This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• That song was far from the quality of any first season song for me.
  • "May the Best Pet Win!" has overtaken "Winter Wrap-Up" as my choice for best song in the show.
    That song was far from the quality of any first season song for me.
    Really? I haven't been able to get it out of my head.

• This was may favorite episode of the new season since Discord was defeated by far.
  • That episode was objectively quite good, the Canterlot visuals in particular were amazing, but I had to force myself through it because I absolutely cannot stand "web of lies" plots.
  • That episode was objectively quite good, the Canterlot visuals in particular were amazing, but I had to force myself through it because I absolutely cannot stand "web of lies" plots.
    I usually hate the moment of resolution in those because those moments feels always really awkward. This episode avoided it lucky by just ignoring Rarity's lying ways.

• Fluttershy plushie on ebay, yea.
  • Okay, so on the subject of the game, I talked to the team and here's how it's set up to work.
    Quoteth the Project leader
    "Oh, that's an add on much much much later on
    People will be able to choose clean or dirty on their own free will
    Two sperate games in a way.
    Yeah, I didn't want the adult version either, but a lot of people do so we decided to make it separate.
    I'm not comfotable making pony x pony action, but I can accept things I don't like and do them."

So it's not GONE gone, but at least the good game with be released long before the BAD part.
    This is the correct way to do it. Release the "clean" version first. Release an add-on later on that adds "dirty" mode. Charge a premium for it, because OMG WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?

• And I think they also debunked how all Royals/Nobles are unicorns, since some of the ponies were just regular. (Though it was only female ones, I noticed)
    Oh, they are just the trophy wives. Not married for their capabilities.
  • edited December 2011
    I believe I've found another regeneration of Doctor Whooves - look at this pony from the latest episode. Popped up in several shots, this was just a particularly good view:

A fair resemblance to the Second Doctor, with the same hourglass cutie mark as the previously seen Doctor Hooves. Acknowledgement, perhaps? For reference, the Second Doctor: image
    Post edited by Tesla on
  • I wish it was wearing a fez or stetson.
  • http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-4-most-unexpected-fan-bases-in-pop-culture/
    This article implies that anyone who watches MLP:FiM should feel ashamed, is afraid of real people, and will grow out of it eventually. It makes no mention of the show's content, and focuses only on the general reactions to it. Obviously the author hasn't watched the show.
  • Yo, so I present some proof about the Scott Rubin Law of Winning the Internet.

So, over on Spacebattles.net there were some guys doing an MLP/Warhammer 40,000 fusion worldbuilding thread. As a huge 40k fan, I was like, sure, ok, lets see what they are doing.

Turns out their idea of a fusion setting was to make it exactly like Warhammer 40,000, but everyone had four legs and was filled with puns. It was just such an example of lazy, uninspired hackery that it inspired me to do a better job. So I bought a notebook and started some worldbuilding, then wrote up about two thousand words worth of fanfic and posted it as "Commissar Courage, Hero of the Imperium!"

Their worldbuilding thread stopped dead. Everyone in it came over and commented speculatively in my thread instead. In a gap in my updates the thread got two more half-hearted posts, but the moment I updated again it stopped.

He who does the work wins the argument indeed.
  • edited December 2011
    Yo, so I present some proof about the Scott Rubin Law of Winning the Internet.

So, over on Spacebattles.net there were some guys doing an MLP/Warhammer 40,000 fusion worldbuilding thread. As a huge 40k fan, I was like, sure, ok, lets see what they are doing.

Turns out their idea of a fusion setting was to make it exactly like Warhammer 40,000, but everyone had four legs and was filled with puns. It was just such an example of lazy, uninspired hackery that it inspired me to do a better job. So I bought a notebook and started some worldbuilding, then wrote up about two thousand words worth of fanfic and posted it as "Commissar Courage, Hero of the Imperium!"

Their worldbuilding thread stopped dead. Everyone in it came over and commented speculatively in my thread instead. In a gap in my updates the thread got two more half-hearted posts, but the moment I updated again it stopped.

Did they at least mention lauren Faust as the immortal god-empress?

Oh and has that Tiberium Wars fic updated? I haven't checked in ages.

Edit: Apparently not. nevermind.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • Yo, so I present some proof about the Scott Rubin Law of Winning the Internet.

DAMMIT! I'm on a school computer and they block the site. I assume that you deserve this:
  • You can confirm it yourself when you get off the school computer. I can't accept an internet just being handed out all willy-nilly :P
  • Hannucolt!
  • I think the ponies are starting to affect my brain. I've actually been having dreams about new episodes of the show (created entirely within my warped little mind) that are "darker and edgier" than what's on and explore what happens beyond the bounds of Equestria. Maybe I need a break from the ponies...
  • edited December 2011
    [accidental double post]
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • dress.mov
    Not as good as apple.mov.

• I love hotdiggidydemon so much.
  • edited December 2011
    Hannucolt!
    She's not a colt, she's a filly. Unless, of course, Rainbow is not telling us something important.
    But seriously...that picture...EEEEeeeeEE! (Must show loltsundere....)
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-4-most-unexpected-fan-bases-in-pop-culture/
    This article implies that anyone who watches MLP:FiM should feel ashamed, is afraid of real people, and will grow out of it eventually. It makes no mention of the show's content, and focuses only on the general reactions to it. Obviously the author hasn't watched the show.
    Also, that article? Middle-aged women reading gay romance novels surprises no one in the anime community. Yaoi yaoiyaoi.
  • dress.mov
    Not as good as apple.mov.

Can't wait for the rest though. I love the John K. style ponies.