This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• I've been told that what we call "apple cider" in the US is just "apple juice" in the rest of the world.
  • Mac would have the patience to put up with Fluttershy's... shyness. And he's quiet as well, so not much would need to be said (or he just says the bare minimum). I could see it, I suppose.
  • I've been told that what we call "apple cider" in the US is just "apple juice" in the rest of the world.
    It's juice. From apples. Nothing has been done to it.
  • We did witness the process from start to finish in the episode. In this case, they were using "Apple Cider" in the american term.
  • Still didn't stop me from referring to Ponyville citizens as incredibly dedicated alcoholics. Seriously, that much angst over not getting a flagon of goodness?
  • If it was alcoholic it was not very strong. Like only 1-2%. It would have fermented less then 24 hours since they were making it daily.
  • I think Rainbow Dash was being ridiculous about it. I mean, if she really tried, she could have gotten in line early enough. Eating dirt: 20% warmer.
  • I think Rainbow Dash was being ridiculous about it. I mean, if she really tried, she could have gotten in line early enough. Eating dirt: 20% warmer.
    Applejack is her friend, right? Just ask her to reserve some for you.
    It turns out that they're all paid by Celestia to act like friends whenever Twilight's around and they actually secretly hate each others' guts.
    It turns out that they're all paid by Celestia to act like friends whenever Twilight's around and they actually secretly hate each others' guts.
    Pinkie Pie probably wouldn't know the difference.
  • If it was alcoholic it was not very strong. Like only 1-2%. It would have fermented less then 24 hours since they were making it daily.
    Unless they spiked it with something like vodka. I agree its ridiculous though. And why was Rainbow Dash, the fastest pegasus in Ponyville, so consistently towards the back of the line?
  • Unless they spiked it with something like vodka. I agree its ridiculous though. And why was Rainbow Dash, the fastest pegasus in Ponyville, so consistently towards the back of the line?
    Have you ever heard of the hare and the tortoise?

• Mac and Dash look mighty cute running on that treadmill together. Seems like a good "ship" to me..

Yes, a male and a female appeared on screen next to each other in this episode. Clearly, the next logical step is romance.

• they actually secretly hate each others' guts.
    Just like real girls!
  • The Film Flam Brothers song is really stuck in my head. I just love the peppiness of it all and especially the chorus and all the visual stuff that goes on every step of the way.
  • edited January 2012

Mac and Dash look mighty cute running on that treadmill together. Seems like a good "ship" to me..

Yes, a male and a female appeared on screen next to each other in this episode. Clearly, the next logical step is romance.

One of the things I like about the show is the fact that the females aren't defined by their relationship to males.
    So the fans define them by shipping them with stallions.
    Oh well, ships are ships. All sorts.
    Post edited by gomidog on
    Just like real girls!
    Hey, that's uncalled for.
    So the fans define them by shipping them with stallions.
    Oh well, ships are ships. All sorts.
    I don't get it either. I mean, the same-sex ships are so much more fun!
    Just like real girls!
    Hey, that's uncalled for.
    Just like high school girls!
  • Derpy Hooves is too offensive, apparently.
  • Use the original.

• *sigh* I can imagine the conversation the execs and writers had.
    "I don't understand. I thought THEY named her 'Derpy'."
    "They did!"
    "And now it's too offensive?"
    "Apparently."
    "But they're still calling her Derpy?"
    "It seems to be more about how she acted."
    "Acted?"
    "She was too clumsy. It made her look... slow. Apparently."
    "But she was like that in her cameos before! I mean, she dropped all that crap on Twilight, right?"
    "Yeah."
    "But didn't she do essentially the same thing?"
    "Yeah."
    "So what's the problem?"
    "*shrug* Fuck if we know, but they're angry."
    "See this is what happens when you try to make the internet happy!"
  • "Don't know what I want
    but I know how to get it"
    -- Anarchy in Equestria
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
    Evidently, we have drastically differeing opinions on what constitutes "nice things."
  • Fell into the cider cauldron as a baby, huh, Dash?
  • I like this Princess Derpy.