This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• HUB poll to determine the cake in the Royal wedding. Word on the internet is that we vote for the one on the far right to determine brony power.
  • edited April 2012
    Why the FUCK isn't the Marzipan Mascarpone Merengue Madness an option?

EDIT: I voted. Brony power currently at 24%.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Pegassistance

A friend of mine drew this for me.
  • Brony power now at 30%.
  • edited April 2012

Post edited by Apreche on
  • Brony cake now at 36%. Down with all those frilly cakes, i never liked them when i went to weddings anyway
  • edited April 2012
    Hey now, nothing wrong with frilly cakes, so long as they are delicious. If I recall correctly, Adam and Kate's cake was somewhat frilly and it was carrot cake with... cream cheese frosting?

Whatevs. It was reported to be quite good.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited April 2012
    True that. Presentation is one thing, but pretty or plain doesn't mean much if your cake's shit.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Agreed. Inversely, however, even the best steak in the world would look pretty inedible atop the lid of a dumpster.
  • Agreed. Inversely, however, even the best steak in the world would look pretty inedible atop the lid of a dumpster.
    Eh, long as it's on some sorta plate. I've eaten too many things in too many strange places to really be that bothered.

• Voted for prettiest cake, because it's prettiest.
  • edited April 2012
    Besides, this is the cake we think Applejack would make. She probably would go for something simple like the Brony cake. She'd leave the fancyfying to the Cakes, or Pinkie Pie.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • Besides, this is the cake we think Applejack would make.
    I didn't want to say it, but I thought the same damn thing.
  • edited April 2012
    Top 10 March pony videos
    Thanks for posting. Honestly, it's not the strongest collection I've ever seen. Pretty disappointing that the Game of Thrones intro was only an honorable mention; perhaps the creator split votes with his fourth wall video. Glad to see FiW get a win although this wasn't my favorite episode and I have to assume it was Luna fanboys that put them over the top. Oh well, some fun things in there anyway. I know a bunch of the well-known creators are working on a sequel to last year's anthology right now.

Post edited by Nissl on
  • Top 10 March pony videos
    Thanks for posting. Honestly, it's not the strongest collection I've ever seen
    Yeah, there have been better collections, but it's still a set of videos that are well above average.

I thought the Discord ones were pretty cool, especially human Discord, and "She reads all day" was great.
  • edited April 2012
    Post edited by Banta on

• I can't stop watching it.
  • edited April 2012
    @Diggery - I lol'd twice.
    I liked this as a theme for Twilight, and the other themes are really good too. I won't link all of them since you can see the guy's other work on the sidebar.

And this one had me giggling:

Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • And this one had me giggling:
    I favorited that shit. That was pretty amusing.
  • Season 3 is going to be 13 episodes.
  • Season 3 is going to be 13 episodes.
    Don't jump to conclusions.
    Before you go all a-twitter about the number being produced, keep in mind that Friendship is Magic is created at two studios, Top Draw being one of them. It is likely the workload is simply being split up to get the episodes out faster, and that's good news for us. It means less no-new-episode syndrome. Symptoms may include fanfiction and conniptions.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah, I saw that, but that idea doesn't make much sense to me. In S2 they developed an efficient workflow where DHX does all of the work up to layout (key frames?) and then Top Draw finishes off the actual animation. Why would they change it now? Are they hiring lots of people at DHX and letting them go at Top Draw? That would just make the show more expensive. I think it's pretty unlikely that the episodes will come out any faster than they did last year. That would cost more money for very little payback, and burn the people at the top of the production even more than currently.

I bet they are going to move to doing 13-episode seasons, with smaller gaps between them. That should reduce staff burnout and keep fan engagement higher, and give them more flexibility to boot. Pound Puppies is only 26 episodes in (because it got reassigned to DHX/Top Draw partway through season 1) and it looks like it's moving to 13-episode seasons too.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • Yeah, I saw that, but that idea doesn't make much sense to me. In S2 they developed an efficient workflow where DHX does all of the work up to layout (key frames?) and then Top Draw finishes off the actual animation. Why would they change it now? Are they hiring lots of people at DHX and letting them go at Top Draw? That would just make the show more expensive. I think it's pretty unlikely that the episodes will come out any faster than they did last year. That would cost more money for very little payback, and burn the people at the top of the production even more than currently.

I bet they are going to move to doing 13-episode seasons, with smaller gaps between them. That should reduce staff burnout and keep fan engagement higher, and give them more flexibility to boot. Pound Puppies is only 26 episodes in (because it got reassigned to DHX/Top Draw partway through season 1) and it looks like it's moving to 13-episode seasons too.
    As long its more ponies, i wouldnt mind if it were 6 episodes a season as long as the quality stays up!