This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• I've already got a lanyard. The most important part of a lanyard, is length, durability, and comfort. Silk rope. Oh yiss.
  • Is it a pony lanyard? I was just thinking about durability as well as length, along with making it adjustable length if you want it shorter. Perhaps also adding a clasp if you want to attach it to your shirt so it doesn't flop around.

I was already thinking of using the sock yarn with the color schemes of the Mane Six that I already have and using that. There may be an issue with durability, but it is sock yarn, so it can be durable if taken care of properly.
  • It they weren't glittery, I'd be on those in a second. I HATE glitter.
  • If you make them, you can put me down for a Fluttershy lanyard.
  • Silk catches on everything. Cotton is a better choice.

Ro, have you considered knitting I-cords or doing fingerloop braids? Fingerloop braids would be the easiest way to incorporate multicolors.
  • Silk catches on everything. Cotton is a better choice.

Ro, have you considered knitting I-cords or doing fingerloop braids? Fingerloop braids would be the easiest way to incorporate multicolors.
    Yeah, I was actually dabbling with the idea. There are certain striping yarns with pony themed colors that would work with i-cord.

I'll have to look into fingerloop braids. I've never done multi-colored crochet so I don't know what it would look like.
  • I have a ton of embroidery floss that works AWESOME for fingerloop braids. OOOH, maybe I should bring some to PAX E! It is a fast a super-portable craft.
  • I just did some quick research on fingerloop braiding. That would totally work and it looks very cool.
  • edited January 2012
    Pony biology is weird. Is it like giving it like giving birth to redheads?
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited January 2012
    Pony biology is weird. Is it like giving it like giving birth to redheads?
    At least it explains Princess Celestia and such. After Hearthswarming a pegasus and a unicorn must have gotten it on with a tiny chance of making a pegacorn. Thing is, without a magical origin, it leaves only the phoenix to explain the immortality.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I just want to say with the manliest voice ever that, "The was the cutest episode yet"
  • You can also go with the idea that Mr. Cake was covering something up. Swingers baby, yeah! You really think they were catering all night with that giant cake?

• That was fast.
  • I just want to say with the manliest voice ever that, "The was the cutest episode yet"
  • edited January 2012
    To pinch from The Incredibles;
    "...and you got Bizzay!!"
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • Wow, that episode took a sudden left turn into Creep Boulevard.
  • edited January 2012
    Ok, do the ponies not worry about getting worms, e.coli ect? I mean dude changed a poopy diaper with his MOUTH! Then he washes his hooves?

Also this episode is gonna get the fan fic writers with diaper fetishes all hot and bothered.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • All the fanart.

• edited January 2012

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Some of those teens are awesome. The ones that say you can't be a man and like girl stuff make me rage. They are clearly insecure in their own masculinity.

Also, what is up with only showing the opening theme and not the actual show? I call bullshit. None of the good stuff about the show is in the opener.
  • Also, what is up with only showing the opening theme and not the actual show? I call bullshit. None of the good stuff about the show is in the opener.
  • This made me mad too. Some of these girls and guys are really jerky about gender roles. I think it is precisely because they are not secure in their status, especially because they are teens. It wasn't just the men, because the girl was like "I wouldn't date a guy if he liked My Little Pony, I want someone tough!"
    I am fine if they are like the one tall black kid, who doesn't really understand it or have interest in it, but is like "do your thing, I am not gonna hate on you for what you like."

That is one thing I like about the MLP phenomenon. It raises the issue of how gender segregated entertainment is, and also how much shit men get for liking things perceived as feminine. I actually think it is harder for a boy to like "girl things" than a girl to like traditionally masculine things.
  • That episode is definitely a top contender in my "favorite Pinkie Pie" episode.
  • It is becoming increasingly hard to find pony episodes from season 1 on the internet, especially youtube. The teens react made me look for a way if such episodes were easily available in any form, and the lack of ease made me question Hasbro's decision to take down episodes from youtube. How are prospective and curious people be introduced to the show then?

MLP exploded via youtube in the first place, and the lack of exposure to the public episodes wise, is surely going to hurt in the long run

• It is becoming increasingly hard to find pony episodes from season 1 on the internet, especially youtube. The teens react made me look for a way if such episodes were easily available in any form, and the lack of ease made me question Hasbro's decision to take down episodes from youtube. How are prospective and curious people be introduced to the show then?

MLP exploded via youtube in the first place, and the lack of exposure to the public episodes wise, is surely going to hurt in the long run
    Just found the newest episode on YouTube in one search full HD.
  • edited January 2012
    It is becoming increasingly hard to find pony episodes from season 1 on the internet,
    Just found the newest episode on YouTube in one search full HD.
    And so I ask peoples of the forum, can you spot the difference?

Edit: Though not to discredit Scott too much, I did find the first episode from season one is about 3 seconds.
    Post edited by Jordan O. on
  • Edit: Though not to discredit Scott too much, I did find the first episode from season one is about 3 seconds.
    Also, while Youtube is definitely more user friendly it is not the only option.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2012
    I actually think it is harder for a boy to like "girl things" than a girl to like traditionally masculine things.
    If you were a guy, you would actually find that it is hard to like things aimed at a feminine audience. However, the tactic I take, being that I face that kind of pigheaded stupidity from a couple of my friends who have an irrational case of "haters gonna hate" about MLP: FiM, is to just not care and do your own thing. However, if this show came out when I was in high school and I had to deal with that shit, I would be lying if I told you that it is easy to do that and hold your head up high, because a lot of the time it isn't.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • They said to do My Little Pony with KIDS REACT, NOT TEENS REACT. And you can't judge it just off the intro. But, lol the absurd hatred and the brony comments.
  • I actually think it is harder for a boy to like "girl things" than a girl to like traditionally masculine things.
    If you were a guy, you would actually find that it is hard to like things aimed at a feminine audience. However, the tactic I take, being that I face that kind of pigheaded stupidity from a couple of my friends who have an irational case of "haters gonna hate" about MLP: FiM, is to just not care and do your own thing. However, if this show came out when I was in high school and I had to deal with that shit, I would be lying if I told you that it is easy to do that and hold your head up high, because a lot of the time it isn't.
    Gender bias and stereotyping in america is, i would daresay, much stonger than in most other first world countries, even if other countries, say japan, is often cited by americans as lacking advancement in "woman rights". Is this due to decades of media consumption/and or religious influence, i cant say. MLP FIM has really highlighted this fact nevertheless

But throwing all this conjecture at the reactions of teenagers is pointless really, and as this forum itself has shown, the more grownup people are, the more cool and level everything becomes. Mostly.