This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• And I prefer the new voice actress she got.
    Same voice actress, actually. Since all of the young ponies are voiced by kids, her voice is probably starting to change.
  • I really like that episode.

Also, yay for animator errors. In the scene where Diamond Tiara falls in the ink it cuts to the Cutie Mark Crusaders and you can see that Diamond Tiara is still standing next to them even though she should be on the floor covered in ink.
  • edited April 2012
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • So they just hired a new writer, Natasha Levinger, for the show. (Apologies for the link to another forum, but I'm not reformatting all of that evidence.) On the downside, she has little writing experience (IMDB only lists "My Sexiest Mistake") and no animation writing experience. On the upside, the production schedule means this is a virtual guarantee we're getting more than 65 episodes, in one form or another.
  • Cross post from April Fool's Day 2012:

(Not an edit. Bill Ahmend actually wrote this strip and got it in to papers)
  • edited April 2012
    Ponies are on Netflix. (Via Reddit)
    That is pretty great! :D

Post edited by Erwin on
  • Ponies are on Netflix. (Via Reddit)
    That is pretty great! :D
    I will now officially stay one season behind.
  • edited April 2012
    This is pretty awesome:
  • Just watched the latest episode. Apparently ponies use 2 key typewriters? A binary->text converter box kinda makes a lot of sense for hooved creatures actually.
  • MC Chris
    Well done, MC Pee Pants, well done...
  • The next time someone questions ponies, show them this.

• Confirmed Gabe Newell for brony.
  • edited April 2012
    Confirmed Gabe Newell for brony.
    And the reason that valve decided to take up the DOTA2 project was because Gabe is super into DOTA, I recall him saying at one point he'd clocked up well more than 300 hours.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Sweetie Bot is my favorite fandom creation.
  • edited April 2012
  • I will now officially stay one season behind.
    Season 2 should be coming out shortly after the season finale on 4/21, if we believe the press release.

• Man, the episode quality these weeks have been top notch..such great scenes and momments in the recent episode. I crack up every time at the silent film villain treatment of the french griffon.
  • edited April 2012

Also, this is pretty decent:
    http://www.dragon-mango.com/ponygame/colgate.htm
    and this is cute:
  • edited April 2012
    Man, the episode quality these weeks have been top notch..such great scenes and momments in the recent episode. I crack up every time at the silent film villain treatment of the french griffon.
    Agreed. I was a little bit bothered by the handling of the reveal... as it was presented it seemed a little out of character, particularly with the minimal apologies. But it's just a small negative point in what was a really fun episode otherwise.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • edited April 2012

Also, in my effort to cram MLP into my schoolwork, in a response to an online question about facial hair in India, I posted the following:

While, personally, I think the handlebar and the Zappa are two of the manliest statements a man can make with facial hair, it seems my views are not shared among the youths of India. According to this article from the Washington Post, young people in India feel that facial hair is something for the older generation.

"No guy I liked ever had a mustache," said Vaishnavi Viraj, 18, a student at Delhi University. "My mum, though, thinks that mustaches are a sign of royalty and represent elegance and pride. As for me, I just don't like very hairy men."

For them, it seems, facial hair is what vinyl is to us and our parents (although my personal collection is 300 albums strong). I hope mustaches make a comeback, though. I mean, even fictional characters respect the 'stache.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Just watched the last couple of episodes at once - I'm getting really confused for who I should have as my favorite pony now. As much as I love Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie have been getting really awesome.

As for Saturday's ep, I'm glad they didn't forget about griffins, but I'm even more glad about all of those references.
    I mean, sudden, cool shifts in animation style get me at the best of times, but that Con Mare section with the donuts was just awesome. Also, there was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it Anything Goes reference when Pinkie was describing the cake, which made me incredibly happy. So yeah, MMMystery on the Friendship Express gets a 10/10 would watch again.

Also, I was so happy when the CMC had second thoughts in last week's ep. I was expecting the standard "they invade everyone's private lives and get a comeuppance" storyline, but instead they quit because they felt bad. That was so much better than how a kid's show would normally handle that plotline.