This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Unicorns are the only ones who can write. Their telekinesis allows for the kind of fine motor control required. This dictates that they become the ruling class because guess who makes the laws and records history, bitches?
    I have one word for you. Typewriter. The Apple party will have plenty of ink as well. I hear unicorn blood is pretty abundant and easy to get at the palace.
  • Pony avatars for everybody.
    NERD!
    My question is why isn't your avatar Rainbow Dash? Or is it?
  • I predict Scootaloo is going to have a scooter cutie mark.
  • Scott's pony is the Daft Punk groupie pony.
  • This dictates that they become the ruling class because guess who makes the laws and records history, bitches?
    Civilizations existed before writing. Earth ponies will do it up Viking style, electing a lawspeaker and shit. We don't need no fancy writin'.
  • My question is why isn't your avatar Rainbow Dash? Or is it?
    I couldn't find a good one. Also, since Rainbow Dash is the best, I didn't want to match everyone else. Cutie mark has to be unique.

Actually, just the lightning cloud would be good. It's just temporary until I get new pictures of myself, probably after PAX.
  • Just because the Earth ponies can write badly doesn't mean they are likely to be the writers. The unicorns are so much better at it that it's likely they are the ones who will take on the task. Twilight has Spike do her writing for her because he is her bitch, not because it's hard.
    This dictates that they become the ruling class because guess who makes the laws and records history, bitches?
    Civilizations existed before writing. Earth ponies will do it up Viking style, electing a lawspeaker and shit. We don't need no fancy writin'.
    Um, didn't say it was a pre-requisite to civilization. Said it was superior.
    I call Big Mac.
  • Um, didn't say it was a pre-requisite to civilization. Said it was superior.
    No, you said, "They can write, so they make laws and get to be the ruling class." The implication is that writing is a prerequisite for making laws, which is not the case. You can make laws and have a ruling class without writing, so the fact that unicorn ponies can write is not sufficient to protect them from being deposed by an angry Earth pony stampede.

And let's face it: Pinkie Pie would make the best laws ever.
  • edited March 2011
    Seeing as I'm a DJ. I think I'll just go with DJ Pwn-y.

Also, DOUBLE DERP!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited March 2011
    "They can write, so they make laws and get to be the ruling class." The implication is that writing is a prerequisite for making laws
    No, the implication is that in a society where recorded word persists and pervades better than oral-only word, those who can write will ultimately be the ones whose views are remembered. You are just self-conscious about your vikingdom.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • You are just self-conscious about your vikingdom.
    How could I not be, covered in all this hair and veritably dripping with masculinity?

Besides, regime changes involve paradigm shifting. Sure, the unicorns make laws right now because somepony said that books are a better idea, but what if everypony else decides to change their mind? What if they decide to emphasize the oral tradition instead?
  • What if the ponies had Internets?
  • What if the ponies had Internets?
    Would there be a 4chan on Equestria's Internet?
  • What if they decide to emphasize the oral tradition instead?
    Do the ponies have long enough attention spans for that to even work?
  • Why do Scott and Sonic have the same avatar?
  • Why do Scott and Sonic have the same avatar?
    He copied me.
  • edited March 2011
    Why do Scott and Sonic have the same avatar?
    Apparently because we are like minded and awesome. Although, I'm a DJ. What's up with you, Scott?

EDIT: Aaaand now he's rainbowy.
  • You guys can't have the same avatar. It's already confusing enough when people change their avatars.
  • Pinkie Pie may suffer from ADD. But that doesn't mean all earth ponies are that way.
  • edited March 2011
    You guys can't have the same avatar. It's already confusing enough when people change their avatars.
    Don't worry. I'm likely going to change my avatar back to the old one once this MLP madness (the good kind) dies down a bit.
    Pinkie Pie may suffer from ADD. But that doesn't mean all earth ponies are that way.
    Case in point: Applejack.
  • You guys can't have the same avatar. It's already confusing enough when people change their avatars.
    I changed it, happy?
  • Seems Scott had it first, so I thank him for ceding his rightful usage of it.
  • Case in point: Applejack.
    You're using the redneck southern pony who talks funny as an example of how the oral tradition could succeed?
  • Case in point: Applejack.
    You're using the redneck southern pony who talks funny as an example of how the oral tradition could succeed?
    No, I'm using her as an example of a pony that doesn't suffer from ADHD.

• Also, DOUBLE DERP!
    We're so screwed.
    I call Big Mac.
    Oh bullshit. If I were changing to a pony avatar, I'd totally have dibs on big mac for obvious reasons.
  • edited March 2011
    Case in point: Applejack.
    Better a redneck pony then some pompous hoity-toity snob pony with a growth on it's head.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on