This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Oh I guess this episode also confirms which of the elements Celestia and Luna bore.

Celestia was the bearer of: Magic, Kindness, Generosity
    Luna was the bearer of: Honesty,Loyalty,Laughter

Small, but its good to know at least.
  • Which suddenly explains her corruption into Nightmare Moon. Her loyalty to Celestia was waning due to her growing anger, she must have lied through omission for awhile before the tipping point, and because she took the perceived rejection of her subjects too seriously she wasn't able to keep a light heart, like laughter entails.
  • Twilicane?! Sigh...

The new episode gave me a needed revival in my fandom of ponies. It honestly waned a bit between seasons and EqG didn't help matters. On top of that, going to a lackluster pony convention during the summer kinda killed things for me.

The two parter premiere was interesting enough to get me back into the universe. No gimmicks and twists like 3rd seasons premiere and finale, just world building and adventure. Those elements are my favorite of the show.

I felt that Discord was underused a bit, but now that they can't put him back, I wonder how often he will show up.
  • edited November 2013
    New episode leaked, in case anyone missed the news. Good job Hubworld, uploading it in advance with no security other than hoping rabid fans won't figure out the link.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • I guess since Twilight is a Princess and they have to sell a new playset, they are going to move into the old castle.
  • edited November 2013
    Not a bad solution if you ask me.

Another solid episode, in my opinion. We've all seen the plot before a billion times, but the characters felt good and there were plenty of jokes I liked. Surprised how much continuity they're going for this season. I think the animation is better than ever, too.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • Whoa...careful on the spoilers there...I stopped reading after the first few words, but yeah...that was enough to inform me what the episode was about now.
  • edited December 2013

Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I like the Luna parts of that best.
  • Soooo... Rarity is a fashionista Rouge the Bat now?
  • Meh. Central plot of this one felt very off, and there were a couple cringe moments as well. Had some good jokes at least.
  • My biggest complaint: Why didn't the Mane Six intervene at any point during that fight at Daring Do's house?
  • Well...THIS CAME OUT FINALLY

As for the episode, it's one of those, gets better with subsequent viewings kind of episode. I went through it 3 times and I do find it much better than my initial viewing.
  • I'm in the middle of PONIES The Anthology III right now.
    Inferno Spike is totally awesome.
  • Thought the newest episode was really fun, especially if you love Rainbow Dash. Also, this opens up so much more of the world if everything is true and all these other things exist.
    Fanfics confirmed.
  • edited December 2013
    Oh yeah, that Nerd off Twilight and Rainbow had, ASSUMING that all the books are basically nonfiction...http://fakeconvos.com/view.php?id=93947

The jungle area they are in is protected, or created, by an artificial power/localized magic greenhouse, known as the Radiant Shield of Rasdon. This is already established in MLP Cannon, as the Crystal Empire is simillarly located in the freezing north, but uses a localized artificial power to denote a magical space where ponies can live.

Ahuizotl gathered the Rings, also known as the Rings of Scorcherro, which before where banished to unknown areas of the Jungle (also known as the Tenocthiclan Basin). The Rings of Scorcherro, when placed together within a monument called the Dark Tower, is available to directly affect the Radiant Shield of Rasdon.

Hence, ahuizotl is not affecting Celestia's sun. He is simple affected the localized magic greenhouse with the rings, probably to create an artificial desert in the north through the use of scorching heat.

If i think about it this way, the world building this episode gives really goes quite in depth on it, and subtle too, framing the entire thing in a comedic nerd off.
    Post edited by lifecircle on
  • I was expecting all of it to be a larp so that J.K. Rowling (I cant remember her actual name) could get inspiration to finish the book.
  • A.K. Yearling, if I recall correctly.
  • Anyone tried the TCG yet? I believe there was a pre-release event few days ago or something. The more I read up on it and watch videos, the more interested I'm getting. Too bad I cant get it in my region yet.
  • edited December 2013
    Saw that in the new pony anthology video. Super adorable and fits very well. I also love that song. I should probably watch Macross Frontier (or any macross). Isn't macross the mech show with dancing?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Macross is the mech show with idols, so there is some dancing involved.