This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

Happy Thanksgiving.
  • Happy Evacuation Day.
  • Candace has far to much boob in that one.
  • Candace has far to much boob in that one.
    Might just be the angle, since gravity will make things look bigger.
  • All I want to know is if the new episode is A Very Special Episode.
  • It was handled pretty decently, actually. Also, it was saved halfway through by an A-Team montage.

I also kinda liked Babs' design, but maybe that's just me.
  • edited November 2012
    I'm waiting till someone makes a crossover of the A Team opening with that montage.

Edit: I also like the reuse of Pinkie's Polka.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • What the episode doesn't teach you:

You tell adults about bullying and they don't/can't/won't do anything that actually makes it stop. Then what?
  • What the episode doesn't teach you:

You tell adults about bullying and they don't/can't/won't do anything that actually makes it stop. Then what?
    Beat the shit out of the bully. bring your friends. Bring their friends.
  • I liked Babs because her hair reminds me of bacon.
  • edited November 2012
    What the episode doesn't teach you:

Beat the shit out of the bully. bring your friends. Bring their friends.
    And then call your friend to dress like a woman so it wont seem unfair, and his roommate who'll trick his sister and her goons (who look like Yakuza) to show up. Then fill the whole area with your vast network of friends and basically make it seem like you've raised an entire army to your support.

Anyway, I like the episode, but the song was kinda "Alvin and the Chipmunks"-ish.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I feel like this would be hard to execute, but I feel like the show should teach at some point "Some people are just shitty, and you need to learn how to confront them and not be scared of them anymore." They don't really want to change Spoon/Tiara, so I think it's important for the CMC to just learn that and get over them for some real progress.

Best parts were the song, montage, and Pinkie being Pinkie.
  • The best part was when Applebloom looked at Pinkie and said, "Really?"
  • That was the worst Manehattan accent ever.
  • edited November 2012
    That was an ok episode. Pretty solid considering my general feelings about the CMC, actually. Lots of really cute stuff, several good jokes, but also a few real misfires and some fairly boring stretches. I think they could have done with a little more development of Babs's background or exploration of the dynamic with DT/SS.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • That was the worst Manehattan accent ever.
    Manehattan accent =/= Manhattan accent
  • I'm perfectly okay with this:
  • edited November 2012
    The song was really good in my opinion, really catchy beat. As for the overall episode, solid, nothing to really go crazy about, but solidly entertaining.

Although I would not really call what the CMC's did bullying, but it has a very positive message about people in general, that sometimes its because of shit in their life they act this way. However, the argument could be made that this episode also showed that standing up to others is a bad choice of action and that the "grown up" should be contacted first, something I'm not too comfortable with.

Also, what sort of accent was Bab doing...
    Post edited by lifecircle on
  • The song was really good in my opinion, really catchy beat. As for the overall episode, solid, nothing to really go crazy about, but solidly entertaining.

Although I would not really call what the CMC's did bullying, but it has a very positive message about people in general, that sometimes its because of shit in their life they act this way. However, the argument could be made that this episode also showed that standing up to others is a bad choice of action and that the "grown up" should be contacted first, something I'm not too comfortable with.

Also, what sort of accent was Bab doing...
    I'd say if the adult was as responsible as AppleJack yeah go for it.
  • And to that end, all of us adults should endeavor to be as responsible as AppleJack.
  • And to that end, all of us adults should endeavor to be as responsible as AppleJack.
    Even if you are responsible, what are you going to do about it? Beat up a kid? Beat up their parents? Call the cops/school who will do nothing about it? The bully isn't usually a cousin you are taking care of, and you know is actually a good kid. It's usually someone else's kid, and both the kid and the parent are pieces of shit. If they never take things over the line, the police won't get involved. Then what?
  • edited November 2012
    And to that end, all of us adults should endeavor to be as responsible as AppleJack.
    Even if you are responsible, what are you going to do about it? Beat up a kid? Beat up their parents? Call the cops/school who will do nothing about it? The bully isn't usually a cousin you are taking care of, and you know is actually a good kid. It's usually someone else's kid, and both the kid and the parent are pieces of shit. If they never take things over the line, the police won't get involved. Then what?
    Then its time to be irresponsible with what my kid learns. If no one around will help, then the other kid will be in the hospital.

I -try- to be responsible but when you give me such situations do you really not expect -me- to teach my kid a deadly martial art?
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
    As the Duck put it; You get Dangerous.
    So now you are a bully. How is someone not now justified putting you or your kid in the hospital?
    So now you are a bully. How is someone not now justified putting you or your kid in the hospital?
    Okay oh wise sensei, what IS the correct solution?