This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Someone should put RD in that "Read a Book" video. That would be amusing.
  • Excellent episode on all counts.
  • Today's episode was awesome, awesome to the max!
  • How long until we get a mash-up with the Reading Rainbow theme?
  • I come home from friends birthday party and what's the first thing I do? Ponies. What's wrong with me?

Also.
    Dear Princess Celestia.
    Today I learned that even tough serialized pulp fiction might be literary crap, enjoyment can be found on their pages.
  • It's a book. Not a sports page, or a magazine. Not an audio book either. So it's totally awesome!
  • My post also had a meta level of meaning because while at my friends birthday party I learned the existence of the destroyer series of books. I read a bit of one of the books and realized that while it was kinda bad it also was hilarious and entertaining enough that when I have a free spot I might borrow them from my friend and read 'em.
  • Haha, I knew someone would do a pic of her writing fanfiction.
  • I thought the episode was kinda meh. It didn't grab me, but gave me a giggle or two.
  • I argued so vehemently because I know that the squeaky wheel gets oiled, and too often the squeaky wheel is saying something dumb. That content creators still are able to retain enough freedoms to provide quality, intelligent entertainment to all demographics is a very important thing to me, on more than just one level.

But anyway, this episode gave me some laughs. At least she's not reading the Fillysitter's Club.
  • Stay at Fluttershy's. She's got the space.
  • Pinkie Pie isnt staying with the Cakes anymore then? Could be a one of visit to somepony maybe
  • Why DIDN'T they call the episode Reading Rainbow!? Missed opportunity!
  • Why DIDN'T they call the episode Reading Rainbow!? Missed opportunity!
    Um, probably because of Trademark protection?

• Copyrights aren't quite that strict. Something that small would fall under fair use.
  • edited February 2012
    I just bought this at Toys R Us.

It's not too shabby. My only gripe is that AJ doesn't have a hat, Fluttershy's hair isn't what it should be, and RD's eyes look too soft. It should be the straight eyelash line and not the curved top.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Copyrights aren't quite that strict. Something that small would fall under fair use.
    No, not for trademarks or titles. I don't think that would fall under fair use at all.
  • edited February 2012
    Copyrights aren't quite that strict. Something that small would fall under fair use.
    Copyrights and Trademarks are completely different. Completely. There is no such thing as fair use for a trademark.

Since MLP and RR are both TV shows, the likelyhood of confusion would be quite high here. They'd never be able to argue legit use of the Trademark.

Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited February 2012
    While a title like "Reading Rainbow" probably wouldn't fly, "Reading Rainbow Dash" probably could. An example of something similar (by the same production company no less) would be the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends episode "The Big Lebluski".
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • All the episodes of that show were like that.
    Pretty much yeah. Which reminds me I should continue watching that show at some point after finishing Yakitate Japan.
    Is it bad I watched that for ten minutes?
  • When I saw that part, I thought about the fact that I wanted a gif of it.
  • When I saw that part, I thought about the fact that I wanted a gif of it.
    That's why I love the Internet, I thought the same thing, Googled it, and there it was.
  • Just got into a random pub game of dungeon defenders with 3 other bronies. They were all 16, and today I learned that apparently the other major fandom in their age group was sonic the hedgehog? Why is that? Also apparently they can all spend their parents money freely on microtransaction bullshit.