This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Man Seabreeze was about the only great thing to come out from this breezies episode. His snark and touching reveal at the end with his family stole the show, one of the few times where a supporting character probably held my attention much more so than the entire case of the main 6.

I am unsure of fluttershy as a character even till now, the lesson she learns, even from this one where she obtains here key, is not particularly new, then again, so was Rainbow Dash's.

Rarity and Pinkie Pie's were at least a deeper exploration, and I was happy with that ^^
  • I think the real message was about doing what is right, instead of what is easy. Fluttershy's kindness and consideration drove her to accommodate the breezies. Her nature drove her to act in that way, so for her, tolerating their laziness and complacency was easy. In order to do the right thing for them, she had to go outside her comfort zone. This wasn't an episode about being mean at the appointed time, or tough love. This episode was about seeing that you can't rely on your old ways to solve every problem. You have to see that your ace in the hole won't work every time. If this episode had shown Dash being impatient, and learning that she has to occasionally try other methods, it would have been the same as what Fluttershy dealt with. When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail. The problem here, is that somebody forgot to tell the writers that. This is a recurring problem, where the message of the episode is substantial, but the "moral" they state at the end is a completely different one.
  • I'm just happy we got something similar to flutterponies from G1.
  • "Dear Princess Celestia! I made friends with a shinigami! Now I can party FOREVER! ^_^"
  • I guess Sweet Apple Acres is like Heaven for Ryuk. Gotta confess, he was my favorite character in that show.
  • edited March 2014
    I genuinely loved the new episode "Maud Pie". It actually had a few laugh out loud moments for me and I really enjoyed the awkward dry humor of Maud's interactions with the rest of the cast. I know Maud was supposed to be bland and emotionless, but just her interactions with her sister kind of made her endearing to me.
    Post edited by edifolco25 on
  • Maud's probably one of the most magical of earth ponies, actually probably the entire pie family. There's nothing earthier than a family working with and farming stones and rocks, maud's crazy rock strength and pinkie's crazy shennigans and pinkie sense starts making sense a bit ;D
  • I feel like Maud Pie is one of those episodes like "Luna Eclipsed" where everyone is losing their mind because they have never seen someone like her before and invent their own headcanon. However, I've definitely see characters like her in other shows, so she didn't impress me all that much. Plus, you get another instance of an inconsistent moral. Maybe it works in that she works as such a great foil to Pinkie, but I'm very thankful she is a one-and-done character.
  • I stumbled upon a great find today; someone has taken the "DM of the Rings" formula and applied it to MLP:
    http://friendshipisdragons.thecomicseries.com/comics/
  • That's amazing, just what I needed today!
  • Awwww hell naw.
  • belkalra said:

I stumbled upon a great find today; someone has taken the "DM of the Rings" formula and applied it to MLP:
    http://friendshipisdragons.thecomicseries.com/comics/

I remember that from a year ago.
  • So due to work I had missed out on the newest episode, got to it today and my god, that rap. Possibly the best thing out of the show by far. Can't believe they changed the resolution to 4:3 as well. Really creative stuff with Pinkie this season, just when I thought a real life dancing rubber chicken was amazing already.

• This is pretty hypnotizing

• So that finale...had several levels of awesome. It has one flaw, but I'm pretty happy with what they built up and how it paid off. And we have a best new villain.
  • Oh, the season ended? I gotta catch up then.
  • That finale is truly ripe for mashing up with Dragon Ball Z.
  • Ok, finished off the season. Episodes were not too shabby. The trading episode was really good. I was really looking forward to the Equestria Games episode, but it was ruined because too much Spike, and not enough Ice Archery. Season finale was good except for way too much toy-selling. More than usual. Also, replacing the tree library, not cool. Should have reused pony sister's castle.
  • I didn't think they would [ find a plausble purpose to add in those ugly rainbow power toys, but they did. Also, Discord finally got a good reason to think friendship is important instead of just being told that. He actually learned. And the apprehension and slight concern of being princess was hinted at enough in the last few episodes, that it made sense in the two parter. ]

Also, the villain is the villain from the very first MLP animation in the 80's!
  • Viga said:

I didn't think they would [ find a plausble purpose to add in those ugly rainbow power toys, but they did. Also, Discord finally got a good reason to think friendship is important instead of just being told that. He actually learned. And the apprehension and slight concern of being princess was hinted at enough in the last few episodes, that it made sense in the two parter. ]

Also, the villain is the villain from the very first MLP animation in the 80's!

I thought the villain's brother would show up.
  • So is season 5 just going to basically be Pony Justice League? Where Twilight is SuperMan and everybody else is AquaMan except Rainbow who is obviously the flash
  • So is season 5 just going to basically be Pony Justice League? Where Twilight is SuperMan and everybody else is AquaMan except Rainbow who is obviously the flash

I sure hope so.

Yes. I'm ok with this.
  • The end of the episode was very toyetic.
  • The end of the episode was very toyetic.

A show that's meant to sell toys is toyetic? Say it ain't so!