into a rather pessimistic pony :P
    While i disliked this episode, it was just a step above other episodes in S1 i was rather neutral about, like Feeling Pinkie Keen.
  • I thought this episode wouldn't have any material for RFE, but then we saw a hydroelectric dam.
    Magitec
  • edited November 2011
    I did not see this posted here yet

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • I did not see this posted here yet

Funny, neither have we.
  • edited November 2011
    I did not see this posted here yet
    broken embed
    I still haven't seen it
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • The way I felt about this episode was kind of mine with the last one. I was liking it a lot at first, then it started to fall down, and then the ending picked it up for me again. I see Rainbow Dash not only getting a big ego from the heroic praise she gets, but probably because she realized she had HER OWN FANCLUB. And it wasn't like the turn against her was as sudden, as the (some) of the townsponies were getting tired of her stuff. I think it could have been wrapped up better with the ending, but I did like how a lot of things were explained and PINKIE SENSE IS CANON. :D

I thought the Animation was fun on the episode too. You had all the set pieces with the dam, collapsing building, the cliffs, and Rainbow's movements. And I'd even say some of the jokes worked too. It's average by MLP standards for me.
  • Something Sonic might appreciate:
  • Ha! That is fantastic.