This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Oh god. I just noticed this is in the Pony thread. Yeah it's 4 AM and I had way too many tabs open.

MY BAD.

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Really tempted to have a my-little-pony themed birthday party tomorrow... or at least a pink cake with pinkie pie on it.
  • I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

• I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    I'd think you'd be a proponent of this, seeing as the goal in the game is to murder as many dragons (or 'ponies') as you can.
  • edited January 2012
    The opening of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island with Baby Cakes.

I want to keep on living on this planet a lot more for the time being, Andrew. :P

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • My birthday cake...

• The cake is supposedly pink inside... but it'll be another hour before it gets cut.
  • Jesus is so a brony.
  • I now know what I want my birthday cake to be.
  • I'm glad the best pony was chosen for the cake, but how did it taste?
  • edited January 2012
    Like sugar. Lots and lots of sugar. It was a pretty good cake... but it was sweet.

Edit: Or like chopping pinkie pie into twenty little pieces and then eating them. That's probably the better answer.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • I am searching pretty hard for the closest bakery that can make that vegan. My wife or I could cook a decent cake but not the picture.
  • The picture is from some sort of edible image printer. And while it's apparently edible, it doesn't taste particularly good. So I just kinda scooted it off any particular piece before I ate it. Cost me $5 for the edible image part.
  • Oh, maybe all I have to do is find that part vegan and do the rest myself. It would probably not be that hard to find that vegan since most all decoration type things for cake are vegan anyway. Thanks for that information.
  • I wish I did that for my 26th.

Anyway, I drew a pony that doesn't suck!
  • edited January 2012
    looks like I am way behind now on the Ponies. But i am trying to be good and watch it legally on hub on demand, but they release the show so slowly that way. I just saw the Christmas episode by chance and spikes birthday episode. Have not seen the pony apple cakes yet. Wishing it was on Hulu at least. They maybe taking down season one episodes due to the release of the first four episodes on DVD at the end of February. They want people to buy the DVD and not watch it on You-tube. I going to buy it to show some support. Not the wrong color celestia doll. Guess I just have to watch Phineas and Ferb, at least I get Disney and it on Netflixs.
    Post edited by sailorvista on
  • You know it's also posted on YouTube almost right away, right? I think all the episodes are up. HUB has made no demands that they come down either.
  • You know it's also posted on YouTube almost right away, right? I think all the episodes are up. HUB has made no demands that they come down either.
    Hasbro or someone using Hasbros name has taken bunch of the episodes down. So older episodes might be there or they might not be there.

Hasbro or someone using Hasbros name has taken bunch of the episodes down. So older episodes might be there or they might not be there.

it was Hasbro, confirmed
    the episodes still come up though and they get re-uploaded when taken down, it's hardly difficult to find them
  • http://www.tvguide.com/News/My-Little-Pony-Love-Lucy-Video-1042050.aspx

Lucy reference in the next pony episode. Also, yet another instance of honest Applejack keeping a secret and not being honest.

Lucy reference in the next pony episode. Also, yet another instance of honest Applejack keeping a secret and not being honest.
    There was no indication that Applejack was lying there. Keeping a secret and lying are two different things.

There was no indication that Applejack was lying there. Keeping a secret and lying are two different things.

A honest person gives a truthful answer when asked a question, especially such a straightforward one.

A honest person gives a truthful answer when asked a question, especially such a straightforward one.
    Even a hones person can decide that it's a personal matter and simple no is a lot more honest than a answer of lie.

• Again, I think they just flubbed with the Elements. Rainbow should have been Honesty, Applejack should have been Loyalty.
  • I think it's a bit of realism seeping into Equestria. Of the elements: laughter, honesty, kindness, charity, and loyalty, which is the hardest to maintain? I'd say either honesty or loyalty.
    Which is the most likely to lead to more friendships ending? Honesty or possibly laughter.
    Now, you can make a case for any of the other elements but it seems that honesty is always the first sacrifice made on the altar of friendship. We hide our thoughts and shut our mouths if we feel it is unkind or that it would somehow be viewed as being disloyal or uncharitable.

And it's not an all or nothing requirement to represent the elements of harmony. If that were the case, then they'd have all lost the elements when Dischord greyed them.

I do agree that AJ and RD could be swapped and I think it would be an interesting story arc: how the dynamics change, personal struggle with loss of one role and acquisition of another, character development in a new direction. I don't think a "kids show" would try such an ambitious and nuanced storyline though.