This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Are we sure they only showed the intro? I question why that one teen was so into it if that was the case. And yes, Kids React would likely have made for more favorable reviews, and I suspect they picked teens so they could do the same old reliable "omg, effeminate men" schtick with it.

You know what, though? There's been a surge of new fans on the Youtube "intake" videos today. When your product is really good and easily available, any publicity is good publicity. And that was a fairly typical cross-section of people's initial responses to hearing about the show. We should be used to it by now.
  • Gender stereotypes are bullshit.

I managed to get the new graduate geologist to download it. I caught him whistling winter wrap up whilst going about our work yesterday.
  • I've gotten two more of my friends to at least watch them with me, although I haven't converted them hard enough to get them to watch on their own. But I am, however slowly, spreading the magic.
  • Hrm... cannot determine whether want or do not want on this:

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=4-Little-Ponies-of-the-Apocalypse-Long-Sleeve-T

Bought the original before MLP:FIM existed... don't really wear it anymore...
  • edited January 2012
    So the ponies CAN interbreed. Interesting.

And Windupbird, I so wanna see the aunt's face at that declaration.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • That is awesome, WUB.
  • Recent FB discussion about Baby Cakes.

• note: Rarity and Twilight said baby unicorns are prone to bursts of magic. That explains Pumpkin Cake's activity.

note: Pinkie Pie put the babies to sleep without diapers on after she failed at diaper changing. Ew.
  • I was very pleased when they showed Mr. Cake washing his hands hooves after changing the babies.

Granted, he manipulated dirty diapers with his mouth. I can't begin to express how unsanitary that is. Still, +1 to the show.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2012
    I just found out that an Etsy seller that I bought this totally sweet Dr. Whooves dice bag from...

...has finally reopened her store after months of it being shut down. There isn't much on it now, but I can guarantee that she'll have a lot more up very soon (judging on how she operated her store back when she had it open months before).

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Mitchi

I totally recommend anyone who is both a tabletop gamer and brony to buy one of these. They're really high quality dice bags and I give them my seal of approval.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I was very pleased when they showed Mr. Cake washing his hands hooves after changing the babies.

Granted, he manipulated dirty diapers with his mouth. I can't begin to express how unsanitary that is. Still, +1 to the show.
    I don't care, I'm wearing full HAZMAT to change diapers when I have kids.
  • edited January 2012
    Post edited by Apreche on

I don't care, I'm wearing full HAZMAT to change diapers when I have kids.
    Word to the wise, if you are changing a boy's diaper, do not open it all the way at first. Open it only partially then close it after a second. They WILL PEE.

• edited January 2012
    Okay, this dodgy knockoff is too hilarious not to share with you all.

Also, seeing someone turn up to an MLP-focused convention or event dressed up in My Lovely Horse cosplay would be fucking hilarious, even if only for the blinding, frothing, incandescent rage it would produce in some bronies.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I think it's hilarious how there's clearly pony rip-off art on the box...and no pony inside.
  • I think it's hilarious how there's clearly pony rip-off art on the box...and no pony inside.
    From when I saw the package, it seemed there was actually a tiny little key-chain sized knockoff pony. Like a troll doll sized kinda thing.

• I actually believe there is some sort of MLPFIM tabletop? I believe it was a twist on a tabletop called Savage Worlds. Now im not sure how well Savage Worlds holds up to the community here, but have any of you guys tried this?
  • New Episode Synopsis

Episode: Hearts and Hooves Day
    Summary: The Cutie Mark Crusaders make Miss Cheerilee and Big Macintosh fall in Love.
    Air Date: February 11, 2011

OMG, incoming clop fannon! Watch out! Danger Danger!
  • About time they expanded Big Macintosh's character beyond "that pony whom goes 'eyup' all the time".
  • About time they expanded Big Macintosh's character beyond "that pony whom goes 'eyup' all the time".
    He did go "NOPE" once.
  • edited January 2012
    After the last couple episodes, I'm really hoping "The Last Roundup" has something. The next couple summaries don't sound particularly promising. Looking back, it seems like Fluttershy features prominently in a lot of the "adventure" episodes. I want to see ponies vs. danger at least once in a while.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • edited January 2012
    About time they expanded Big Macintosh's character beyond "that pony whom goes 'eyup' all the time".
    He did go "NOPE" once.
    Twice, in fact. He also had real lines in Applebuck Season, but nobody remembers that one.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Twice, in fact. He also had real lines in Applebuck Season, but nobody remembers that one.
    It just doesn't add up.

• edited January 2012
    Twice, in fact. He also had real lines in Applebuck Season, but nobody remembers that one.
    It just doesn't add up.
    Don't use your fancy mathematics to muddle the issue.

In other news, I may have taken a jump down the slippery slope and started working on a fanfic last night. May Celestia have mercy on my soul.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • If your using Celestia as a deity, something tells me you've already slid a fair way down.
  • edited January 2012
    I just did a little digging into the background of one of my voice actresses. The one playing Applejack played Kanae Sumida in the BangZoom! dub of "5 Centimeters Per Second" as well as a slew of other anime and video game roles. So that makes two professional voice actresses on our team. Nice.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • The Oatmeal has the best animated gif on his page.